Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Lafayette Louisiana Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 304 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun ELESS-ONE
Sounds like we got a project to do...
Now we just have to figure a date when we can both be in town
Old 02-12-2015, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CoreyD
Now we just have to figure a date when we can both be in town
Thats gonna be the hard part
Old 02-14-2015, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys. Me chevyman coreyd and jduty are hitting up no problem Wednesday night for test and tune if anyone wants to join in. We can have a fair amount of lstech guys there and meet some of y'all from the area.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:07 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey guys. Me chevyman coreyd and jduty are hitting up no problem Wednesday night for test and tune if anyone wants to join in. We can have a fair amount of lstech guys there and meet some of y'all from the area.
I'll still be offshore till next Tuesday
Old 02-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be attending Saturday's points race with a couple other cars hopefully. Wish I could make the Wednesday.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

That may be a possibility...
Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Outthahole
That may be a possibility...
Sweet. We are leaving thibodaux at 5:30. Just look for a white ss, black trans am, black z28 or mbm trans am.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Well guys the track will be closed Wednesday night. We may be going Friday night. We will keep Yall posted.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chevyman1968
Well guys the track will be closed Wednesday night. We may be going Friday night. We will keep Yall posted.
Well that sux! Y'all keep me in mind next time but this is my weekend to work unfortuneatly.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Any of you guys ever deal with ragin' racin'? I gave them a call earlier to see if they could give me a second opinion on my oil leak, as I'm not 100% positive that my leak is coming from the gasket. But anyway, after I told the guy I had a Trans Am he went on a small rant about how he doesn't like f-bodies and how he wont work on them. I realize they're more of a vette shop but I cant say I was expecting that haha
Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Any of you guys ever deal with ragin' racin'? I gave them a call earlier to see if they could give me a second opinion on my oil leak, as I'm not 100% positive that my leak is coming from the gasket. But anyway, after I told the guy I had a Trans Am he went on a small rant about how he doesn't like f-bodies and how he wont work on them. I realize they're more of a vette shop but I cant say I was expecting that haha
Hmm. That's odd. Was it Randy you talked to? Cause he's actually a REALLY good dude. Very helpful.

I can't say the same for Lethal. At all
Old 02-20-2015, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Hmm. That's odd. Was it Randy you talked to? Cause he's actually a REALLY good dude. Very helpful.

I can't say the same for Lethal. At all
It might have been, I forgot what he said his name was, but he had a thick cajun accent. I guess he just reallly doesn't like working on f-bodies.

I actually haven't heard anything about Lethal. I forget they exist sometimes.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:30 AM
The Scammer Hammer

I forget they exist sometimes.
And when you call them, and the receptionist says they'll call you back, they'll forget about you too.

That's a true story.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
And when you call them, and the receptionist says they'll call you back, they'll forget about you too.

That's a true story.
I don't get why shops do that. I've had that happen a couple times too where I would call and leave my info, only to never hear from them again.

I guess they don't want my business haha
Old 02-21-2015, 08:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

That's disheartening to hear if it's correct, I was gonna look those guys up for future builds. I've been missing in action, but to answer yours and Dr.Whighams questions from a while back, my car and my brothers car were at Futrals. I went and grabbed the car to have it painted back in November. Now it's the painter that's screwing me over, can't catch a break! I didn't know about EPS, would I be wrong to have Geoff tune the car instead in Futrals?

Last edited by BlackedOut LS1; 02-21-2015 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-22-2015, 07:46 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by BlackedOut LS1
That's disheartening to hear if it's correct, I was gonna look those guys up for future builds. I've been missing in action, but to answer yours and Dr.Whighams questions from a while back, my car and my brothers car were at Futrals. I went and grabbed the car to have it painted back in November. Now it's the painter that's screwing me over, can't catch a break! I didn't know about EPS, would I be wrong to have Geoff tune the car instead in Futrals?
That's completely up to you. I've had Geoff tune 3 different cars. My old Camaro SS twice, my Corvette, and the wife's Escalade. Not a single damn complaint. Geoff takes the time to really explain everything to you and make you feel IMPORTANT, which to me is very important.

As for Lethal, I can only speak to my own personal experience. It's not like I drive a ****** hooptie. I wasn't impressed by showing up several times and just being completely blown off and feeling like they didn't have "time" to even talk to me.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackedOut LS1
I've never been to Futral, so I don't have any personal experience with them, but I can say that I have never heard or read anything negative about them. But I did do a lot of searching forums when I was looking to get my car tuned and it almost comes down to preference, and you cant go wrong with either.

That being said, I have seen more posts in general about how good of a tuner Geoff is, so that's where I took my car. He came in on his day off just to tune my car, and he really was a nice guy, and you can tell he knows what he's doing.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Charley over there is a good guy, my thing is I dropped my car off January 27 2014. They didn't touch the car until July, by that time I spent a little money on other things didn't realize my crank, rods and pistons were shot. Any time between February and May I could've replaced at least the rods and Pistons with forged pieces. I mean Charley gave me a good price on the stock replacements so it wasn't that bad, but up until December they still hadn't contacted Phil at AI about my connecting rods. I told Charley I didn't appreciate the shop putting other guys before me, bc that had to be what was going on. I believe the work will be top notch, and I purchased pretty good stuff. The only negatives I read on the site was another guy complaining about the time it took for a build, and maybe a bad tune. But that wasn't enough to keep me away from a shop that seemed to do stellar work. I still don't know who Allen Futral is though as many times as I've been there.

Last edited by BlackedOut LS1; 02-23-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 02-23-2015, 02:47 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Yeah I recant my last statement. I did hear about that, about keeping cars forever and a few bad tunes.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chevyman1968
Yall end up going to the track?

Quick Reply: Lafayette Louisiana Thread