Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just recently PCS'd here to Ft. Benning myself. I own a Trailblazer SS and '98 Z28, I see a lot of f-body's and whatnot all around Benning and Columbus but it doesn't seem like any of them are on LS1tech except for the few of us...lol
Old 03-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Teching In

you can always see me driven from Sand Hill to Soldiers Plaza and back and forth, and live off of Warm Springs Connection
Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wein, how is the car coming? Body guy is doing some more painting on mine, ie. nose. Going to do the wire mod and relocate the fuel lines to clean up under the hood on the z. Might rerun the hood latch cable also to get rid of as many wires/cables as possible. Going to do this on the ss in columbus also when I get back.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sheikss
zz, fire, and me meet up and hangout quiet a bit. We help each other out when it comes to working on our cars
Cool I do all my work myself as well so maybe sometime I will get to meet you guys in person. (Just installed a Monster stage III clutch in the garage, what a bitch)!

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier
i just recently PCS'd here to Ft. Benning myself. I own a Trailblazer SS and '98 Z28, I see a lot of f-body's and whatnot all around Benning and Columbus but it doesn't seem like any of them are on LS1tech except for the few of us...lol
Where are you PCSing from? I love the tbss, I want my g/f to get one! I do know of a guy with a white/black vette but only met him in a passing moment (he works on ft. benning).

Originally Posted by wein77
you can always see me driven from Sand Hill to Soldiers Plaza and back and forth, and live off of Warm Springs Connection
I am actually a Reservist who was mobilized here and never left! I don't get on Ft. Benning anymore unless I have to RST but when I was there I don't remember seeing ya. What do you do? DS?

Its cool there are a few of us on here I was amazed when I saw Columbus, GA as the thread title!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CancerJCC

Its cool there are a few of us on here I was amazed when I saw Columbus, GA as the thread title!
yea.... that was a result of my boredom! lol has turned out to be one of my better decisions. made a couple really good life friends out of it.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

okay, so i got the headers installed and got everything hooked back up......but now the car won't start! it's cranking, but nothing else....any ideas?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

oh and Cancer, i'm coming from Ft. Riley, KS.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

wow....i feel like the dumbest retard......so i just went back out there and decided to double check the spark plug wires to make sure they were good....and like 3 of them weren't on there all the way.....i guess i should have double checked them when i put them on.....but she started....and she is LOUD! lol one of the neighbors car alarms went off...hahaha....and that was when it was idling....they are going to hate me at 5 am when i go to PT....lol
Old 03-27-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Karl, we are going to clean up the wires in your engine bay.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Karl, we are going to clean up the wires in your engine bay.
so is that like a word of fair warning?
Old 03-28-2010, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

so the 3" butt joint band clamps I got don't fit. I got the Walker 3" clamps and they don't fit all the way around the bullets....i'm pretty sure they won't fit around the collectors either. could it just be the brand? i don't want to buy a different set of clamps to find out they don't fit either....i think i'm going to just bite the bullet and get a TSP ORY and throw one of the mufflers on that... and just sell the other one.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by firehawk238
so is that like a word of fair warning?
It won't take but a few hours and it will be worth it once it's done.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

It won't take but a few hours and it will be worth it once it's done.
well i should have a second harness we can use to mod for a better underhood appearance. making some other changes as well, so will help us with that too......
Old 03-28-2010, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, there's actually quite a few people in Columbus on here, they just don't feel the need to post in this thread lol. There are about 5-6 more people that I can think of that are tech members and know of this thread. I had a dude that I never even knew come up and tell me that he recognized my car from my sig a while back lol. Columbus has some pretty fast f bodies and lsx swapped cars lurking around too.....
Old 03-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Teching In

SHEIK... the engine is all good, I got the whole bottom end put together, now I am just saving up for some Heads

CancerJCC... I am one of the retention NCOs over there
Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Wein, is it true 91B's have to reclass if they want to reenlist? I'm in my window which is why i ask.

So i got about halfway done with my LS6 intake swap today....broke the damn Oil Sending Unit though and had to order it from Autozone. Won't be here until Tuesday. I tried to be as gentle as I could too and it still broke...I went ahead and ordered the TSP ORY too today....figured it would be worth it in the long run. So the intake and exhaust will be good to go for this coming friday. I can't wait. hope the weather's nice.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=greasemonkeysoldier;13100859]Hey Wein, is it true 91B's have to reclass if they want to reenlist? I'm in my window which is why i ask.

I have not heard that.. But if you want to get promoted, you might want to reclass unless if you can max your points out, I am also 91B and have 750 points, that is why I am reclassing to Career Counsler so that I can finally get my SSG...

Last edited by wein77; 03-29-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by firehawk238
yea.... that was a result of my boredom! lol has turned out to be one of my better decisions. made a couple really good life friends out of it.
That is great! I have yet to meet anyone who loves cars and working on them as much as I do around here, nice to see a few ARE around. People probably just think "Why is that damn Cadillac so loud"! haha

wow....i feel like the dumbest retard......so i just went back out there and decided to double check the spark plug wires to make sure they were good....and like 3 of them weren't on there all the way.....i guess i should have double checked them when i put them on.....but she started....and she is LOUD! lol one of the neighbors car alarms went off...hahaha....and that was when it was idling....they are going to hate me at 5 am when i go to PT....lol
Too excited to get her running thats why! Always miss the easy things when you are rushing to get her goind! Glad to see you got her running and about the PT time you are right. Hope they only mutter to themselves. There was a guy when I lived at Sugar Mill that had to PUSH his Harley out the gate because it was SOO loud. (Yeah complex had enough complaints it was that or move)

Originally Posted by tj1986c
Yeah, there's actually quite a few people in Columbus on here, they just don't feel the need to post in this thread lol. There are about 5-6 more people that I can think of that are tech members and know of this thread. I had a dude that I never even knew come up and tell me that he recognized my car from my sig a while back lol. Columbus has some pretty fast f bodies and lsx swapped cars lurking around too.....
That is great to hear, I need to meet up at a show or something to meet a few of you all. (I am a LOT more active on the cadillacforums but will be around here a bit more now).

Originally Posted by wein77
CancerJCC... I am one of the retention NCOs over there
Cool. When I was on orders it was at the CRC.

so that I can finally back my SSG...
Sound like a fun guy! haha who hasn't gone backwards before?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Teching In

greasemonkeysoldier...... Just make sure that you have a locking gas cap... When I lived in WA, someone put some stuff in my gas tank, since my 76 Firebird was really loud for them..
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tj1986c

I don't get by here much since I don't have a car anymore.

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA