Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Mechanic/Machine Shop in Shreveport Bossier

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic/Machine Shop in Shreveport Bossier

My 455 needs some top end work and Im looking to take her to a good machine/repair shop in Shreveport or Bossier.

Anyone know of any good reputable shops around?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Ellis piston ring on the north side of downtown shreveport. and Hagedorns machine shop on W.70th street. have heard good things about both of them.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Thanx..Ill have to have her towed because I dont wanna drive with the engine making these noises.

Sounds like rod knock or valve clattering.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i know hagedorns does full repairs and has a complete rebuild shop in house. but call ellis too, they have been there forever and have a great reputation
Old 04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

Just don't take it to Automotive Machine Shop in Bossier . Nightmare city if you take it there . Many , many horror stories have come out of that shop over the years.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
Just don't take it to Automotive Machine Shop in Bossier . Nightmare city if you take it there . Many , many horror stories have come out of that shop over the years.
Wow you know whats crazy..I just came from there..I pulled up to the place..sat in my car for 5 minutes then pulled off! Something just told me not to go in!

I went to C&C,Ellis and called Hadgedorns.

Ellis wont remove the motor, and quoted me $1600 for a full rebuild!
C&C seem like pretty compotent guys thier floor was loaded with muscle cars being worked on.

Hadgedorns quoted me $1200 for a top end work and $2400 for a full rebuild.

Im praying that its just the passenger side valvetrain!

Surprisingly One of the mechanics at C&C lives a couple houses around the corner from me and said hell be coming over at 7PM to check out and listen to the car.

Last edited by kevamg; 04-21-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

ams is were i would take it
in bossier city
Old 04-21-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kevamg
Wow you know whats crazy..I just came from there..I pulled up to the place..sat in my car for 5 minutes then pulled off! Something just told me not to go in!

I went to C&C,Ellis and called Hadgedorns.

Ellis wont remove the motor, and quoted me $1600 for a full rebuild!
C&C seem like pretty compotent guys thier floor was loaded with muscle cars being worked on.

Hadgedorns quoted me $1200 for a top end work and $2400 for a full rebuild.

Im praying that its just the passenger side valvetrain!

Surprisingly One of the mechanics at C&C lives a couple houses around the corner from me and said hell be coming over at 7PM to check out and listen to the car.

Id stay away from C & C. I wouldnt let them lay a hand on my car.

Originally Posted by camaroboy869592
ams is were i would take it
in bossier city
As stated above, AMS racing aka Automotive Machine Shop is full of dumbasses also. They may have the best equipment from here to Dallas but nobody knows how to use it
Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Are we talking about the same AMS on E Texas St??
Across the street from the rim and tire shop?
The shop with the desiel engine display out front??
Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned

That's right my brother . Stay as far away as you can from that place .AMS is Automotive Machine Shop . Back when the ole man was runnin the place it wasn't too bad. But not now , not ever . Check with Joey at Competition Automotive .
Hadgedorn's believe it or not is capable of good work . The engine they built for my 5.0 stang came back with NO oil pressure . Took them a month to get it back to me but that ****** ran strong till I traded for my Z/28 Vert . I think they had to ask somebody to come out to their shop and fix my engine cause no one there was familiar with AFR heads and other race stuff . But like I said , who ever it was who fixed their ****-up did a hell of a job . Check with Delaney's Real Estate , Thay have a guy named Mark whose pretty sharp also Brad out at B&M Racing in Bossier .
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Brad out at B&M Racing in Bossier .
Yea, he's great if you can get a hold of him and you are in no hurry at all Lol, I've been waiting on him to call me back for 2 years about doing a cage for me
Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

I thought B&M closed down
Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Teching In

That's right my brother . Stay as far away as you can from that place .AMS is Automotive Machine Shop . Back when the ole man was runnin the place it wasn't too bad. But not now , not ever . Check with Joey at Competition Automotive .
Hadgedorn's believe it or not is capable of good work . The engine they built for my 5.0 stang came back with NO oil pressure . Took them a month to get it back to me but that ****** ran strong till I traded for my Z/28 Vert . I think they had to ask somebody to come out to their shop and fix my engine cause no one there was familiar with AFR heads and other race stuff . But like I said , who ever it was who fixed their ****-up did a hell of a job . Check with Delaney's Real Estate , Thay have a guy named Mark whose pretty sharp also Brad out at B&M Racing in Bossier .
Good info, will do!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

b&m did close down but brad is doing work on the side but he is lucky to be alive all the people he has fucked out of money. WIll never touch any of my **** or anyone I know for that matter. Like I said he is very lucky to still be breathing for some of the people he screwed out of ALOT ALOT ALOT of money.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
b&m did close down but brad is doing work on the side but he is lucky to be alive all the people he has fucked out of money. WIll never touch any of my **** or anyone I know for that matter. Like I said he is very lucky to still be breathing for some of the people he screwed out of ALOT ALOT ALOT of money.
Wow! I really need to look into who I trust with my money and my car!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

just take it to pts racing in dixie inn near minden, he did my dirt car motor, my dads blown 383, and 440 for use and he promises his motor for so many miles and i can back it up, he builds 90% of the dirt motors near north west la. never seen one blow, and remember this is red line racing in DIRT!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
I heard that also. We took my old 73 RS to B&M to be back halved and it sat there for almost a year before it was ever touched. Yea, when we got it back the work was awesome but damn he was slow. Guess Gary and Stephen were overloaded trying to do all the work by themselves

Quick Reply: Mechanic/Machine Shop in Shreveport Bossier