Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

SilverBulletSS picks on the wrong C5.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
That sounds like a great Idea! You guys should come down to Commerce Friday night and settle this on the 1/4 mile.
What is there to settle? He raced me and got beat.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
What is there to settle? He raced me and got beat.

I don't know. Just trying to make an excuse to meet yall I guess
Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

All anyone does in this section is name calling and the bs what not.

BOTTOM LINE: A race is a race and a win is a win. The end.

It don't matter if you race from 100 or give a 5 second jump. If you want to race then race...if you dont, then dont. Quit all the name calling and excuse making. This is like the first day in kindergarden with sailors kids. Grow the **** up!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope to be there fri night. Hey Jon, what other car did u run that night? I haven't seen him before!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Like i said before, the race is done, so lets all get along!?!?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by yellow03cobra
Like i said before, the race is done, so lets all get along!?!?
My thoughts exactly
Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
I hope to be there fri night. Hey Jon, what other car did u run that night? I haven't seen him before!
He prolly wont get online again. So I guess I will tell you. It was a 2004 GT with KB supercharger. I don't know anything else about it. We raced a few times. The GT def pulled Jon out of the hole but when we did a faster roll Jon put some space between the two. It was kinda curvy, so, everytime we raced whether it be the GT or Jon as soon as there was a winner, we had to stop or slow down. Atleast thats how I saw it. Jon says he barely pulled the GT up top, but to me he was really able to use the setup once he was in 2nd or third gear. First gear was a joke!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

What color was It?
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Well......in all fairness, Jon made it sound like he smoked David real bad, but others saw it differently. After Jon gets his ride all fixed up, they should try it again with unbiased witnesses, like either a timeslip or video would do. But just my .02s
TECH Regular

Until Jon gets tires and a clutch, people who want to race from a stop only are just looking for an easy kill. Not a real challenge. The GT raced both and was cool about everything. It was bad *** and pulled like a freight train(did i spell freight right?).
Old 03-21-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Crazy Man
What color was It?
Black...
Old 03-21-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
Well......in all fairness, Jon made it sound like he smoked David real bad, but others saw it differently. After Jon gets his ride all fixed up, they should try it again with unbiased witnesses, like either a timeslip or video would do. But just my .02s
Seriously, this is all my fault. I didn't want to go to Patton that night. I wasn't feeling well. So Jon didn't bring the camera. Then after dinner and some TV I decided I felt ok enough to go. So we went. We were going up there to take a few laps then come back, we ran into that GT and then on the way home we ran into David. We normally have the damn thing with us. This is my fault. I'm sorry everybody
Old 03-21-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by ws6speedemon
Seriously, this is all my fault. I didn't want to go to Patton that night. I wasn't feeling well. So Jon didn't bring the camera. Then after dinner and some TV I decided I felt ok enough to go. So we went. We were going up there to take a few laps then come back, we ran into that GT and then on the way home we ran into David. We normally have the damn thing with us. This is my fault. I'm sorry everybody
LOL really, nothing personal.... lol I have raced people I know well and to me it looked different than what they say after the race. And I know they believe what they are saying as well. And that has gone both ways, when I thought I won and when I thought I lost. But, of course that was with a "close" race, not an obvious one. Really, it is just the thrill of the race to me, and the closer the better, win or lose.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Oh cool. I was trying to figure out who that was in the mustang. I talked to a guy one night up there that had the same thing but it wasn't that fast. I wonder if it was the same guy? He also said he was going to do some more stuff to it. He was cool.

Last edited by 00SS4780; 03-21-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

Oh cool. I was trying to figure out who that was in the mustang. I talked to a guy one night up there that had the same thing but it wasn't that fast. I wonder if it was the same guy? He also said he was going to do some more stuff to it. He was cool.
Maybe it was. I mean, up top the GT had no chance. But down low, LMAO, Jon had no chance!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Cool. It might have been. The guy had just put a KB on it and it was a stock GT. It was a black and with the 03/04 headlights.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Cool. It might have been. The guy had just put a KB on it and it was a stock GT. It was a black and with the 03/04 headlights.
Hey if you come out to play this weekend, BRING UR GIRL WITH U DAMMIT!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Ok we will see. I'll tell her.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
I don't need to get my ride all fixed up. I run it no matter what. As long as there is no problem that is dangerous, I'll run. I always do and everyone knows that. I don't care how much power I'm losing, how early I have to shift, how easy I have to shift or any of that crap. I run anyway. How many of you would race someone having to shift 1k rpm before normal because you are waiting to get a problem straightened out? Probably not many. But I do. I don't give a green goddamn if I lose. I have nothing to prove to anyone and I don't give a **** who is faster than me or slower than me. I built my car the way I did to have fun, mission accomplished. David can smoke me off the line, lets get off that. I could care less. He didn't beat me from a roll, and again, I could care less. There will always be different stories as long as there are different views and angles, thats just how it works. Just go ahead and say it was close, I don't care. His car runs really well. I'm not going to make stupid sexual comments about his girl either, thats just childish **** for people who don't know what else to say. I don't feel like driving to the dragstrip, I run on the street. I'm not putting slicks on my car and beating the **** out of the driveline by launching it either. When your paying for your own ****, you try not to break it, or at least thats how I feel. I don't care about any of this crap, I just started this thread because he did the same thing to my brother. I just figured I'd see how he likes it. Anyway, if it just means so much to you to beat me in a race, just go ahead and say you won. Just say you beat me by 10+ carlengths, that should be good.