Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Does Any One In Va Know A Good Tune Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Any One In Va Know A Good Tune Shop

I Live In Gloucester Va And Was Just Wondering If Any Body Knows Where I Can Get A Custom Tune. I Just Had New Headers, Catback, And 373 Rear End Installed. Now I Need To Get To Error Codes Deleted And Car Tune. Any Help From Locals Would Help. I Checked With The Sponser Page And There Does Not Seem To Be Any In Our Area.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Teching In

I'd like to know too. I'm on the other side of the state and the only places I know of are around Bristol, TN which is pretty much out of the question for you. But it would be nice to be able to have it done somewhere reasonably close.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moonshine_mike
I'd like to know too. I'm on the other side of the state and the only places I know of are around Bristol, TN which is pretty much out of the question for you. But it would be nice to be able to have it done somewhere reasonably close.
Where in SWVA are you located? I don't know of any place in Bristol that does custom tunes, I got my car tuned in Charlette N.C, but that shop is closed now. There is another shop opened now in Mooresville N.C that does tunes, I think.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Teching In

I'm in Giles county about 1/2 an hour from Blacksburg. I'm thinking about doing full exhaust this spring and maybe a few other small things. It would be nice to be able to get the most out of it and maybe some fuel mileage. There are quite a few shops in the Bristol area and I assume there has to be one can do a custom tune. Charlotte's not that bad of a drive either, but it would be great if someone within an hour could do it.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moonshine_mike
I'm in Giles county about 1/2 an hour from Blacksburg. I'm thinking about doing full exhaust this spring and maybe a few other small things. It would be nice to be able to get the most out of it and maybe some fuel mileage. There are quite a few shops in the Bristol area and I assume there has to be one can do a custom tune. Charlotte's not that bad of a drive either, but it would be great if someone within an hour could do it.
What shops in Bristol are you refering to, the only two shops that I remember doing work on LS1s, besides dealerships where Redline Performance and Ride Revalutions which are both shut down now.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Don't know any shops in particular, but remember hearing it from some people I talked at the dragstrip last summer.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You going to have to travel for a tune being in that part of VA. Jeff at Carolina Auto Masters is the man for any kind of tune. www.carolinaautomasters.com

Try him its worth the trip.

tasilver, for you its about a 3 hr trip to Jeff's, you won't be disapointed.
moonshine, thats gonna be a trip for you.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Greenfire
You going to have to travel for a tune being in that part of VA. Jeff at Carolina Auto Masters is the man for any kind of tune. www.carolinaautomasters.com

Try him its worth the trip.

tasilver, for you its about a 3 hr trip to Jeff's, you won't be disapointed.
moonshine, thats gonna be a trip for you.
I have heard of nothing but good things about them except you have to go to Durham. What a crappy city and don't hire any strippers while your there.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your gonna make a trip for a tune in NC your best bet is Nick Williams at Williams Performance in Mooresville, NC. Guy does top notch work and won't give you a 30 min tune and send you on your way. PM if you would like his shops number
Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Teching In

That's sweet! I didn't know Nick Williams was in Mooresville that's only about 2 1/2 hours the normal way maybe even a hair under 2 if I haul ***. Thanks for the info fastmatt98.