Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen Z28 from me by good friend while deployed

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Z28 from me by good friend while deployed

Hey all its been almost a year after i returned from deployment. I left my 01 red with black t-top and black z06 wheels with a friend of mine WILLIAM KENNA and left the title in the glove box. Thinking it would be ok knowing this guy forseveral years. The rear end had busted and I told him id sell it to him but hold on to it for me while i deployed. He got a $400 rear end and began running it occasionally to keep the juices goin. She was a full bolt on 12.8 sec t56. I loved that car and when i was soon to be redeploying back to the states he wouldnt return my contacts ( calls, emails). I got worried so I contacted the dmv and ran the vin number to verify it was still mine so I could report it stolen. TO my shock and awe, the car had somehow been retitled in his name and it was now registered in his name, and still is as far as I know. If you have any information on a William Kenna used to live (or still does, who knows) in southern pines, near ft.bragg NC. The pic is on my profile and any information would be amazing. My phone number is (910)495-5806 my email is soldierofiction22@yahoo.com please I want my baby back. I cant give up on her. She was my first hotrod
Old 01-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fbodynewbie
Hey all its been almost a year after i returned from deployment. I left my 01 red with black t-top and black z06 wheels with a friend of mine WILLIAM KENNA and left the title in the glove box. Thinking it would be ok knowing this guy forseveral years. The rear end had busted and I told him id sell it to him but hold on to it for me while i deployed. He got a $400 rear end and began running it occasionally to keep the juices goin. She was a full bolt on 12.8 sec t56. I loved that car and when i was soon to be redeploying back to the states he wouldnt return my contacts ( calls, emails). I got worried so I contacted the dmv and ran the vin number to verify it was still mine so I could report it stolen. TO my shock and awe, the car had somehow been retitled in his name and it was now registered in his name, and still is as far as I know. If you have any information on a William Kenna used to live (or still does, who knows) in southern pines, near ft.bragg NC. The pic is on my profile and any information would be amazing. My phone number is (910)495-5806 my email is soldierofiction22@yahoo.com please I want my baby back. I cant give up on her. She was my first hotrod
Wow dude that's beyond fucked up! Sometimes you can't trust anyone but yourself. Good luck on getting her back!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

If you find him, your going to have a battle on your hands. Now that its in his name, you will have to show that it was yours and that you didn't sell it or give it to him. Find any old documents that show it in your name, old dmv records, etc. If you can prove that he stole it, then you can also prove that he forged your signature on the title. Being that you had it at bragg, you may be able to get the records where you had it registered on post and that will help some. The more you can prove that it was yours, the easier you will be able to get it back... if you can find him. Sorry to hear that this happened to you, good luck getting it back.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

Post or email some photos if you have some. I am in that area once a week and can keep an eye out. I imagine there is a means with the DMV to challenge the title transfer in instances where their is a forged signature which was required for the title transfer.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

man thats fucked up. heres a guy that is protecting our way of life and this **** bag goes and does something like that. he needs a good boot up his *** and beating
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Im in Fayetteville, id like to see pictures of the car and guy. he have a facebook or something? this town is kinda small in the hot rod arena, alot of people know alot of everyone else. You should post this on Horsepowerjunkies.com also. they have a Fayetteville section.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

wow did you sign the title or did he forge it, sux man
Old 01-11-2011, 01:29 AM
On The Tree

wow... can barely trust anyone these days, good luck getting it back man!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's horrible. I hope you can find him and get it back. Good luck and thanks for serving our country
Old 01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

My wife and I frequent the Southern Pines/ Aberdeen area, and theres only a few red z28's around the area, only one Ive seen with black rims. Is there anything that stands out about the car besides the z06 rims? I beleive we've recently seen it around the US 1/ 15, 501 part of town by the shopping centers.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats terrible. Hopefully you get everything worked out.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

i would go to the police about it, and let your legal officer know this as well. shouldnt be hard to find him, simple internet search and a couple bucks. what a bad friend
Old 01-15-2011, 09:59 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hopefully you didn't sign the title before leaving the car. If so, you left it wide open for somebody else to sign their name as the "buyer" and take possession.

If you DIDN'T sign it, then unless your friend is a master of forgery you should be able to prove he forged your name on the title.

Either way that's pretty F'd up. Good luck getting the car back.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

wow man that sucks. if that ever happened to me id hunt him down and kill him with my bare hands. good luck and keep us updated
Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You NEED to go to the Police Dept and make a report ASAP! Just because he forged your title and has it in his name now doesn't mean that it's not stolen. So go make that report. The police investigator will help sort out the title forgery. AND they'll get that car back away from him in a jiffy. Good luck Brother.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

that sucks. i would hunt him down and give him a piece of your mind. just dont do anything that could get you into trouble.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

And the fact that a Notary had to notarize the title and see you sign the title before its done.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Teching In

Live in Benson, but I'm in Fayetteville every day. Such a terrible thing to go through. I would like to see some pics, and ill keep an eye out.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Staging Lane

basic rule=trust no one.I used to....sorry this happened.I wouldn't have signed title or leave in car,though.Thats just wrong he's avoiding you.He/car will turn up hopefully.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

I think you should be able to gather your purchase paperwork and other documents that you have on it. Receipts and any pictures of the car and vin. I would seriously hire someone to help.
Good luck man

Quick Reply: Stolen Z28 from me by good friend while deployed