Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Black mail is a wonderful thing......

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike's02ls1
Thats the best thing cause if you working on their car you need you need to focus on what you are doing and not to their talking,nagging,bugging or in the end you will make a mistake. We are human and **** will happen, is when you get folks that try to tell you how to do your job.

If you want your customer's to see what is going on, then build a customer lounge with a big window so they can stare like little puppy dogs......

OR do what my shop does...Post labor rates....Labor 80.00 per hour...If you watch 125.00 per hour.....if you help 250.00 per hour!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.427
OR do what my shop does...Post labor rates....Labor 80.00 per hour...If you watch 125.00 per hour.....if you help 250.00 per hour!
Yep exactly. If you let the customer run over you then you will get screwed..
Old 07-25-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.427

I really really need to get one of those signs!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:24 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
My only point is that once a shop screws up...and then doesn't know what the problem is and suggests another full rebuild, I think it's normal to question their skills/abilities.
They didn't start this rebuild from the sound of things. It sounds to me like they are cleaning up a project another shop started. They didn't pick the rings in the car, so what else did they not do? And the whole comment about not getting your lil 383 from them was a pretty immature stab too, so don't try to take any high ground. They reacted like any honest business would. People make mistakes, at least they didn't try to deny it or not fix it. They could have easily said hey, the people who started this project messed it up but they instead offered to fix it right. So what if they wanted to re-ring it, they probably wanted to go thru the stuff that they didn't fix so when the did it, they KNEW what was done to the car, and could confidently return the car to the customer in good running order & not wondering if work done by a previous shop is going to hold up.

Perhaps you need to start turning away people that bring in half started/half assed projects to eliminate this nonsense.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a douche.

I hope because of your own dumbass actions your motor seizes up or something.

Should have let them fix it, ****.

I work in a shop I know how it goes. If you take a car to someone let them freakin do it. If you think you can do it better then ****** do it yourself, its not like they want to deal with you.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

die thread die...

lol
Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 AM
9 Second Club

Jeff look at it this was how many times have really big companies made a mistake,FORD,DODGE,CHEVY,DART,AFR,COMP,EAGLE, I belive i have seen them all though the years have recalls a bad part or two Just look at it this way you and everyone on here are human (will most of us formulaZR) and we make mistakes and if everyone on here stopped buying chevy because they made a mistake one time There would be no need for LS1TECH..........
Old 07-26-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Coy
die thread die...

lol
Old 07-26-2008, 12:50 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

My God. I gave a well known engine builder over THREE YEARS and numerous returns via a wrecker (not to mention 10's of thousands of dollars!) before I gave up on them and went elsewhere. If time would have solved my problem my car would be golden! Hell, this customer got a written invoice too! That's a real plus in my book!

Sounds like the builder offered to fix the car no matter what it took. He should have been given that opportunity. Some builders will blame the customer even when the builder is given every opportunity to fix their own **** ups. Those are the guys to stay away from.

Wow, I can't get over the written invoice part. And a promise to fix the problem. I didn't think shops did that anymore.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by grb
My God. I gave a well known engine builder over THREE YEARS and numerous returns via a wrecker (not to mention 10's of thousands of dollars!) before I gave up on them and went elsewhere. If time would have solved my problem my car would be golden! Hell, this customer got a written invoice too! That's a real plus in my book!

Sounds like the builder offered to fix the car no matter what it took. He should have been given that opportunity. Some builders will blame the customer even when the builder is given every opportunity to fix their own **** ups. Those are the guys to stay away from.

Wow, I can't get over the written invoice part. And a promise to fix the problem. I didn't think shops did that anymore.
Unfortunately....not many do!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:18 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Unfortunately for the bad guys their criminally bad work eventually catches up with them. Or maybe it is fortunate in that that they finally get caught. It's really a shame to see a once great engine builder let their business go to hell.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude I"m with Jeff on this one... I used to own my shop before I came into the Air Force. If someone took their car from my shop after I told them I'd fix a screw up, I'd jiggle my ***** at them as they were leaving...

Jeff... good on ya brotha man!! More shops should give documentation.
Tom... Shoulda let him finish... a job is not done till its done!!

Doc
Old 07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

And that's the whole point!! If you can do the job then by God do it. If you can't, say so and let the damn customer find somebody who can. Don't take somebody's money for a job you know you can't do then blame everybody but yourself when the car won't run. Those are the kind of shops that ruin our hobby.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grb
And that's the whole point!! If you can do the job then by God do it. If you can't, say so and let the damn customer find somebody who can. Don't take somebody's money for a job you know you can't do then blame everybody but yourself when the car won't run. Those are the kind of shops that ruin our hobby.
You at it again! LMAO!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
You at it again! LMAO!
He forgot to "jiggle his *****" as he was leaving!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Default One of specs builds

God Spectacle solutions sucks........Jeff your a piece of **** for me not going into the 10's....IT'S YOUR FAULT....I WANT THE MONEY FOR THE FREE HEADS YOU GAVE ME, ALL THE FREE NITROUS, AND COUNTLESS DATA LOGGING....YOU SUCK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOB07pfxYI
Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by shannon
God Spectacle solutions sucks........Jeff your a piece of **** for me not going into the 10's....IT'S YOUR FAULT....I WANT THE MONEY FOR THE FREE HEADS YOU GAVE ME, ALL THE FREE NITROUS, AND COUNTLESS DATA LOGGING....YOU SUCK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOB07pfxYI
LOL......Thanks Shannon.

Your support is much appreciated.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

dang sounds like you guys made a mistake on his motor.....

BUT were more than willing to fix it...so why not let you guys fix it....

if you take it out of the shop then oh well...
Old 08-20-2008, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Everybody makes mistakes, this guy was willing to fix it at no cost to you.. You took it to another shop. That's where I would have cut you off. Nothing bad towards either parties.. Customer chose to take it elsewhere, customer can pay out of pocket.. Good luck to both of you.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fade2blk500
Everybody makes mistakes, this guy was willing to fix it at no cost to you.. You took it to another shop. That's where I would have cut you off. Nothing bad towards either parties.. Customer chose to take it elsewhere, customer can pay out of pocket.. Good luck to both of you.
About time you came out of the woods craig!!

Quick Reply: Black mail is a wonderful thing......