Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

LT1 Engine Installation needed in Charlotte, NC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Engine Installation needed in Charlotte, NC!!!

I had everything lined up, took my car and parts and motor to this shop in monroe, said they would install it for $840.00, price was good checked their record-clean no complaints. they call me this morning and say they cant do it, its out of their league. they dont have the equipment to drop the cradle out the bottom.

ANYBODY KNOW A REPUTABLE SHOP OR PERSON THAT COULD HELP ME IN NC/SC?

as of right now my options are
F-Body Motorsports (i'll have to wait 6 months) or
Extreme Mustangs (name speaks for itself, its a mustang shop but the guy does camaro's too i guess)

**** this sucks, dumbasses ahhhh im so pissed
Old 12-28-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

give nick williams shop a call
704 658 2302
Old 12-29-2006, 09:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call 704-968-0811.

His name is george. and he can definately handle it! Tell him Tim sent ya! he can have that baby in there and running in a day(trust me i've seen it with my own eyes)

Make sure you get him to take you for a ride in his "street car" too~!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

LT1MAN, I tried to send you a pm, but your box is full.

If you have the room and tools ( I also have plenty I could bring) to do this I could help you. I did a LT-1 install in my 95 Camaro when I first bought it. The origional one was blown. Now I've got my BBC in there. If so let me know. I wouldn't charge much to come help you out. We could probably have you up and running in a day if you've got everything ready to go. I live about 20-30 minutes from Charlotte. Theres no reason to pay that kind of money and have a lone wait as well.

Chris
Old 12-29-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They swap is easier than you think. U can have the entire assembly dropped from the bottom in 1 hr-1 1/2hr....Dont belive the hype that you need a lift and an engine cradle, I do it with 2 floor jacks and some jack stands. The first swap I ever did, I pulled the LT1 from the top and that was a big mistake/ waste of time I will never do again. Once you do it you will be amazed at how simple it really is.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

You don't have to drop it out of the bottom. Honestly, I have done mine out of the top and it is not hard at all. I took all the accessories off and pulled it out of the top in a few hours. Less headache IMHO than out of the bottom anyway. Out of their league??? Sounds like some pretty shitty mechanics at that shop.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried sending a pm, but your box is full.

Anyway, we could get the engine if for you. We've done plenty of engine swaps on f-bodies and I can beat the other guys price too. We're about 1-1.5 hours north of Charlotte straight up I-77.

Our number is 336-783-0003 www.tickperformance.com
Old 01-02-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

i really appreciate all you folks trying to help me out here. i was just about to contact tick performance when my local performance shop called and matched a good price another company gave me. they are going to install the engine/ swap all accessories/ break in/ and dynotune for $900. and they are right around the corner from my house so i can swing by and clean the engine bay when they get the motor out of the car. thanks again!
aaron

Quick Reply: LT1 Engine Installation needed in Charlotte, NC!!!