Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

So I went Charger shopping the other day....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I went Charger shopping the other day....

with my old man. Before anyone flames him, he wants a 4 door sedan rear wheel drive with a V8 between $28-32k. There are no other options at this time and he likes the looks of the Charger over the 300c.

With that being said, man do I have to share what happened. First of all we went to a dealership in High Point, NC that had about 8 '06 R/T's and and about that many '07 R/T's. They also had about 15 or so in their back lot that was fenced off. We pull up and they have so much inventory in their lot that we can hardly get off the road and park in their lot.

So before we can get out of our car, we get jumped by a salesman. It was evident very early he was new there and didn't know the products too well. He was nice but the poor kid just lacked knowledge of the product and didn't know how to keep quiet.

So we look around for a few minutes and no matter which Charger we look at, his favorite comment is "man that is a nice car." He probably said that 10 or more times.

So we notice a white '06 R/T in the back with all the options my old man is interested in. We are eyeing it over and I ask "is it unlocked". The guy says no and just stands there. Normally, human nature would say, I better go get some keys for these guys. After a few moments my old man ask if he can get them. The guys said, "I don't know if I can get it" WTF. My old man said, "what these don't have keys?"

So he goes to get the keys and we are looking it over. Here are some of the saleman's talking points and I am not making any of this up:
-"it has an upgraded belt, it is better"
-"you see that lining under the hood, if the engine catches fire it will cover it up and put the fire out"
-"that is the tilt steering wheel"
-"you see that red button, you push it when your driving in snow" it was the hazzard button.
- I ask how reliable they have been. "oh they have been very reliable"

It has a sale price and we know tax, tags, doc and all that crap aren't included. The guy keeps telling us that they are practiacally giving the '06 models away. So he ask us to go inside so we can see what kind of deal we can get off their sale price.

After about 10 minutes of him fumbling on the computer, he leaves and comes back with a piece of paper with the sale price without the tax and add ons. He stumbles and tell us that we must sign it and really made no sense at all. We start to get pissed and tell him we are not gonna sign it and to get us an Out the Door price.

After 5 more minutes he moves away from his "borrowed" office and finally has a price. Guess what, it is the same price as the sticker outside and then the tax, tags, doc and government fee. Government fee?????? He told us "that is a fee the government collects". I am not joking.

Needless to say, our time was totally wasted. Probably like yours after reading this thread. Just thought I would share.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

I used to sell cars. I was one of the best. (promoted to manager)

I got a good laugh at your story because... I can see it happening.
.......... ..... .....
Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

uh.......why would you go shopping for a Charger?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats what happens when u walk on dodge lot
Old 01-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hunterdawgs
uh.......why would you go shopping for a Charger?
I guess reading comprehension wasn't one of your strongest skills in school.

In other words, you didn't read the begining of my post.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice avatar
Old 01-16-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TKO52
thats what happens when u walk on dodge lot
ya or 75% of the dealerships of ANY make, lol

thats crazy, ive had a kid try to sell me a 350z once at a nissan place (yes, i was at a nissan place, and no not because i wanted one)... he told me that he takes some of the 350's back to a park and rec area on his breaks and does burnouts and donuts, racing, etc etc. I noticed that every one that i looked at had perfectly new tires (there were only like 7 there)... but i didnt care if he was lieing or not. I just told the guy "sooo you are telling me this to impress me of what? how bad you rag out the cars you are selling or how bad *** of a driver you are?"
Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
Nice avatar

Thanks....but if you think that is nice...check out what I can do at another forum.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129340

Quick Reply: So I went Charger shopping the other day....