Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

High Performance Pontiac Magaizine- POCI Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Performance Pontiac Magazine- POCI Shootout

HPP Magazine in conjunction with Year One, POCI and DAPA are putting on another Pavement Pounder Shootout. This time we are in Commerce, Georgia on Wednesday, July 13. This is the day before the POCI drag-race on Thursday, July 14 and part of the overall POCI Nationals experience.

Entry rules and forms can be found at:
http://www.palmettopontiacs.com/ and www.dapa.org.

If you haven't heard of the Pavement Pounder Series, essentially 18-20 cars get the use of a track (Atlanta Dragway) for a day of racing where your car will be photographed and put in the magazine. The cars involved will be both Classic and late-model Pontiacs and I need help to recruit fast late model Firebirds and GTO's.

Regards,
Randy Allen

Last edited by ACPromotions; 05-10-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Teching In

TTT, See the forced induction forum as those guys are filling out the applications and invading your territory! Come on Southeast, we know the Florida and Georgia markets have some great F-bodies, so get in those applications. Call me at 972-898-0055 if you have any questions.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ACPromotions
TTT, See the forced induction forum as those guys are filling out the applications and invading your territory! Come on Southeast, we know the Florida and Georgia markets have some great F-bodies, so get in those applications. Call me at 972-898-0055 if you have any questions.

I have a 9sec thirdgen Trans Am WS6. I would love to attend. If you a big enough e-mail acount I can e-mail you a video of the car.. here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails High Performance Pontiac Magaizine- POCI Shootout-1racepicdrew.jpg  
Old 02-16-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nosfedgta
I have a 9sec thirdgen Trans Am WS6. I would love to attend. If you a big enough e-mail acount I can e-mail you a video of the car.. here is a pic

Your car should be in this Drew
Old 02-16-2005, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Your car should be in this Drew

That would be cool. I went ot the sites, but cant find any info on rules, regs, and forms..>?<
Old 02-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Drew, on the Palmetto Chapters website there is a section called Pontiac Pavement Pounders. Under that to the right are the forms. If you can't download them, send me an e-mail at acpromotions@verizon.net and request the forms and I will e-mail them from home tonight. Videos aren't necessary; anyone running 9's in a third gen goes to the hell yah section of applications when it comes in. Do you have any fast Pontiac buddies that you could recruit? How about some rivals from Florida!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
9 Second Club

Drew, on the Palmetto Chapters website there is a section called Pontiac Pavement Pounders. Under that to the right are the forms. If you can't download them, send me an e-mail at acpromotions@verizon.net and request the forms and I will e-mail them from home tonight. Videos aren't necessary; anyone running 9's in a third gen goes to the hell yah section of applications when it comes in. Do you have any fast Pontiac buddies that you could recruit? How about some rivals from Florida!

Thanx for the info. Yeah my budyy runs 10's in his ws6 I can try to get him to come along...
Old 02-18-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS! for posting this up,I would LOVE! to get in on this.I've got a couple of cars that I believe would be repesctable for this.I need to update the info,but for a idea, cars are in sig.

Tony
Old 02-18-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

How bout some Camaro love?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Teching In

TTT, The forms are up at www.dapa.org. The entry deadline is June 13. Please take a few minutes and fill out the application. The Shootouts are always a highlight of the year for the racers that attend. Also, by tomorrow, the highperformancpontiac.com website will have the same forms and as future shootouts are scheduled for that magazine,they will be annnounced online. If anyone has a question, the phone number that I posted is still valid.

As far as Camaro love goes, I set up one of these for GMHTP magazine in November of 2003 in Texas. I don't know if Rick has any plans to do a Shootout in his magazine in the near future or not.If one gets scheduled, either Rick or Scott will post up the details.

Now how about some late-model love; all entries received to date other than one F-body (which we already pulled out to make a feature car) are for early models. I have said it before but, this is the easiest and best way to get your car in a magazine.

Randy A.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mike's02ls1
How bout some Camaro love?
They dont love camaro's only Pontiac hence the name High Performance Pontiac
Old 05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Launching!

I'm very interested in this. My car ran 10.40s on motor this past weekend. Is this quick enough for there to be interest in having the car?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Teching In

OOBlkws6- Yes, 10.40's is certainly fast enough and exactly what we are looking for. Also, we loaded the forms up to the homepage of highperformancepontiac.com yesterday. Thanks for taking the time to apply. Your friends will wish they did when your car shows up in the magazine!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

OOBlkws6- Yes, 10.40's is certainly fast enough and exactly what we are looking for. Also, we loaded the forms up to the homepage of highperformancepontiac.com yesterday. Thanks for taking the time to apply. Your friends will wish they did when your car shows up in the magazine!
ACP, have you tried looking on the performance years board?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

I am a grandma that drives a fast car.....not sure if it would hit 10s, but low 11s for sure. (I have only been on 1/8 miles tracks so far). It is my "daily driver" when weather is good. I even go down the track with my grandchild's car seat still in it. Should I even bother to apply?
Old 05-13-2005, 09:37 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00blkws6
I'm very interested in this. My car ran 10.40s on motor this past weekend. Is this quick enough for there to be interest in having the car?
Well! My car ran 11.14s@ 120mph on motor at the same race. I would like to be a part of this also. I'll be rolling with 00blkws6, we both run out of the same shop, RPM. Thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Lady RedHawk, please apply as fast Grandmas always jump to the top of the application list. 11's are fine as we would like a good variety of late model combinations.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Why do all the fun activities happen when im either working or going on vacation, my parents are taking me on a cruise for my 21st birthday from july 10-16th
Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Nate, I have been to the PY board but honestly George Reeves, Floyd Hand and Jeff Ianitello handle most of the Classic Pontiac recruitment for the Shootouts. George will be part of the group that travels to Georgia to put this on. Mr. Wagonmaster Ianitello from Atlanta should be able to find both early and late models since his shop works on both. If he has to drive out to the hotspots in Atlanta and cuff a few folks so we get a large enough late-model contingent, well so be it. I know it will all work out and it should be a great event.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Wow sounds really exciting but my car is barely in the 12's, I will probably spectate tho.....
Attached Thumbnails High Performance Pontiac Magaizine- POCI Shootout-blackbird-deals-gap-001-skewed.jpg