Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Street Racing Police Sting!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow

Am I the only one that saw this?//////

"They like the Honda Civic," Robles said of the street racers. "That's the standard."

LMFAO.....What the world has come too if this cop is correct....lol

Maybe a standard for ricing up a car....not a stardard for a Race car...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

The standard for terrorizing the streets like a bunch of idiots.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bassist3453
I had court on the 26th. I got my GTO back. Thought I'd tell everyone. I still lost my license for a year, got a whopper of a fine, a year of supervised probation, and 200 hours of community service. I'm waiting for the court order to retrieve my goat. I hope it's not too messed up after 10 months of sitting...
Has anyone else got their cars back or will be getting them back? Any jail time for anyone related to this?

Glad your getting your GTO back.

I think all street racers should join or interact with MADD. Maybe if we all push stiffer penalties for drunk driving cops might realize that they are more of a danger then organized street racing is.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

rumor is only 4-5 people got their cars back
Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Any word on informant injuries? WTF is taking so long? Somebody should have fallen of the roof or accidently burned by the water heater at least huh? May I suggest toothpicks under the fingernails, always good to start the party off. They tell me kneecaps take quite a while to heal when broken, even longer when it's both.............................
Old 09-10-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, not taking the Camaro up to High Point anymore...
Old 09-12-2009, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

This pisses me off, my dad got run over by a drunk driver it was his 3rd offence my dad was on his death bed for a month and in icu for 4 months. The ******* that hit him only went to jail for a night, got off scott free, no probation no suspended drivers license nothing, he only had to pay a 1k fine that was it.

Seriously if they took my car like that I would be going to jail for more than street racing. ftp
Old 10-11-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how was it that you was able to get your car back? when most if not all didnt have a chance to get their car back. I know some of the people and they got screwed.
Well atleast this nightmare can be put to rest for the most of them.
i think all this was just WAY to PUBLIZED and POLITCAL and no one stood a chance but you apparently....GOOD GOING!!!

a friend of mine just called me and said that on the show MOST AMAZING SHOCKING VIDS...or somthing ...they had high point on there about the SO CALLED street racing.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

i heard through the grape vine people who got their cars back snitched on the others but who knows.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can talk now....my case is over!

i had trial all week long......superior court Jury trail that is!

I was found guilty of 1 count pre-arranged and 1 count wreckless in district court and I appealed it to superior court.

THe trial lasted a week from Monday and was done yesterday....AND YES THERE IS MORE THAN ONE INFORMANT! because he was forced by the NCHP to testified in my case. THe stipulations in his conviction was that he was to testify in ANY case the Highway Patrol wanted him to. I know his name but i wont post it up just yet but when the time comes I will.... but he was the driver of the 04 Silver Nissan Sentra.
In my case they had audio, video and 5 HP's and the state machanic and the informant and his wife all testified against me....Troopers had no real hard evidence on me as the driver putting me in the car at the time of said race I was never ID'd driving my car during..as i had an alibi whiich put me somewhere else.
THe informant made up some BS that he saw me in the car driving which is all total BS!

to make a long story short.....once it went to the jury they deliberated for 3 hrs. and came back with a NOT GUILTY verdict on count one of PRE-ARRANGED/WRECKLESS DRIVING but did come back with a GUILTY verdict on count 2 of SPONTAINEOUS SPEED COMPETITION which from my understanding does not keep my car. MY attorney feels that if not guilty on the worser of the 2 i should have been not guilty on all...because there was so much doubt in the whole case....but its over and i have to to live with it. I didnt get any probation or anything but did get a $1000 fine and I will be doing some major time in jail only because of my past criminal history which i guess thats my own fault.

my thinking is...that the jury didnt think i did it but since these cases were SO POLITICAL and PUBLICIZED went ahead and found me guilty but didnt warrant them taking or keeping my car.

Now whats the next step? I dont know....how or when do i get my car back?

for those of the people that where charged with SPONTAINEOUS ...when or how did you get your cars back?

what paper am I waiting on from the courts to get my car?

I want to pick it up this week but i know i just cant walk up there and say "hello officer im here to pick up my car" LOL

anyone know?

anyone know where i can look up the statue on the laws for speed competition?

anyone wanna know anything about what i now know about the cases feel free to aak...I can talk now!
I will say one thing...Trooper Davis who was under cover is one hot! trooper...

Last edited by stroked383HSR; 10-17-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

ha ha ha Its alot cheaper to take it to the track and more safe
Old 10-17-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Problem is in a lot of areas tracks just aren't accessible. Not to mention the tracks we keep hearing about being shut down. Closest track to me in any direction is about a two hour drive.

Saw the sting that claimed the '04 cobra, if i remember right one of the officers kept the car for himself and uses it to bust racers.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^^

that 04 cobra was the one in the charlotte bust.

the 04 cobra taken in this bust with the broken axle... will not be used for any such thing ....it will not be auctioned off...i over heard the troopers and the sheriffs department talking in the court room about using that car as a display car for street racing and what happens.

I read that if acquitted for PRE-arranged...then the vehicle shall be returned to said owner.....im assuming that means NOT GUILTY?.....which i was found for that charge.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

That whole deal was BULL ****.

Im TIRED of seeing where DRUNK DRIVERS only get a slap on the rist, and maby a fine, or even get their drivers license suspended for 30 days, and get their car/truck back the next day.

Im not saying that street racing is OK, but who on here can honestly say they have not street raced in one form or another?? I have and i have been pulled over for it more than once and got a verbal warning one time and a careless and reckless another.

So... by NC law you are better off getting a DWI than taking off fast at a stop light???
Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats wrong man. My uncle has over 3 DWIs and 2 deportations and hasnt even been in jail for more than 2 months all combined. He has never had a car taken away just inpounded, even though he has passed out in the middle of the road while driving it. That is some messed up **** man, glad your getting your goat back.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

I was in one of those stings in FL once back in 2004. Luckily, all they did was cordon the area off and handed out street racing tickets to everyone who was parked on the side of the road since no one was racing when they arrived. I hired a lawyer and got everything dismissed since I claimed to be passer by caught in the action. That **** sucks man.

Quick Reply: Street Racing Police Sting!!!!!!