Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Someone close to East Tennessee with HP tuners, EFI Live, or some sort of software..

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone close to East Tennessee with HP tuners, EFI Live, or some sort of software..

I'm looking for someone local to help me delete some Codes out of my computer, I'll pay you or help you with your car or whatever. I'm needing the rear O2's deleted, the EGR and AIR deleted too. I'll buy a case of beer If somebody could give me a hand with this I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks,

Mike

Knoxville, TN
Old 12-06-2006, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you cant find anyone local, feel free to take a drive down here. We will be glad to help you out.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How much would you charge just to delete these codes and do a basic street tune on my car? I just installed a Patriot cam two weeks ago so i need to get this car tuned, it's running a little rich. BTW, I talked with you at the F-body gathering this past year too, wish I could've won that free cam ya'll was giving away! Ha ha, thanks and let me know. How far down in Georgia are ya'll?? Thanks again,

Mike
Old 12-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

intune motorsports in charleston tennessee is not to far from you. he does the work on my car and i am very happy with it. he uses HPtuners. 423-336-5850. exit 33 off I-75
Old 01-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Mike,
Try Jeff Nance At Speed Engineeting And Dyno Tune In Decatur Tn. He's The Best In The Southeast And He's Just Down The Road. He Worked On My Car.

Tom
Farragut, Tn,
Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TOMTOM
Mike,
Try Jeff Nance At Speed Engineeting And Dyno Tune In Decatur Tn.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY!!!! He has ripped off several local people. He does not even show up at any local events any more because he has made so many enemies. If you want to verify my comments, go to http://www.streetcarforums.com/forum....php?forumid=7 and do a search on Speed Engineering, Spindoctor, or Jeff Nance.

He has charged people for a custom tune in the past and ended up using a Superchips tuner to tune their car. He even try to charge a friend of mine 2000.00 for a tune, when the car would not even idle on its own, he had only tuned for WOT. I worked for him for a little while, and when it came time to pay me, he tried to tell me I did not work as much as I had logged, yet he was not even there most of the time to see for himself. I have another friend that has been waiting for going on 4 years now, for Jeff to settle up with him on work that he did for Jeff. He is very good at manipulating people and talking people into trusting him, so be careful.

I highly recommend you look for feedback before you go to anyone. In the past, I did have Scott at Intune also delete some codes for me before I got HP tuners. You can also do a search at that same site and check his reputation.

Kevin
Old 01-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Teching In

I Don't Know What's Going On Between Blown408 And Jeff At Speed Engineering But Jeff Nance Did Outstanding Work On My 02 Camaro Ss.
I Got Very Good References On His Work. Jeff Has Mechanical Engineering Degree From The University Of Tennessee And Has Been Working On And Tuning Gm Efi Cars For The Last Ten Years. For My Money He's The Best In The Southeast.

Tom Pfeifer
Farragut, Tn.

Last edited by TOMTOM; 01-05-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR ERROR
Old 01-06-2007, 01:33 AM
12 Second Club

READ

Any thing posted in this thread by me is not true. This has all been posted by the owner of speed engineering under my name. I am in no way associated with speed engineering and I would NOT take my car there. The owner will screw over even his best freinds like he did me.

Last edited by Eric Hawkins; 02-25-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Eric Hawkins
I think it is interesting how the percentage of haters and the percentage of customers in the Accounts Receivable file are so similiar.

The people doing the manipulating are the ones willing to befriend someone to get certain shop favors, then not paying their bill once trusted to do so.

Kevin, About your work at SE, you broke the original agreement and tried to substitute your own version, If half the work you performed not had to be re done, you just might have gotten away with it.

I would suggest you get the facts, and stop the libel.
You are starting to sound like Jeff with the way you word things. I am glad things are working out for you there, but I know several others that will back me up that there work was not done as promised.

I would like to know more about this:

"The people doing the manipulating are the ones willing to befriend someone to get certain shop favors, then not paying their bill once trusted to do so.

Kevin, About your work at SE, you broke the original agreement and tried to substitute your own version, If half the work you performed not had to be re done, you just might have gotten away with it."

My agreement with Jeff was to help him so I could learn, not to be stuck up there working on things by myself trying to figure stuff out that he could not figure out and gave up on. He was not up there half of the time I was there. I kept a log of my time, noted any breaks I took, and stayed busy the whole time I was there. When it came time for him to pay up, he wanted to short me saying I did not work all the times I had written down. I am an honest person, so I made sure I was accurate in my logs, then he tried to manipulate me, by saying he did not think I worked all the time I had written down. It would have been different if he had been there and said that he saw me sitting around not doing anything, but I was sure to cover my butt so there were no questions in the end.

I am not sure what work had to be re-done that I did, not at that time anyway, so do not try to say that is why he did not want to pay me what I was due.

So he may have some regular customers, that is good. I would open a shop too if all I had to do was install parts. It is knowing that I do not have the all the know how to troubleshoot some problems if they come up that keep me from opening one. Jeff does not know that. I was really disappointed in his ability to find problems, that is when I realized how good he was at making people "think" he knew what he was doing. He may know about how to tune if everything goes smooth, but he would be in trouble he actually had to go in and find something that was wrong.

People he has screwed:
Big Jeff: Telling him he sold him a "custom cam" when all it ended up being was a Hotcam.
Me: Trying to tell me I did not work as much as I did. Telling me the cam that we put in my car was a 224/224 .601 lift @112 when in fact it was a 220/228 .604/.611 @112
Joey: Installing new fuel pumps without asking him, because he "thought" that was the problem, it ended up being a fuel relay. He got charged for the pumps he did not need.
Joe: 2000.00 for a tune that would not idle or run right.
Val: posting her car on his website as a "customer's car" though he has never touched it.
Elisha: Putting a cam in here car without asking her so he could try to race "her" car to promote his shop, then making her pay for it. She was so proud to have the "400 RWHP all stock internal Speed Engineering record" and he blew that to **** when he did not ask her to do this.
Can't rememeber the guy's name, but Jeff tuned his car with a SuperChips tuner because he did not have LS1Edit, when he said he did.
Doug: There was something about an intake with his car. It seems like he tried to charge him with installing a new LS6 intake when it was used.
Wes: He still has not paid Wes for any of the work he did 4 years ago. He keeps telling him that he is working on it, but I would have to see the results to believe that.

I am sure there are some that I am forgetting. Before you have to say it, the ones that you will reply back that Jeff did not do anything without anyone's permission was the ones that I asked him "do they know you are doing this" and he said "no"

I am also curious as to what "shop favors" I could have got in return? The only favor I got was getting screwed without him using vasoline.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

BTW this is not the same Speed Engineering that is a paying sponsor of LS1Tech
Old 01-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Teching In

This will be my last post on this thread but my in personal integrity has been questioned. I also owe it to Jeff since I'm the one who brought him in to it.

Speed Engineering was originally recommended to me by the president of Patriot Performance, Rainbow Ala.. Speed Engineering has also been voted by readers of Corvette Fever magazine most trusted shop in Tennessee 2004,2005, and 2006.

Now who are you going to believe a bitter, fired employee or

1) My dyno sheet and time slip (available on request)
2) All the people who gave me glowing recommendations on Speed Engineering
3) The hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers
4) The Universty of Tennessee
5) The president of Patriot Performance
6) All the readers of Corvette Fever magazine

Tom Pfeifer
Farragut, Tn.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

I gave him a link to find out for himself. If he likes playing the odds then that is his decision.

BTW, I would recommend a shop that sells my product too.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Originally Posted by Blown408
You are starting to sound like Jeff with the way you word things. I am glad things are working out for you there, but I know several others that will back me up that there work was not done as promised.

I would like to know more about this:

"The people doing the manipulating are the ones willing to befriend someone to get certain shop favors, then not paying their bill once trusted to do so.

Kevin, About your work at SE, you broke the original agreement and tried to substitute your own version, If half the work you performed not had to be re done, you just might have gotten away with it."

My agreement with Jeff was to help him so I could learn, not to be stuck up there working on things by myself trying to figure stuff out that he could not figure out and gave up on. He was not up there half of the time I was there. I kept a log of my time, noted any breaks I took, and stayed busy the whole time I was there. When it came time for him to pay up, he wanted to short me saying I did not work all the times I had written down. I am an honest person, so I made sure I was accurate in my logs, then he tried to manipulate me, by saying he did not think I worked all the time I had written down. It would have been different if he had been there and said that he saw me sitting around not doing anything, but I was sure to cover my butt so there were no questions in the end.

I am not sure what work had to be re-done that I did, not at that time anyway, so do not try to say that is why he did not want to pay me what I was due.

So he may have some regular customers, that is good. I would open a shop too if all I had to do was install parts. It is knowing that I do not have the all the know how to troubleshoot some problems if they come up that keep me from opening one. Jeff does not know that. I was really disappointed in his ability to find problems, that is when I realized how good he was at making people "think" he knew what he was doing. He may know about how to tune if everything goes smooth, but he would be in trouble he actually had to go in and find something that was wrong.

People he has screwed:
Big Jeff: Telling him he sold him a "custom cam" when all it ended up being was a Hotcam.
Me: Trying to tell me I did not work as much as I did. Telling me the cam that we put in my car was a 224/224 .601 lift @112 when in fact it was a 220/228 .604/.611 @112
Joey: Installing new fuel pumps without asking him, because he "thought" that was the problem, it ended up being a fuel relay. He got charged for the pumps he did not need.
Joe: 2000.00 for a tune that would not idle or run right.
Val: posting her car on his website as a "customer's car" though he has never touched it.
Elisha: Putting a cam in here car without asking her so he could try to race "her" car to promote his shop, then making her pay for it. She was so proud to have the "400 RWHP all stock internal Speed Engineering record" and he blew that to **** when he did not ask her to do this.
Can't rememeber the guy's name, but Jeff tuned his car with a SuperChips tuner because he did not have LS1Edit, when he said he did.
Doug: There was something about an intake with his car. It seems like he tried to charge him with installing a new LS6 intake when it was used.
Wes: He still has not paid Wes for any of the work he did 4 years ago. He keeps telling him that he is working on it, but I would have to see the results to believe that.

I am sure there are some that I am forgetting. Before you have to say it, the ones that you will reply back that Jeff did not do anything without anyone's permission was the ones that I asked him "do they know you are doing this" and he said "no"

I am also curious as to what "shop favors" I could have got in return? The only favor I got was getting screwed without him using vasoline.

the list goes on and on and on,ya..........i took my car to him although MANY people told me not to, i guess that is my fault but, when he put on my ls6 intake i reset my trip odometer to 0, when i pick it up it is at 132 miles! i ask him about this and he says the car never left the shop. humm.....doesn't add up. then he tried to say the lastt 100 i paid him didnt go through and to send him another check even after the check cleared. he also screwed mark, and robert

doug
Old 01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Default Response

People he has screwed:
Kevin,

I never said or felt that I was "screwed" by Jeff @ Speed Engineering! I have been working with Jeff/Speed Engineering since 2002 and have no problem with him or his shop. I am still a customer of Speed Engineering. And I am COMPLETELY happy with the performance of my car and my dealings with Jeff/Speed Engineering.

Don't include me in your "shop" bashing, if I have a problem with anyone I can speak for myself.

Elesha
Old 01-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Teching In

People he has screwed:
Kevin,
This is big Jeff, I dont remember my password so I am posting under Elesha`s user name.

I have known Jeff Nance longer than most on the net, even before Speed Engineering was a speed shop. Any disagreements Jeff and I had was at the time, agravated by people lying and bashing what everyone at Jeffs shop was trying to do with Elesha`s car @ the first dyno day. There was even a guy up there that told Jeff I told him I did all the work on her car and could replicate Jeffs X package cheaper than Jeff was advertising his for. This made me look less than trustworthy in Jeffs mind, so he felt like I didn`t need the specs on his cam. At the time I wasnt aware of what he had been told and didnt understand the secracy of the cam and was upset. I understand now this is common practice with a lot of shops. Jeff and I have since talked and are working on putting this in the past.
All that being said, My car is running well " with the hoodoo voodoo cam" and I just want to enjoy my car this season.
The original question was about tuning and Jeff is really a good tuner.
I really dont want to be involved in any shop bashing in the future as this is how these guys make their living.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by "X" rated
Kevin,

I never said or felt that I was "screwed" by Jeff @ Speed Engineering! I have been working with Jeff/Speed Engineering since 2002 and have no problem with him or his shop. I am still a customer of Speed Engineering. And I am COMPLETELY happy with the performance of my car and my dealings with Jeff/Speed Engineering.

Don't include me in your "shop" bashing, if I have a problem with anyone I can speak for myself.

Elesha
I felt like you were being taken advantage of, sorry that is my fault. Like I said, I know you were ecstatic about your car hitting 400 RWHP with stock internals. You kept talking about someone doing a magazine story about it and you wanted to keep it the way it was until the story was done. When Jeff told me to put the cam in your car, I was surprised and asked him about it. He said you did not know. I asked him if you were going to have to pay for it and he said yes. Sorry, but in my book that is wrong to do something without someone's knowledge, and make them pay for it. That is completely up to you if you want to deal that way, but I was just voicing my experience.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by "X" rated
Kevin,
This is big Jeff, I dont remember my password so I am posting under Elesha`s user name.

I have known Jeff Nance longer than most on the net, even before Speed Engineering was a speed shop. Any disagreements Jeff and I had was at the time, agravated by people lying and bashing what everyone at Jeffs shop was trying to do with Elesha`s car @ the first dyno day. There was even a guy up there that told Jeff I told him I did all the work on her car and could replicate Jeffs X package cheaper than Jeff was advertising his for. This made me look less than trustworthy in Jeffs mind, so he felt like I didn`t need the specs on his cam. At the time I wasnt aware of what he had been told and didnt understand the secracy of the cam and was upset. I understand now this is common practice with a lot of shops. Jeff and I have since talked and are working on putting this in the past.
All that being said, My car is running well " with the hoodoo voodoo cam" and I just want to enjoy my car this season.
The original question was about tuning and Jeff is really a good tuner.
I really dont want to be involved in any shop bashing in the future as this is how these guys make their living.
I am glad you go things worked out.

He did the same thing with me when he plain out lied about my cam specs, so I am sure this is a common practice. I just thought the original poster would like to know about his shady business practices. I told him where to go to check for himself, it wasn't until someone that had no personal involvement in the situation at the time tried to twist things around (or just believe what he was told) that I decided to back up my claims. At the time, you did feel like you were betrayed (as you told me) so that is why I referenced your experience with Jeff.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Teching In

I am glad you go things worked out.

He did the same thing with me when he plain out lied about my cam specs, so I am sure this is a common practice. I just thought the original poster would like to know about his shady business practices. I told him where to go to check for himself, it wasn't until someone that had no personal involvement in the situation at the time tried to twist things around (or just believe what he was told) that I decided to back up my claims. At the time, you did feel like you were betrayed (as you told me) so that is why I referenced your experience with Jeff.
I didnt mean that lying was a common practice. I talked to a lot of people about the situation and found out that other shops sells their shop cams" whether it is a special proprietary or just a plain off the shelf cam and works well with a combo they came up with." and call it their own.
I have a friend who ordered a turbo specific cam from Bennet and his cam came in this fashion, and he knew it.
Thats where I came up with the common practice statement.
You are kind of like me in the sense that you want to be in the know about all aspects of your car.
The only advice I can give about cam purchases is dont pay for a cam unless it has a cam card from the cam manufacturer if you require all the info.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=Blown408]
Joey: Installing new fuel pumps without asking him, because he "thought" QUOTE]

Man, I got fucked WAYYYY more than just over some relays.

This will be my last post on this thread but my in personal integrity has been questioned. I also owe it to Jeff since I'm the one who brought him in to it.

Speed Engineering was originally recommended to me by the president of Patriot Performance, Rainbow Ala.. Speed Engineering has also been voted by readers of Corvette Fever magazine most trusted shop in Tennessee 2004,2005, and 2006.

Tom Pfeifer
Farragut, Tn.

Tom, Not sure why your swingin' on the spindoctor's nuts, but you'll get fucked sooner or later, and then you'll beleive the people that have spent tens and thousands of dolars with this guy only to get fucked left, right, and sideways.

And For Elisha, Jeff Ledford, and Eric Hawkins; dont tell me to include/not include you guys into "Shop Bashing."

I was a big fan of Speed Engineering long before I ever met Scott Bowen or even heard of Intune. But you can only get ****'ed so many times before you realize you need to take your business elsewhere. I gave Jeff a fair chance, even after everyone was bashing him, and defended Jeff with barely anyone else would, and look how he treated me as a customer and a friend?

Guys, Please listen to Kevin and Doug and STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP !!!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Tom Pfeifer
Farragut, Tn.
I'll believe the bitter, "fired" employee.

1) I'm sure your dyno sheet is right on the spot and I'm sure your high 6 second/low 7 second motor pass in the 1/8th was on "stock internals"/X-package with just tuning and not a sweet set of heads.
2) Never talked to one of those people in the years I lived in Chatty.
3) Never seen one of those either.
4)They can only teach so much.
5) Good company tryin to help a brotha out?
6) What is this magazine you speak of?

Quick Reply: Someone close to East Tennessee with HP tuners, EFI Live, or some sort of software..