Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in racing at Thunder Road Raceway Park?
yes
100.00%
no
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Ark-La-Tex LS1tech Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ark-La-Tex LS1tech Racing

With the opening of Thunder Road Raceway Park (old Red River Raceway) how many of ya'll would be interested in showing up for some LS1tech racing.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure where this is but im in LR, Ar..
Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Please schedule this race when it gets cooler and I'm sure there will be alot more people come out.... just my 2cnts
Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How is the tech up there? If its tight, I'm sure to be kicked out.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Green3spd
Im not sure where this is but im in LR, Ar..
its the ark-la-tex. meaning somewhere close to where those three states meet. Generally speaking its kind of a slang word around this area. The race track is just north of Shreveport, probably 2 1/2 hours from you.

hey wayne i will come but **** its awfully hot right now.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Why dont we all go at night? Better for me I dont get off til 8pm anyway
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 PM
9 Second Club

I'll show up
Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 AM
Launching!

I'd like to do something like this but thats a nice drive for me. It would definitly involve a hotel room, lol.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by R W B
I'd like to do something like this but thats a nice drive for me. It would definitly involve a hotel room, lol.
R W B, come on up and race with us.

Wayne you know I'll be there. The transformation of the black Z is almost complete. It is a 6 speeder again. I got the red TA up in the air and ready to be torn into
Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Ya'll know I'm in too!!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

What I would like to do is get a 16 to 32 car field to show up for a saturday bracket race in the street class. From there we can talk to Sam about some LS1tech races. I know it is hot out right now, but this is a good time for us to show our support of the track and get them to work with us.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Agreed, I'm out of racing a few more weeks but if I have to I'll bust out the Avalaunche
Old 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by caddobass
What I would like to do is get a 16 to 32 car field to show up for a saturday bracket race in the street class. From there we can talk to Sam about some LS1tech races. I know it is hot out right now, but this is a good time for us to show our support of the track and get them to work with us.
Looks like sam already killed the sunday races! 3 weeks into the season and they are cutting days off I think they had their hopes up that the track would be packed with people every weekend after they reopened it. Temps in the 100s,green track and guys already mid way into points at other tracks is what is huring them.

Wayne,i would shoot for 10 to 16 car field for a ls1tech race in this 100 degree heat. I'll show up to help out as long as it falls on a saturday. Cooper is firing back up to 6 days a week again.

Last edited by StreetStalkerZ; 06-30-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cainsw
Agreed, I'm out of racing a few more weeks but if I have to I'll bust out the Avalaunche
I got you with my 2500 duramax.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Good to hear work is picking back up for you Scott, can't say the same for our GM brothers in S'port.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

i would try to come over money is alittle tight and its real hot for a big boy to sit in that car very long
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by caddobass
Good to hear work is picking back up for you Scott, can't say the same for our GM brothers in S'port.
It's picking up or so they say. Hopeing it will last a little while to get the accounts built back up some.

I have been reading on the Thunderraceway forum about how attendance on saturday's are not looking good. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a LS1Tech race setup for a saturday to help them out some and maybe talk to them personally about the programs they are running. They say they want to see racers show up and back up the talk before they start making changes. I thought having a forum to discuss topics was for that and i also thought that if you give the people what they want they will show up??

How many of you would rather bracket race? or index race? Also how many of you want to race for a trophy or take money for winner and runner up in the street class? We need to get a count and take it to them on what kind of saturday program we want.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

The transformation of the black Z is almost complete. It is a 6 speeder again.
trader.......

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
I have been reading on the Thunderraceway forum about how attendance on saturday's are not looking good. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a LS1Tech race setup for a saturday to help them out some and maybe talk to them personally about the programs they are running. They say they want to see racers show up and back up the talk before they start making changes. I thought having a forum to discuss topics was for that and i also thought that if you give the people what they want they will show up??

How many of you would rather bracket race? or index race? Also how many of you want to race for a trophy or take money for winner and runner up in the street class? We need to get a count and take it to them on what kind of saturday program we want.
you know it seems painfully obvious to me that this whole track reopening thing just plain hasnt gone over so well. I dont think there is anyway to make everyone happy in this situation. I enjoy racing, it doesn't really matter to me if i have to slow my car down to meet an index or try to run my dial in. When Im at the line waiting for the lights to come down thats what makes it worth it. Its just not the same feeling as on the street. I thought (after the trip to monroe) that it was awesome to have a track so close. True story, me and cody were cruising up there and we passed it by 5 or 10 minutes bc i had forgot just how close this track is to us. We had to make a U-turn and come back I think if we want this track to stay here and this is what we enjoy doing we should support it now and then work on getting what we want in the longer term. Not pointing fingers at anyone here, just making a point.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 06-30-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Launching!

R W B, come on up and race with us.

Wayne you know I'll be there. The transformation of the black Z is almost complete. It is a 6 speeder again. I got the red TA up in the air and ready to be torn into
It depends on when you all do it. My car isnt ready yet and with this heat in south La, just everywhere really, I havent been working on it too much lately to be honest, lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Those Duramax are some bad dudes. My buddy has one and it feels like it runs as good pulling a 12000lbs trailer as it does without a trailer.

I'll be back out there as soon as I get my other car done. Shouldn't be but a few weeks. I prefer running brackets, index sucks monkey *****. Friday or Sat nights are good with me. I still don't understand why they do not atleast try a trophy street class on Friday nights. Make it $25 and race for a trophy for the winner and R/U and if they get 15-20 cars throw a little $$$ in the pot also. This would make it so it would give some guys that are new to drag racing a chance to learn how to bracket race with only costing the racer an extra $5 instead of an extra $20. Then when they learn the game and actually stand a chance at winning they might come race on Sat too. No one is ever going to try bracket racing/index or any other style of racing when they know it is going to cost them that much extra and they know they stand ZERO chance at winning.

I learned how to bracket race on Friday nights at Hallsville as did most other racers on here did. Turn out was always huge for Friday Brackets. The first night I finally won a bracket race, there was 64 cars in Trophy street and almost everyone bought back. Just something for the track to think about

Last edited by cainsw; 06-30-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Ark-La-Tex LS1tech Racing