Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Rod Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rod Run

Leaving out tommarow after work. Gonna have a blast, cant wait. Any body else out there going saturday or sunday?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Have fun David! Man your car is hauling!!! That was a killer run tonight! Makes my car feel like a stock car now.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm goin. Leaving tomarrow after I leave work and staying till sun. You takin your car?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Ill probly be there sun yall give me a ring....
Old 04-15-2005, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

can't you come sat. There isn't too much left on sun. You need to be there sat. Now thats fun.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

We will prob. be coming over sometime this weekend....not sure if we will go tonight or wait until in the morning.....not sure if we can find a room at this late date for tonight.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, we're going!! We were suppose to tint a house this afternoon....but, we put it off until next week. lol We were able to get a room for tonight and tomorrow night at the Ramada Limited-Music Road Area. So we are out of here!!!

Oh, I will have my laptop for anyone needing tuning. Will give a discount for this weekend!

Last edited by Lady Redhawk; 04-15-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

We'll be there for sure.... some of our friends are staying out there but we're going to drive up there Sat. See ya'll out there!! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend
Old 04-15-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
can't you come sat. There isn't too much left on sun. You need to be there sat. Now thats fun.
Im going camping sat night wish I could come sat but ill have fun in the woods lol yall stay in trouble have fun I may be there sun
Old 04-15-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Crazy Man
Im going camping sat night wish I could come sat but ill have fun in the woods lol yall stay in trouble have fun I may be there sun
There is camping in Pigeon Forge too you know....lol You ought to go too, Tim., we will miss ya if you aren't there......
Old 04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where are ya'll goin?

Greenfire
Old 04-17-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Greenfire
Where are ya'll goin?
Greenfire
Hey, we had a great time! Stacy, it is a huge car show that takes up the whole town of Pigeon Forge, TN. So many cars it took us four hours to go less than 3 miles cruising. But it was fun. We won an impromptu burn out contest on the street lol And I understand David did too. Hundreds and hundreds of Hot Rods there, all shapes and sizes it was neat! My car got lots of complements, they all seemed to LOVE the sound of it. lol
Old 04-17-2005, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
Hey, we had a great time! Stacy, it is a huge car show that takes up the whole town of Pigeon Forge, TN. So many cars it took us four hours to go less than 3 miles cruising. But it was fun. We won an impromptu burn out contest on the street lol And I understand David did too. Hundreds and hundreds of Hot Rods there, all shapes and sizes it was neat! My car got lots of complements, they all seemed to LOVE the sound of it. lol
well i know tire sales will be up in the south east for the next week or two.
I had a blast, wish you guys could have stayed a little closer to where we were. the best part was after we all burn out the cops couldnt get to us for all the cars so they started driving down the oppsite side of the road the half on the side walk. then went around checking everbodys tires. i also got a tip from some drunk dude. now i guess i will get me some mickey thompsons. Three burn outs and now i have metal showing.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

LOL...I had a great time. Great weather and alot of cars. I was good and kept mine parked under the shade tree. No tire's for me. Nice to see everyone out. I even got to offers from people to tune my car. I guess they were told how slow it is! LOL...
Old 04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

LOL...I had a great time. Great weather and alot of cars. I was good and kept mine parked under the shade tree. No tire's for me. Nice to see everyone out. I even got to offers from people to tune my car. I guess they were told how slow it is! LOL...
lol Yeah, that's how I could find you, I looked for the only tree in Pigeon Forge and there you were. lol
Old 04-17-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Yeh, I was there last time and loved the shade. Logan had a place to play in the rocks and no sun burn's either. Glad no one got into trouble with the law.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Yeh, I was there last time and loved the shade. Logan had a place to play in the rocks and no sun burn's either. Glad no one got into trouble with the law.
Yeah, we might do a little more parking next time too. We got "stuck" last night. We had been going south and tried to go back the other way, went into the forest section between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and tried to head back to Pigeon Forge. Took us 4 hours to get back to our Hotel, traffic was at a stand still, we got back at 2am. lol at one point we tried a "short cut". Remember this one thing.....when in the mountains and there is a warning sign that says "Winding narrow road ahead" TURN AROUND NOW!!! They were NOT kidding, the road was paved but it was a one lane road with mountain on one side and straight down on the other side, we were going along fine when we meet this truck coming at us head on. NO way to pass! He was too big to back up the mountain, we had to back down and around this mountain in the dark. I was skeered! Not a good area either, was expecting to find someone's moonshine and their shotgun at any moment. I have never been so glad to get back to stop, stop and might go traffic in my life!!! lol
Old 04-17-2005, 07:12 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Just got home and had a great time but the traffic suxs. I drove for 2 hrs to go 2.5 miles. I got 1.4 mpg in traffic.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2bseen
Just got home and had a great time but the traffic suxs. I drove for 2 hrs to go 2.5 miles. I got 1.4 mpg in traffic.
lol Yeah that's another thing. We went 16 miles on 1/2 tank of gas.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

00SS4780 it was good seeing you again.wish i could have meet some of the other members from here.i was parked in front of food city with several f-bodys and a slammed elcamino.hope to see yall at the fall rod run.were always parked there or the exxon.

Quick Reply: Rod Run