Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

J'ville

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J'ville

Well, I need a tune and I have heard of Creech at CAM. Is there any other good places to go near jacksonville? 00 ss Thanks.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

I would strongly suggest doing your research on Jeff Creech. I know there are a select few who have said they have received a great tune from him. But I've seen a ton of people extremely unsatisfied. A lot of "horror" stories from driving out to his shop, putting it on the dyno, him claiming something mechanical is wrong and not being able to tune it to it's full potential. He says he will make it "driveable" for you to get back home. When they get back either there was nothing wrong with the car and he just couldn't tune it for some reason or it was something minor that could've been fixed on the spot and he said it was something more serious like the cam was off, transmission is messing up, etc. Most got back and took it to another shop with no problems getting it tuned. But they were out of the original price they paid Creech. I'm not saying you'll get screwed if you go to him. But there are very, very few people I've seen that are actually happy with his tuning abilities.

Here is a link to get you started. Make sure whoever you decide to go with you do make sure they know what they are doing. When my car was tuned I was told if I was unhappy with anything, even just where it idled, I could bring it back for free to change anything. And I have with no problems.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ht=jeff+creech
Old 01-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info. I will do more research.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

I had my car tuned by him. Will I ever go back. NO.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

I have not had any problems at all with him . We have 6 cars in our group all tuned by Jeff , we all had great results . As with anything else on these forums , all too often you will hear what people are doing wrong , not often enough will they tell you what they are doing right .......
Old 02-03-2006, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Im one of those 6. Never had a problem with his abilities and was always very helpful. I cant complain with my numbers, especially with an outdated LT1
Old 02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

I am another of the 6 that blown ss speaks of, creech took his time and worked and worked and worked untill he got the full potential out of my cam tune. people only want to stress the bad, never the good. If he was so "bad" why would clubs from across the u.s.a fly him out for a weekend, have him tune their cars, and then fly him back hear to NC?? why?? because he is good at what he does. the folks hear that are complainers are the one that wanted ungodly numbers from their cars and had wayyy to high of expectations, then were disappointed. trust me, creech will get you every bit of power and driveability out of one of his tunes.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

I've had my car tuned by Creech several times and he will tune my car for the turbo in the next few weeks.

I give thumbs up to Creech.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Just had a friend get back from RPM with awesome results.

I have heard good and bad things about Jeff. Just do plenty of research and then pick the one you are more comfortable with.

You may also try giving Jeff and RPM a call and talk to each and see what they tell you.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Jeff Creech is very good at tuning cars, I never said anything concerning his knowledge. I just question his business ethics as a whole. But thats another story.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stalker WS6
Just had a friend get back from RPM with awesome results.

I have heard good and bad things about Jeff. Just do plenty of research and then pick the one you are more comfortable with.

You may also try giving Jeff and RPM a call and talk to each and see what they tell you.
Websites? Phone numbers?

I'm interested in getting some work done on my car, but I'm hesitant about it since I know the way most businesses are in Marine towns.

By the way, where do all the f-body guys hang out in Jacksonville? I'm up in Cherry Point, but it'd be nice to see a few other f-body guys.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Wiggins Racing and Performance out of Vanceboro is pretty good! He does top notch work and his prices beat any major shops. He is a true LS1 guy through and through. He doesn't do tuning yet though because he doesn't have a dyno yet. Here is his info

WIGGINS RACING and PERFORMANCE
252-670-7706 or willyfastz@earthlink.net

The guys in J'Ville hang out at Jersey Mikes Subs on Saturday nights around 7:00pm. They also go to the track quite often in Jacksonville. Try this website

http://www.dragslips.com/jville/
Old 02-05-2006, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1z28chris2
Websites? Phone numbers?

I'm interested in getting some work done on my car, but I'm hesitant about it since I know the way most businesses are in Marine towns.

By the way, where do all the f-body guys hang out in Jacksonville? I'm up in Cherry Point, but it'd be nice to see a few other f-body guys.
Do you have the white z with the hockey stripes??? I live right down the road from Cherry Point, about 15 minutes. Like Corey said we meet across from the Red Lobster in J-ville but its more like 5 pm now cause it gets dark so quick

***** does excellent work. He fixed my blown head gasket and warped heads and I don't trust just any shop. Also Jimmy's Auto in J-ville will treat you good too.

When you due back Corey
Old 02-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wicked_95z
Do you have the white z with the hockey stripes??? I live right down the road from Cherry Point, about 15 minutes. Like Corey said we meet across from the Red Lobster in J-ville but its more like 5 pm now cause it gets dark so quick

***** does excellent work. He fixed my blown head gasket and warped heads and I don't trust just any shop. Also Jimmy's Auto in J-ville will treat you good too.

When you due back Corey
Negative, that is not my car. I know which one you're talking about, though. Black halo lights? Red (I think) hockey stripes? He parks in the parking lot in front of the station library.

I was down in Jacksonville last weekend visiting a buddy over at New River, and I saw a couple f-bodies out there. Didn't know that was the "official" hangout spot. lol Is it a safe distance from where the ricers hang out?

If you saw my car, you probably didn't take too much notice. LS1tech won't let me post up my usual sig (too many characters), but here it is:
2000 Camaro Z28 Silver
Performance: SLP Loudmouth; Whisper carbon fiber look air lid; NGK spark plugs; Brembo blank front rotors; PBR front pads; HPS rear pads; !FRA; 2 Kuhmo Ecsta MX Tires 275/40/17 and
2 Kuhmo Ecsta MX Tires 295/35/18 (in garage awaiting installation).
Appearance: Black billet grille; carbon fiber look "Camaro" rear inserts; NR Auto white face gauges; removed Z28 emblems; 2 Chrome Z06 Motorsports 17 x 9.5 and 2 Chrome Z06 Motorsports 18 x 10.5 (in garage awaiting installation).
Suspension: G2 Super Springs; BMR adjustable PHB; BMR LCA relocation brackets and BMR LCAs (in the mail).
Audio: Alpine SPS-170As in front doors; power antenna (in mail).

Wiggins Racing and Performance out of Vanceboro is pretty good! He does top notch work and his prices beat any major shops. He is a true LS1 guy through and through. He doesn't do tuning yet though because he doesn't have a dyno yet. Here is his info

WIGGINS RACING and PERFORMANCE
252-670-7706 or willyfastz@earthlink.net

The guys in J'Ville hang out at Jersey Mikes Subs on Saturday nights around 7:00pm. They also go to the track quite often in Jacksonville. Try this website

http://www.dragslips.com/jville/
Damn, Vanceboro isn't that far away from Cherry Point. I just looked it up on Google Earth and it looks like it is just past New Bern up 70. I'll probably give him a call or shoot him an email.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

You get the occasional brave ricer but they are few and far between. And yeah last I knew the ricer hangout was across town
Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1z28chris2
Websites? Phone numbers?

919-661-RWHP(7947)

ryansperformance.com
Old 02-08-2006, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Another vote for William if you need work done. He did some work for me when I broke a valve. And will most likely be helping me when I install heads and change my cam.

I'd recommend RPM for some tuning.

Donnie
Old 02-08-2006, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

william is a great guy done some work for me as well, always top notch. And I've only heard good things about RPM.

Quick Reply: J'ville