Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Georgia Emissions Experts....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010 | 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Abs

Originally Posted by Damian
You could just try pulling the sensor(s) out of the rear and spraying off with some parts cleaner. I've seen them get so gummed up before that they no longer read.

That's a good question though. I'm not sure if an ABS fault will cause a failed emissions or not. My Snap-on Solus can read ABS related problems so let me know if you need some help.
what's up Josh the first thing I did was replace the left third taillight bulb that fixed the ABS.

then a couple weeks later the ABS,E-brake & abs inop light on dash came back on so I had to reseat this same bulb fixed again for a few days.

I did remove the rear wheel speed sensors there was a little bit of metal shavings I cleaner w/ a clean towel (did'nt use any spary) fixed however the dash lights come and go intermitantly.

? do the front wheels have these wheel speed sensors also? I've read somewhere that the fronts are built into the front wheel hub.

Maybe I'll remove the rear again and spary w/ some electronic cleaner.

Josh will you solus diagnoise if the ABC control unit or the wheel sensors are bad.

Brakes still work fine little concerned if I will eventaully have a brake failure due to a bad ABC control unit.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2010 | 11:38 PM
LSX Mechanic

Originally Posted by badmfkr
? do the front wheels have these wheel speed sensors also? I've read somewhere that the fronts are built into the front wheel hub.

Josh will you solus diagnoise if the ABC control unit or the wheel sensors are bad.

Brakes still work fine little concerned if I will eventaully have a brake failure due to a bad ABC control unit.

Thanks
Yes the fronts have sensors as well.

Sure thing, swing it by the shop.

I wouldn't be concerned about a total brake failure. The worst that's going to happen is your ABS goes out and you just won't have ABS. The car will still stop just fine. You would have to have a master cyl or brake booster failure for the entire brake system to fail.

Quick Reply: Georgia Emissions Experts....