Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

old boring small block, 9.41

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where you been slug bug?? Hows the car coming?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sicker than hell for a few days... did do some work on the car, reinforced the rear control arm bracket on the body...well one side, have the plates ready to weld on to the pass side, have the fuel line route planned, and one tube in, need to weld a bung on the tank, then run the new pressure tube and hose, I have the rest ready to bolt on....will need to order the chute soon, I might wait for that 150 mph pass.....only like 3.5 mph off lol i might put a 3.90 gear in it...hopefully it wont shatter when i dump the brake lol
Old 02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

You're putting more or less gear in it? Sorry to hear you were not feeling well, I'd recommend you stop playing with the cats butt
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 PM
9 Second Club

I have 4.11 in it now, and i dont want to spin the engine much higher, it trapped at 7300 and the limiter is at 7500 so a tail wind would put me on the limiter lol. reenforced both control arm mounts , pulled the tank out tonight and welded the return fitting on and fixed one spot on the tank that looked suspicious. Discoved something about the welder at the shop....the owner of the machine never read the instructions i guess....I kind of got a crash course in welding aluminum with a tig, he said watch me...ok now you do the rest (that was on the seat brackets lol) then I built the fuel cell, but when i was cleaning the vpc16 out of the tank i got to thinking about the machine settings....so i flipped the lid up and found what i was looking for, changed the preflow..and it was like magic damn near instant puddle without having to jack the penatration all the way up, so he asked what did you do..I showed him and he was like.....maybe i should read the damn book for that thing- so now i just need to put the tank in and finish the lines. I have a couple of races I plan on going to soon- 3/30 and 4/20 i think. hopefully i can get a ticket to pinks all out, that will be 5/10, and if i dont get a good pass for first round, throw the bottle in and lay a nice 100 plus foot wheely!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by car_fixer
I have 4.11 in it now, and i dont want to spin the engine much higher, it trapped at 7300 and the limiter is at 7500 so a tail wind would put me on the limiter lol. reenforced both control arm mounts , pulled the tank out tonight and welded the return fitting on and fixed one spot on the tank that looked suspicious. Discoved something about the welder at the shop....the owner of the machine never read the instructions i guess....I kind of got a crash course in welding aluminum with a tig, he said watch me...ok now you do the rest (that was on the seat brackets lol) then I built the fuel cell, but when i was cleaning the vpc16 out of the tank i got to thinking about the machine settings....so i flipped the lid up and found what i was looking for, changed the preflow..and it was like magic damn near instant puddle without having to jack the penatration all the way up, so he asked what did you do..I showed him and he was like.....maybe i should read the damn book for that thing- so now i just need to put the tank in and finish the lines. I have a couple of races I plan on going to soon- 3/30 and 4/20 i think. hopefully i can get a ticket to pinks all out, that will be 5/10, and if i dont get a good pass for first round, throw the bottle in and lay a nice 100 plus foot wheely!
LOL bro I borrowed a welder from my buddy and he had the polarity reversed also, I was thinking man this metal welds like ****, did a couple spots ran out of wire, looked at the diagram on the inside of the box and I said "WTF" fixed it got some new wire, it welded like I was a f-ing nasa certified pro lol.

Post some pics up when you get a chance.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

yeah that stupid book, who needs that junk lol.
got the pressure line in so i dont have to push the car around at the shop, and i will try to borrow the camera from the boss lol.
its funny how well the tank fits in those brackets i made for it lol the best part is its all hidden so from the rear it looks normal, just real noisy lol
Old 02-21-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

So how much faster are you trying to get your car to go?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM
9 Second Club

its not a case of making it faster yet , it is more using what its got to the best i can, I want to leave on more power ( and a 1.1x 60 ft would be sweet) and bring the trap rpm down a little, but i have a feeling that my mph would pick up if i change gears. I got the return line in and the air bleeds put in, i just need to secure the lines and set the regulators , and maybe do some camo work lol I will try and get some updated pics next week, now i just need to write down the things i need to do before racing starts, and contemplate running super street for some $ lol
Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

I know a lot of nitrous guys will run a little less gear to pick up a couple mph on the top end.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 PM
9 Second Club

ok have the fuel system done except for one bracket for the regulator, and the camera is mia at the moment so no pics, but i did get a ticket to race at pinks all out
Old 02-27-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Cool you better stand it on the bumper, or I'll tell all my friends it's FWD
Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

lol, Im selling advertizing spots on the oil pan, k member and for the cheep seats the trans pan. If somebody wants to give me a set of say bogarts or something we can talk roof space lol
today i was tossing an idea around...running a 9 inch slick like 29.5 tall or so...that would make people look under the car ...lol
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

How much would it cost me to have you put "I like big fat dicks" on your oil pan?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:50 PM
9 Second Club

thats not even funny, although with a name like ragen...i guess i could put ragenz28 likes big fat dic%s on there if you want......
Old 03-01-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Ragen likes ladies with big ******* and big ol ghetto bootys

I think you should put "pinks sucks" on the oil pan
Old 03-01-2008, 10:56 PM
9 Second Club

Im pretty sure it will say something...might even use that light up pinstripe so it shows up real good lol...now how am I going to get the camera guy to get a good shot of it....I could do the redneck thing..HEY YALL ,WATCH THIS..but thats not really me, being a damn yankee and all, without nitrous it will pull the front wheels so maybe they will be looking to get that, then woops...holy sh!$
I was thinking of flipping him the bird on the way past since there is no real need to steer for 100 ft or so
Old 03-02-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

So are you going to race at the event or try to enter to lose your car?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
9 Second Club

its pinks all out, going to try and win the money! probably just turn into a play day though, never been to that track, and its like 900 ft higher and will be pretty warm by then, so i think it will turn into a reason to stand it on the bumper, should be good for the highlight reel
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by car_fixer
its pinks all out, going to try and win the money! probably just turn into a play day though, never been to that track, and its like 900 ft higher and will be pretty warm by then, so i think it will turn into a reason to stand it on the bumper, should be good for the highlight reel
LOL you're gonna get spanked by a FWD car! Turbo boost and nawzzz yo!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
9 Second Club

a friend of mine has a shirt, it says nawws, for people who dont know what their talking about
I should borrow it lol, and ill scare everybody into giving me a solo shot lol

Quick Reply: old boring small block, 9.41