Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Do NOT use The TINT GUY!! tinted firebird back window

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do NOT use The TINT GUY!! tinted firebird back window

Well got the windows tinted in my TA and the *** bag at THE TINT GUY, Woodstock GA that did it fucked the back window up. I was wondering if anyone with a T/A has a back window with the tint not messed up at all to show him. Becuase apparently according to him it is impossible to tint correctly and I was promised a full refund if I bring one up there. Anyhow was hoping someone in the area with one done correctly would help me out and stop by there w/ me to prove and can be done right and ill throw them some bucks out of the refund. Anybody? Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What are the defects? What did he do wrong? Can you post up a pic.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are the bubbles at the top of the hatch? did he call them "matrix bubbles" ? Local guy here that tinted mine also had that problem on both of my T/A's that he tinted.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got a guy here in Nashville that is AWESOME when if comes to F-bodies. He does the rears in one sheet and its flawless, we have about 7 or 8 cars in the club that hes done and every one of them is perfect. he can and will do the FULL windshield to. Its a little bit of a hike for you but if you want it done right he will def take care of you. PM me if you want his number.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only problem I have ever had, is just a little extra wavyness (that a word) at the defroster lines, which is slightly annoying at night driving. But had no other problems on either of the birds.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

I got a camaro I know its not the same but I got mine don in roswell I live in Woodstock I know who your talkin bout the back windows are a pain in the azz. but they should make it right every time Ive gone up there they were always assholies to me thats why I never had them do it
Old 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Huff035
Are the bubbles at the top of the hatch? did he call them "matrix bubbles" ? Local guy here that tinted mine also had that problem on both of my T/A's that he tinted.
remove the tint up there and replace it with a piece of black vinyl u wont see the bubbles anymore .
Old 07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

yeah. its those bubbles on the top there is like a strip where it looks normal followed by rows that look like they didnt squeege it right, and then it looks normal again.

i might have to try the vinyl strip after i can get my money back on the shitty part he already did.

I was just hoping someone had a legit tint job on theirs, so i could go by there and tell him to go **** himself as Ive had a T/A in the past that looked perfect when tinted
Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

check out gafba.com (Ga F body site) or musclecar-evolution.com another local GA board both have memebers in that area.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

I also live in Woodstock, GA. Thanks for the heads up, thats one shop I am not taking my bird too anytime soon.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

In that guys defense, the rear windows of these cars are actually pretty difficult to tint. I've seen several experienced tinters have to redo them.

That being said, a seasoned tinter should be able to get it right and not make excuses like "that can't be done right". I'd get a refund and go to someone who does a lot of F-bodies.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

thats normal, mine are like that, and also lots of others
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, they tinted my T/A about 4 months ago. They did the back window in 1 piece and is perfect! They actually have done the last 3 vehicles of hours.
I have had nothing but a great experience with them! Sorry your having problems, they usually do a great job!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
I got a guy here in Nashville that is AWESOME when if comes to F-bodies. He does the rears in one sheet and its flawless, we have about 7 or 8 cars in the club that hes done and every one of them is perfect. he can and will do the FULL windshield to. Its a little bit of a hike for you but if you want it done right he will def take care of you. PM me if you want his number.
Who is it? I had mine done in Nashville, when I lived there. Rear was one piece. Don't know if the place is still there but it was Sun something. Right across from C&S Harley Davidson. 42nd ave. I think. Man it's been awhile. Almost 10 years on it and still holding up.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most good tint guys will do it in one sheet and you will barely notice the matrix if they use a heat gun properly. Mine was done by a shop in Franklin, TN and its perfect aside from a few rows of the dot matrix showing.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Wow, they tinted my T/A about 4 months ago. They did the back window in 1 piece and is perfect! They actually have done the last 3 vehicles of hours.
I have had nothing but a great experience with them! Sorry your having problems, they usually do a great job!

You need to hook up with Quikws6 so that he can show them that it can be done right, especially if they are the ones that did the job.

He needs to get the guy working there that did your tint to do his.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Minacious
You need to hook up with Quikws6 so that he can show them that it can be done right, especially if they are the ones that did the job.

He needs to get the guy working there that did your tint to do his.
^^^this is true
Old 07-15-2009, 11:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. We can go over there and show him.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Our back window is difficult, but he's full of **** about it being impossible to be done correctly. Just tell him he needs to retint it or you're going to the BBB.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Does it look like this? The bubbles at the top? They guy who tinted mine said that it would settle and go away that it was a bitch to do these cars. i was skeptical but i said ok and left the business. it has been like that ever since. I wish that i would have gone back now.

Quick Reply: Do NOT use The TINT GUY!! tinted firebird back window