Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wein77
greasemonkeysoldier...... Just make sure that you have a locking gas cap... When I lived in WA, someone put some stuff in my gas tank, since my 76 Firebird was really loud for them..
That sucks. I don't think this is that kind of neighborhood, but I will look into it anyways just in case. I'm actually thinking of just taking my wife's TBSS to PT in the mornings just so I won't be "that guy with the loud car" so early in the morning, lol.

Originally Posted by Z51C6
I don't get by here much since I don't have a car anymore.
Is your wife's TBSS black by chance? I think I have seen you around. I've seen 2 black and 1 white TBSS on post.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Grease, are you going to be ready to pull out by 5:30pm on friday to go to reynolds?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where are you guys getting your cars tuned/dynoed?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JCK Racing!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

I got my oil sending unit today and finished putting the intake back in. Took her for a test drive and definately need to get something on my headers. The idle is all funky. running anywhere between 1000-1500 rpms. if the idle was lower rpms i would almost say it sounds like a nice cam, lol. i'm hoping its just the O2 sensors though and not something else. Also, i'm not sure if its just me but the car feels slower now. i think it might just be the slow "buzz" and rattling thats going on in the inside of the car, lol, makes it seems like it's going slower than it is. I guess we'll find out on Friday.

and on a side note. my door locks are acting funny. they both unlock just fine using the door unlock switch. but they only lock when you hit the switch every so often. I found this out because i was trying to reprogram my key fob (which didn't work btw). When i cycle the ignition the drivers door locks and unlocks the but passenger door just stays locked but makes the "click" sound. I'm pretty sure the fact that my key fob won't program is because the passenger door lock isn't unlocking like its supposed to when i cycle the ignition. but i'm not sure. any input?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Is your wife's TBSS black by chance? I think I have seen you around. I've seen 2 black and 1 white TBSS on post.[/QUOTE]

its black and kind of loud.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

with a cowl hood? what kind of exhaust does it have? i just did the muffler delete on my wife's TBSS.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier
with a cowl hood? what kind of exhaust does it have? i just did the muffler delete on my wife's TBSS.
Is your Z white by any chance?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Just a stock hood. replaced the stock muffler with a 36" chambered pipe. Like what is used on the chambered exhaust GMMG sell's.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

We never go out on post. We live over by the airport,about 3 blocks from the ballfield.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, looks like ford isn't messing around with this new 5.0 or v6 for that matter. There should defianantly be a steady supply of mustang challengers now. Weather tonight at 1 am was 65 degrees, great horsepower weather. CancerJCC, I have hptuners and will be working on my tune, along with help from zz17iroc. Your best bet is to work something out with him. I have been to a shop that is up the road and was not happy with the tune. You can't work on a previous tune and be done in under 5 minutes. Keep in mind that I paid full price too. Grease, if it feels sluggish down low, once you get the y on there, tune, and good exhaust you will be alot happier.

Last edited by sheikss; 03-31-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, I saved the maf tables for the LPE 100mm maf fi someone needs them in the future.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Yes sir it is....have you seen it around? lol I went cruising on veterans park a couple of times...you might have seen it then maybe?

Originally Posted by Z51C6
We never go out on post. We live over by the airport,about 3 blocks from the ballfield.
I guess I haven't seen you around then.

Originally Posted by sheikss
Well, looks like ford isn't messing around with this new 5.0 or v6 for that matter. There should defianantly be a steady supply of mustang challengers now. Weather tonight at 1 am was 65 degrees, great horsepower weather. CancerJCC, I have hptuners and will be working on my tune, along with help from zz17iroc. Your best bet is to work something out with him. I have been to a shop that is up the road and was not happy with the tune. You can't work on a previous tune and be done in under 5 minutes. Keep in mind that I paid full price too. Grease, if it feels sluggish down low, once you get the y on there, tune, and good exhaust you will be alot happier.
You ain't kidding....I've always kind of been a Ford guy and now with these new Mustangs i'm happy as hell. The only reason I opted for a camaro over a mustang was the power, lol. guess my next ride will be a Mustang...haha...maybe anyways. I'm kind of fond of the Taraus SHO myself although the price is outrageous.

And as for the exhaust that's what I'm thinking too. The Y with a muffler should help the low end out.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes sir it is....have you seen it around? lol I went cruising on veterans park a couple of times...you might have seen it then maybe?

I guess I haven't seen you around then.

You ain't kidding....I've always kind of been a Ford guy and now with these new Mustangs i'm happy as hell. The only reason I opted for a camaro over a mustang was the power, lol. guess my next ride will be a Mustang...haha...maybe anyways. I'm kind of fond of the Taraus SHO myself although the price is outrageous.

And as for the exhaust that's what I'm thinking too. The Y with a muffler should help the low end out.
You hit it on the head, the lack of back pressure is hurting it right now. The falcon is going to come to the u.s. again too. The aussie's have had it forever, the fpv290 version makes 388 horsepower from what I remember. They race it against the holden in the v8 supercar series. Pretty cool seeing 4 door car coming out of turns with 1 wheel in the air. The only thing that will kill the mustang is parts cost due to the modular crap. The 03-04 terminators set the bar and ford is still playing catch up. If you can get the y with a 4" out, splurge alittle and get it. You'll have room to grow then and when the noise gets old you'll be able to go out the back with it. As for the cam selection, I would push you to use a custom grind with the EPS lobes. There is a recent post about this, guy made 430 rwhp and ran 11.2 in the 1/4.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What lid did you buy? Fast toys?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Quote:
Yeah I was in a c6zo6 that I just put exhaust and cam in awhile back, Brother your z is loud lmao me and the customer where like WTF? Hpoe fully by next month Ill have gas so I can do custom exhaust and finsh these turbo kits lol. My current welder is a pos it finally went.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Buddy of mine in texas said a 2011 stang on a 100 shot went 11.5 at 123!!! Those cars are gonn be fast with mods ls and ltx guys we better step up.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Buddy of mine in texas said a 2011 stang on a 100 shot went 11.5 at 123!!! Those cars are gonn be fast with mods ls and ltx guys we better step up.
workin on it.....
Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I was in a c6zo6 that I just put exhaust and cam in awhile back, Brother your z is loud lmao me and the customer where like WTF? Hpoe fully by next month Ill have gas so I can do custom exhaust and finsh these turbo kits lol. My current welder is a pos it finally went.
LOL, that was when I was running the stock Y open. I was out on the prowl that day looking for a Mustang to pick on, lol.

Originally Posted by sheikss
What lid did you buy? Fast toys?
yeah, the fast toys lid, i ordered their ram air kit too but it's on back order, should ship out next week.

so i took my car to Autozone and then the tire shop to get my DR's put on. And man is my car running like ****. Idle surge, backfires, bogging, etc. lol I'm thinking it's just the O2 sensors since i haven't gotten the Y yet and so they're open. I checked for vaccum leaks and there was no problem there. i'm pretty sure my spark plugs are good (I haven't checked them yet...waiting to see if the Y fixes it first). but yeah, it was pretty embarassing driving on Buena Vista with open headers with my engine backfiring, lol. I got the codes checked at autozone and it was only throwing the EGR and both rear O2 codes which is obvious. nothing else though so i'm hoping it's just the open headers messing with the front O2s.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Hi all, new to the site but not to columbus, been here for about 3 and a half years but spent a majority of that Deployed. Drive a 1994 Trans am/A4 Dark teal metallic with a very few mods for now. See alot of F Bodies out and about pretty much everyday, would enjoy meeting some more cool car people. Is there a usual hangout or meeting?

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA