Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody down for hooters tonight?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
anybody down for hooters tonight?
I gotta work overtime tonight. Sucks too, from the mods in your sig I def wanted to check out your car. The other guys were wondering if you were gonna show last night.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

man i would go but i only get 1 night a week to go do my "car thing"...lol....the wife would not let me go out again tonight....plus i need to save money anyways....i'll be out next friday though so hopefully we can meet up then....

it was awesome meeting all you guys last night....nice to finally put a face to the name...we'll have to do it more often....maybe head to the track eventually as well...
Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
Hey, it was nice to meet everybody last night. I will come back next weekend if everybody wants to meet up. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat or something at hooters or wherever. Craig, again man, thanks for the ride. Wheww!!! I said a few prayers to myself while I was in the passenger seat, it's a sick car for sure. I will not be riding in that with turbo power, you're nuts. Ron, I like you're car. I will gladly park next to you anytime! Outlawz, I responded to your post and asked you about a exhaust. Cancer, love the V, you have one hell of a clean ride. Sorry you had to ride, I looked around and you were pulling off. Soundeds sick under WOT, not a whole lotta rasp. That corsa sounds good!
No problem, it was nice to put a face to the sigs. I was thinking we should go to Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, Ga. at least once a month. It's about a 40 min drive from Columbus. What do you guys think? I'm always down to hit the track!

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier
man i would go but i only get 1 night a week to go do my "car thing"...lol....the wife would not let me go out again tonight....
What he said, the wiffy won't let me get away with two nights in a row.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got my clamps and fitting from jegs today.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

guys WOW i gotta say im not being some bullshitter but i can really feel a difference running an x pipe the torque is a little noticeable might i add.... NEXT FRIDAY FOR SURE. grease monkey we should do a run i want to see how off my car is being that i actually need a tune asap i want to see how off it is
Old 07-17-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha more good news, my drive shaft is shorter than should be so im going to see if wolf muffler will hook me up with some extra length on the DS. and does anybody have an adjustable torque arm they want to see or no how to set pinion angel on stock torque arms
Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, sounds like you all had a good time. wish i coulda been there....
Old 07-18-2010, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
guys WOW i gotta say im not being some bullshitter but i can really feel a difference running an x pipe the torque is a little noticeable might i add.... NEXT FRIDAY FOR SURE. grease monkey we should do a run i want to see how off my car is being that i actually need a tune asap i want to see how off it is

haha...why do you wanna run me? pick on someone your own size, lol nah man...i'm slow....you'd just be wasting your time running me...plus i need a tune as well.....you should see if 2slow2flurry-ous wants to run....his car is a lot faster than mine...lol

i mean...i'll run with ya if you really want to though....
Old 07-18-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im not trying to pick on you mang, lol im just seeing how off my tune is. i had a buddy back home cam only and we'r run really close so im trying to see how off it is now with my gears and x pipe
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got 1 more thing done. I will need to go to the skills shop to do my ds safety loop, exhuast clamps, and pinion angle. Waiting on my brake fluid and finishing this wiring up. Going to start on the front springs tomorrow night hopefully.

Craig, I have to go to Texas next month for awhile. I want to get this thing running and tuned n/a. I need to borrow 2 of your small jack stands to do the front springs. Might pull them off and do them in your garage one day after work so I can use the impact. I want to set the line lock and waste some money.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Craig, sent you a pm on a hp tuners set up I saw for sale...
Old 07-18-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
Hey, it was nice to meet everybody last night. I will come back next weekend if everybody wants to meet up. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat or something at hooters or wherever. Craig, again man, thanks for the ride. Wheww!!! I said a few prayers to myself while I was in the passenger seat, it's a sick car for sure. I will not be riding in that with turbo power, you're nuts. Ron, I like you're car. I will gladly park next to you anytime! Outlawz, I responded to your post and asked you about a exhaust. Cancer, love the V, you have one hell of a clean ride. Sorry you had to ride, I looked around and you were pulling off. Soundeds sick under WOT, not a whole lotta rasp. That corsa sounds good!
Indeed It was nice to meet everybody and bs for a bit. Sorry I had to bounce but the wifey was telling me times up! haha Thanks for the exhaust compliment but it is a B&B.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zz17iroc
No problem, it was nice to put a face to the sigs. I was thinking we should go to Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, Ga. at least once a month. It's about a 40 min drive from Columbus. What do you guys think? I'm always down to hit the track!
That sounds like a cool idea.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

what are you going to be doing in texas sheik? how long you gonna be gone?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Teching In

I got run off the road yesterday and hit a guard rail tweaking the right front rad support, shifting it to the left. I was hit on the left side damaging the entire left side witch sent me straight into the guard rail damaging the right front completely and the right rear quarter. I'm pretty sure the frame is bent because driving back to the house the car was pulling hard to the left. The engine is fine, tranny is fine. I might be buying a 92 Z28 hard from a guy in Gwinnett, Ga. for $5500. The car is in mint shape. All I can say is WOW!!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

damn.....that sucks dude! i'm sorry to hear it...really...that really blows...insurance is covering it right?

Last edited by greasemonkeysoldier; 07-19-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier
damn.....that sucks dude! i'm sorry to hear it...really...that really blows...insurance is covering it right?
Won't know until USAA finishes the investigation. The police officer gave me a warning ticket for improper lane change and she hit my car causing me to hit the guard rail. It's all good I'm going to Gwinnett, Ga to test drive a 92 Z28 hardtop tomorrow and if all is good the check should be in the mail next week.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn craig. nevermind the car, are you ok man?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zz17iroc
I got run off the road yesterday and hit a guard rail tweaking the right front rad support, shifting it to the left. I was hit on the left side damaging the entire left side witch sent me straight into the guard rail damaging the right front completely and the right rear quarter. I'm pretty sure the frame is bent because driving back to the house the car was pulling hard to the left. The engine is fine, tranny is fine. I might be buying a 92 Z28 hard from a guy in Gwinnett, Ga. for $5500. The car is in mint shape. All I can say is WOW!!
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!! Who ran you off the road??!!

Just give me a address.

Man, that sucks. Did it jack up your ZR1's? Just gonna swap everything over???

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA