Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Street Racing Police Sting!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Racing Police Sting!!!!!!

Im not sure how many of you on here might be from North Carolina. But just so everyone knows the NC highway patrol is having a field day busting street racers.......In the High Point, NC area they impounded 31 cars this weekend. They have been gathering evedence for months with tons of video and undercover officers...The fastest Eaton Blower Cobra in the country is one of the cars that got taken...Just wanted to warn everyone...
Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Banned

I wonder what happens when they impound/seize your car and you still owe money on it...
Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you pay off the remainder of the lien against it, they file for a commonwealth duplicate title and sell it at auction. Not a good combination of events.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned

Ouch...

Damn that's some harsh stuff. Kinda like guzzling straight Whiskey.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mean while drunk drivers keep their cars, not that strret racing is any more safe.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be nice to be a drunk driver in the High Point area.

Penalty is far more harsh than the crime in this case, unfortunately. I wish all laws were enforced with such stiff penalties.

This is sure to generate some big revenue for Forsyth & Guilford counties.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Launching!

You got the right Joey....Trust me i know...FIRST HAND...you know me....Im Matt......Red 300zxTT.....i dont think i need to remind you who i am......
Old 11-24-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With all this going on what is the penalty for just being caught watching the racing? Usually here in Ky or Wv you get a ticket and a good bitching out from the long arm of the law about how reckless and dangerous this activity is for you and everyone else involved. I am sure more people than just me have heard the speech face to face or in the back seat of the cruiser.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Launching!

well if you are interested in how SERIOUS they are being...just search google for High Point Street Racing Sting.........As of today there are 14 cars taken, 30 have been arrested and or charged.....There are plans to take around 20 more cars and charge or arrest another 30...........It is nuts....
Old 11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

That's just another reason to take it to the track.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

That really pisses me off. The jackasses out driving drunk with 10+ DWI's keep their licenses and you "safely" race on the street and they royally @#*% you.

There is a big difference in safety between the idiots weaving through traffic and the ones who are organizing these races and set up safety precautions.

Drunk driving should be penalized more like this is being handled. how many organized street race deaths are there each year? plus anyone standing on the side of the road assumes the risk. a person hit by a drunk....could happen to anyone. I know multiple people who have died at the hand of drunk drivers, it sucks. Go after those guys.

grr. end vent
Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's an article about it. I love how the cops act like they know something about cars.
Arrests mount in Triad street racing
Monday, November 24
(updated 5:18 am)
By Donald W. Patterson
Staff Writer

Deputies examine a car confiscated during a crackdown on street racing in High Point.
Credit: Joseph Rodriguez / News & Record

State troopers say they put the brakes on street racing in Guilford and Forsyth counties late Saturday and early Sunday by arresting 13 people and seizing 12 tricked-out vehicles, some of which could hit speeds of up to 150 mph.

Troopers, who have served 45 warrants so far, describe the undercover operation as the largest vehicle seizure ever on the East Coast.

"If there is one larger," said Sgt. Rodney Robles, who is based in Winston-Salem, "I would like to know of it."

Troopers anticipate seizing 20 additional vehicles and making more arrests this week. Those arrested so far range in age from 18 to 28.

"A lot of them had multiple charges," Robles said. "We had one with nine warrants."

Troopers say they began receiving information several months ago about racing on North Main Street in High Point and on U.S. 311 in Guilford and Forsyth. The patrol mounted an investigation using undercover officers, confidential informants and hidden cameras.

Assisted by state Alcohol Law Enforcement agents and the Guilford County Sheriff's Office, troopers began serving warrants and seizing vehicles late Saturday.

So far, officers have cited 79 violations.

Charges include prearranged racing, spontaneous racing, reckless driving and stop sign violations.

Prearranged racing and spontaneous racing are both misdemeanors punishable by revoked driving privileges, fines and jail time. But prearranged racing also includes vehicle seizure.

So far, troopers say they have found no evidence that drivers are making bets on the outcome of their races.

"I think it is just for bragging rights and thrills," Robles said. "Nobody has admitted taking any money."

But there's plenty of money involved for drivers who modify their rides by adding turbo-charged engines, oversized wheels and racing suspensions.

Cars impounded so far include three 1990s Honda Civics, which look nothing like they did when they rolled off the dealer's lot more than a decade ago.

"They like the Honda Civic," Robles said of the street racers. "That's the standard."

But the seizure list also includes vehicles that are traditionally built for speed: a 2004 Nissan 350Z, a 2004 Pontiac GTO, two 1995 BMW M3s and a 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra.

"He's got a lot of money in (that one)," Robles said of the Cobra.

"The rear tires are probably worth $500 apiece."

The seizure list also includes a 2008 Chevy TrailBlazer with a Corvette engine.

Troopers say their crackdown will make the highways safer, noting some of the races on U.S. 311 can cover up to three-quarters of a mile.

"Street racing is extremely dangerous, and it places lives at risk," Col. Walter J. Wilson Jr., commander of the Highway Patrol, said in a statement. "We will not tolerate this kind of reckless endangerment on our highways."

http://www.news-record.com/content/2..._street_racing
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

horseshit....all of it. its all just for ******* show so they can look good and take our money......also, they shouldn't have been so stupid and be so obvious when they are breaking the law. both sides are guilty on this one.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Teching In

I grew up in Greensboro and used to go out that way and watch... Glad i moved to atlanta, otherwise i wouldnt have my car right now...
Old 11-25-2008, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's funny, a trailblazer ith a corvette engine in it! LOL, it's called a
TrailblazerSS!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In San Diego, they caught a bunch of ricers street racing and they confiscated their cars... After everything was said and done, they invited the ricers out to watch their cars being crushed in the car crusher.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

that was my buddy's trailblazer. was a nice truck, lol.

I don't condone street racing....but

I bet the reason the fines are a little more easy on drunk drivers than street racers is because the people that are making the laws are probably never going to get caught for street racing, but they might get caught for drunk driving.

so they make street racing fines/charges really bad because they know they will never have to deal with it, but drinking and driving might happen to them....so they make it manageable if they get caught.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

I bet half of the arresting officers grew up street racing...I guess it's time for me to make the car track ready, the risk is just too much.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

guys quit bitching street racing is illegal PERIOD. yea i've done it but if i get cought i cant complain. the law is the law.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

When I used to go out and race, the cops would just show up, break us all up, and we would go to a different spot. None of them really gave any tickets.

I guess we had it good where we were at.

Quick Reply: Street Racing Police Sting!!!!!!