Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Northwest Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris06GT
Jason Hale's car ran high 7's with exhaust, tune and tires. So you're saying your's will do that?
He also went through 3 motors doing it
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DustinWS6
I'm ready for someone to post their callout
I callout everybody........... To come over and get this car put together lol
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chris06GT
What would you say your car is making? roughly.
right now not retuned for the headers? probably 355whp or so though the transmission tune is solid

with a CAI, exhaust, and a tune, it'll be in the 375-385whp range(Ls3s usually hit about 400whp, due to the automatic we usually dyno about 15whp less) but a tuned 6-speed automatic is a dangerous weapon in the 1/8th mile... because those same LS3s with 15 more whp don't exactly want to line up with us

but honestly, I wouldn't care if my car put down 275... if its running in the 7s with bolt-ons, i'll let the ricers talk dynos... for all that goes, if I put a 3200 stall on it, it'd drop probably 15whp... now would you want a line a non-stalled automatic bolt-on Camaro with the hp advantage up against a lower dyno reading stalled bolt-on Camaro? not if you like winning, dynos be damned

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; 06-05-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99slobird
He also went through 3 motors doing it
I know this. I was just saying. Lot's of 5.0's were replaced within the firt year. Number 7 and 8 pistons cost Ford a lot of money. It's all in the tune.

Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama
right now not retuned for the headers? probably 355whp or so though the transmission tune is solid

with a CAI, exhaust, and a tune, it'll be in the 375-385whp range(Ls3s usually hit about 400whp, due to the automatic we usually dyno about 15whp less) but a tuned 6-speed automatic is a dangerous weapon in the 1/8th mile... because those same LS3s with 15 more whp don't exactly want to line up with us

but honestly, I wouldn't care if my car put down 275... if its running in the 7s with bolt-ons, i'll let the ricers talk dynos... for all that goes, if I put a 3200 stall on it, it'd drop probably 15whp... now would you want a line a non-stalled automatic bolt-on Camaro with the hp advantage up against a lower dyno reading stalled bolt-on Camaro? not if you like winning, dynos be damned
I know exactly what you mean. I was just curious.

My 06 was 3811 lbs at race weight, CAI, exhaust and a tune with stock 3.55's on 18" Nitto's cut a 1.98 60' and ran 8.41.

It made 317/339 at that time.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Teching In

yeah, on Nitto's these cars easily cut 1.8s... on the stock tires, I cut 1.9s when they were fresh.....they aren't fresh now, lol

and it is all in the tune... I know as the car sits right now there is power to be gained, I can smell it idling and see it at WOT... its rich

it was a fairly rich tune before, but was manageable, however once I put longtubes on it, which are going to richen up any car, it made it that much worse... it went from needing a more aggressive tune to begging for a more aggressive tune
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Teching In

I agree.

My 06 with an email tune on the first pull made 309/321. Then a bit of tweaking on the air/fuel and timing, and it went to the 317/339. Too bad I couldn't have got it down to about 3200 race weight on slicks.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Teching In

I just dont see the point in having it retuned, adding the intake, throttle body, etc. and having it retuned again... so until then, i'm going to hold out... running rich sucks because you know there is power tobe gained that is being burnt up as excess fuel, but its better to be running rich than lean
Old 06-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Teching In

anyone going to Jake's(Moulton) for the race this weekend? figure my dad and I will go to spectate, last time I went to a race there, it was some white knuckle racing and was one of the best i've been too

I remember Stacks dominating 10.5
Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Anybody else hear about that black 3 valve gt outrunning a new ss at 247 last night?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Teching In

on DRs no less.. lol(though I did run him down after his initial jump)...

I know my tires are shot(2.2 60'!) and don't need a reminder, lol

and if anything, it just reminds me how bad North Alabama really is, from consistent 2.0s to 2.2s in 5 days, lol

that actually not even the fast pass on the night, though my best was still only 8.45, but apparently that was one of the few of the slips that went airborne out my car on 157 that night with the windows down because it wasn't in the console when I got the rest of them out of the car...

either way, its not 8.80s or a 2.2 60', lol... which I'm not saying my car is "fast" or anything... its on shot stock tires, has headers as the only mod that is an actual power gainer, and a bad tune that was on the car before the headers... the same things i've been saying BEFORE last night, lol

because Moulton actually has this thing known as track prep, even on a bad set of tires, you can find traction up there... you can carry DRs to North Alabama, and still turn 1.8-1.9s... and because its ****, it definitely favors DR cars, which is not a knock on DR cars, that is my fault for not having them, and i'm not one to make excuses... I got beat but rather than whine, or bitch about it.. it is what it is

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; 06-08-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like someone needs to buy some drag radials instead of talking bout how crappy there tired are
Old 06-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Teching In

true that... I agree 100%... they're coming, i'm not done by any means

it does decent from 40.........ask your brother

he got his little rematch

and i'm pretty sure other than exhaust his car is relatively stock, or at least I hope it is... so some may see it as me "picking on" a slower car... but hey, i'm not the one who said he "beat me" the 1st time... because there was no doubt the 2nd, and i'll leave it at that, its just amazing how things can change when the other person knows a race is taking place

like I said, i'm not one to dodge the facts, I couldn't get off the line last night and he beat me in the 1/8th... would he beat me in the 1/4? of course not, he got a car and a half head start and we finished with my nose on his door and pulling... from 40? absolutely not... had nothing to do with power, weight, or any of that... is a matter of traction, he who can't get off the line, has a hard time winning a 660' race

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; 06-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

First off it bone stock second off I never mentioned anything about y'all little race or whatever. The point was Everytime you post about a time you ran or a race you ran its this big three or four paragraph post about what it would run if it had good tires or a tune how about get the tires or get a retune or jus stfu until you do
Old 06-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Teching In

actually you did mention the 1st race, I never mentioned the rematch until today because I don't see a need to run and post every time a race goes down... win or lose

and no "bone stock" lt1 sounds like that, though it did get thrashed like one

you'll never see me get on here and say "my car is fast".. its not, at best its a mid 8 second car right now, even on DRs and with more bolt-ons/retuned it MIGHT hit the 7s, still not "fast" by any means...

the problem most of all of you seem to have is you take this **** WAY too serious, I don't... I lose races, I win races... if its a fair race with all things equal and I lose, so be it... i'm not going to boast and I don't cry when I lose...

if I had of bought a car to build a drag car, I probably wouldn't have started with a 3800lb car when I could have gotten a 3300lb 300whp car for a 1/3rd of the money... so just sayin'

I'm all for my car sounding good and even running decent... its not there yet, it'll probably never be 'fast' but it'll sound good and look good going down the track, lol

and that is the reason I did headers 1st, because the true gains will come, but I got the sound from the day they went on

with this car, I have no desire in owning a track stripped, no interior, can't get in it and drive it 300 miles to the beach without overheating car... bolt-ons, tuned, DRs and maybe a little suspension work, all i'm really looking for until its paid off and i'm making better money

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; 06-08-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Apparently your not grasping the point off my post but I'm not goin to argue with you ive said what I wanted to say
Old 06-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Teching In

from what i've seen i'm one of the few that will actually post timeslips, for good or bad, why? because i'm not trying to impress or be ashamed of anything, I run my car for the love of running... i'm the only person who has put a car on the track in the last month... and when I go to North Alabama, you'll find no X on my window

and I just said all I want to say
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

nobody has to put there timeslip on here because thers always someone there that can vouch for you if you get douts.i see your point on not building a drag car,ive had drag cars not my thing either I like driving my cars.on the dr I would suggest hoosiers cause they hook like a wrinkel wall slick,they dont last long though.you should put a 150 shot on your car and have some fun with people.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

i was there last night and i saw the big race(saw it twice actually)first time camaro jumped the light second was real close.not to rip on the cars that was running but i was unimpressed with the new camaro only beating the black lt1 t/a by 3 tenths and the new 5.0 and charger's times wasn't nothing to write home about.with what we read about these new cars they're suppose to be so much faster than the lt's and ls1's and they are faster but not fast enough for me to rush out to get one.bud with the new camaro(don't remember the screen name)i thought you done fine considering the stang ways less and had better tires.did anyone else think it was funny seeing the charger get beat buy the old camaro?i'd had to ask"dude does that thing got a hemi?oh couldn't tell looking out my mirror."
Old 06-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Teching In

^ that TA is my buddy andy's car(or actually his mom's car, lol, he has a 2-V Bullit GT but its getting body work on it right now), its a '99 LS1, he ran 9.1s pretty much all night... used to go 8.8s there last year, even when his car isn't down he drives it a lot... he won't admit it, but its faster than his bullit, lol... the only Lt1 that ran was some young dude from Russellville in the red Trans Am who's name I can never remember.. it ran mid-9s all night... the Charger was a disappointment, but was to be expected... its SRT8 or bust with those car, they can't even outrun the LS1 GTOs, lol

and the second race against Nicky, if it had of been 665' he would have lost, lol

I haven't ever ran good there, my best time ever even when the tires weren't shot is 8.60s, and that was before the headers and after the tune...

Andy and Nicky were the only two cars I ran, I wasn't even planning on running but Andy talked me into it, and then Nicky wanted to run

win or lose, no one can ever accuse me of dodging a race

honestly, a LS1 and a stock 5th gen is a DAMN good race, from a roll its whoever gets the jump, but honestly from a dig the edge goes to the 5th gen...

don't worry I STILL tell everyone a LS1 f-body is where its at... go buy you a 5th gen, go buy you a brand new 5.0... and dollar for dollar and mod for mod, watch your **** get packed

my brother has a pretty much stock 4l60e Trans Am with a built transmission, a stall, and a lid... and on street tires at North Alabama, he'll leave the light in a smoke show and STILL run 8.40s... and the car isn't even tuned...

he doesn't post here much and drives his car less, but it will do it.. i have no doubt in my mind with a tune and tires it'd be getting close to the 7s and he hasn't turned a bolt on the engine, now the stock 10 bolt might say screw you, but it won't be the engine that lets him down

you all probably haven't seen his car in YEARS:

it used to roam the streets though and you all might remember the tag:

I know for a fact Townsend probably remembers the car... and it MIGHT see 30 miles miles a month now...

he'll get back serious with it one day and with his bankroll, it'll be on... i'm just trying to get there

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; 06-09-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^I raced that car driving to Northwest Shoals years ago

Quick Reply: Northwest Alabama