Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Firehawk owners, prepair to puke...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daedelus
I was recently working on a hood decal to grace my Firehawk. I thought I'd post this here where we're discussing the death of said car. Might be a welcome distraction, you guys can criticize my picture rather than each others' personal taste. This is just a rough drawing on paint, it's not like my prized work of art or anything so give it to me straight: does it suck or is it a good idea?
I think it looks really good!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
I could make a Pinto run 10's but its still a POS.
Prove it.

Or maybe you can get some more nutswingers to try to deflect YOU getting owned.
I, for one, have never met the guy ever before, as he said.

Now play nice and maybe I'll get the phone number to the trailer park I saw all those f-bodies parked in. You could score some spares and maybe gondaherpasyhpaides.
I have two F-bodys at the moment, and I'll compare paychecks with you any day of the week.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer the term 'manufactured home community', and yeah my Firehawk (real Firehawk) is parked here. Speaking of which, we're coming to the day when we'll have to say real Firehawk. What's next, a Firebird Wagon? Actually, that'd look kinda funny.... Anybody handy with photoshop? I've seen a T/A limousine but I haven't the imaginative capability to conjure a T/A wagon.... And it can be a Firehawk!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you guys seriously argueing about this ****...

my intake and heads cost more than a lot of the cars on the road.. does it make it nicer? to some people no.. and to others yes..

i think GTOs are **** compared to trans ams.. interior, feel, looks, etc...
other people think the opisite..

you cant argue something like this...

i feel like im on a 350z or BM forum..
Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
i think GTOs are **** compared to trans ams.. interior, feel, looks, etc...
other people think the opisite..
Actually, that's the first I've ever heard anybody say that. Everybody that has actually compared the two, the GTO comes out on top.

The only complaints everybody has is lack of gauges and slow moving seats to get in the back.

But this thread is pretty funny...
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

LOL makes me glad I have a WS6 As long as I dont see a WS6 G6 anytime soon I dont care
Old 03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Kinda sucks the Firehawk will now be a big sedan... I don't really care though, its obvious which one looks better.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Wow beating a dead horse this has been done to hell and back, slp really could care less what we think hence this disgrace...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a 2000 T/A Firehawk, and I love Pontiac and SLP. But I think this is just horrifyingly disgusting.

The G8 is a nice car... But IT'S A 4-DOOR. It is by no means a sports car. This is pathetic. Call it the "G8 Goo-Goo Pop". Call it ANYTHING but a Firehawk. How would Viper owners feel if Hennessey did a version of the new Challenger and called it a "Venom?" I'm taking SLP down a notch.

Last edited by NonGoggleGuy; 03-02-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Arrow

Originally Posted by 97HawkLT1
I guess that is where we differ. I don't really think it matters what platform it is on as long as it is right in spirit. Don't get me wrong, I love my f-body (I have had 3), but the G8 is better in pretty much every measurable way. End of Story.

I respect your opinion, I just disagree. If I could afford it, I would buy one. But I can't, which is why I drive an old LT1!
I find it HIGHLY irrelevant when people compare new technology to old technology. OF COURSE the G8 Pukehawk will be faster than the F-body Firehawks and SSs... IT'S NEW TECHNOLOGY. That's like saying, "my 2008 Honda Accord V6 is WAY faster than my 1976 T/A." Of course it is. IT'S NEWER and technology has done its job!! How was your V6 Accord in 1976? Oh, that's right - THERE WERE NONE.

It's evidently obvious that any REAL Firehawk owner would find this disgraceful, especially when the price tag for this G8 is around $60K. Why not just be unimaginable and buy a *choke* Corvette? SLP has simply done just that: become unimaginable in an effort to attract buyers into a new age of "muscle cars." I hate to say it, but as big V8s are decreasing from the general consumer's market, as well as Pontiac's apparent ending career, SLP and Pontiac have become desperate to sell them.

I HOPE that just slapping a legendary (already used) badge on any car does not attract buyers to this vehicle. Anyone with a devotion to a great name (I hope) would agree.

Don't buy this SLP Australian garbage-pile.

Last edited by NonGoggleGuy; 03-02-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

REAL Firehawks, if you want to call them that, stopped in '92. Anything after was just putting decals on the Formula. Unless you call an exhaust, wheels, and a hood worthy.

All depends on what you think a Firehawk really is. The G8 Firehawk is a muscle car, not a sports car. Far from a garbage pile.

The new Firehawk costs what the REAL Firehawks cost back in the '90's because you are actually getting a modified car. Is it worth it? I didn't think it was worth $50K back in the '90's. Who knows.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Doesn't matter boys & girls. Who in their right ******* mind is going to spend $60,000 on this car?? Pontiac can't even sell a newspaper let alone cars.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy
I find it HIGHLY irrelevant when people compare new technology to old technology. OF COURSE the G8 Pukehawk will be faster than the F-body Firehawks and SSs... IT'S NEW TECHNOLOGY. That's like saying, "my 2008 Honda Accord V6 is WAY faster than my 1976 T/A." Of course it is. IT'S NEWER and technology has done its job!! How was your V6 Accord in 1976? Oh, that's right - THERE WERE NONE.
What do 2002 Firehawks run? 13.0's - 13.3's?

What's this thing supposed to run? Didn't the add say 12.6's? But yet it has 155 more ponies? Boy, what a bonus!

Damn heavy 4 door overpriced car........period.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

I prefer the term 'manufactured home community', and yeah my Firehawk (real Firehawk) is parked here. Speaking of which, we're coming to the day when we'll have to say real Firehawk. What's next, a Firebird Wagon? Actually, that'd look kinda funny.... Anybody handy with photoshop? I've seen a T/A limousine but I haven't the imaginative capability to conjure a T/A wagon.... And it can be a Firehawk!!!
Ever heard of the "Hurst Hauler"??
Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Ever heard of the "Hurst Hauler"??
yeah, what he said.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Default Wow

Haha, no I hadn't. My journey toward seeing everything has now advanced another step.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob
Actually, that's the first I've ever heard anybody say that. Everybody that has actually compared the two, the GTO comes out on top.

The only complaints everybody has is lack of gauges and slow moving seats to get in the back.

But this thread is pretty funny...

i have heard plenty of people say they like trans ams more.. online and in person..

GTOs arent bad for a more family oriented or trip car... but when it comes down to it i would pick a TA over a GTO any day of the week..
i dont think they look good at all.. just the over stance, and oval look of the car disgusts me.. as for the interior.. i absolutely hate that type of interior on a "muscle car".. they arent supposed to be flashy with led lights and all these guages and **** on them..
also, they are pigs.. as we all know..

im not bashing anyones choice in a car... thats just my view on them..
Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
i have heard plenty of people say they like trans ams more.. online and in person..

GTOs arent bad for a more family oriented or trip car... but when it comes down to it i would pick a TA over a GTO any day of the week..
i dont think they look good at all.. just the over stance, and oval look of the car disgusts me.. as for the interior.. i absolutely hate that type of interior on a "muscle car".. they arent supposed to be flashy with led lights and all these guages and **** on them..
also, they are pigs.. as we all know..

im not bashing anyones choice in a car... thats just my view on them..
Just what does a muscle car interior look like?

What part of a GTO is flashy? How many gauges are you supposed to have because the GTO doesn't have any.

As for pigs, they are heavy. But will hold their own on the drag strip and road course. Mine did just fine at Memphis running down all the F-Body's for F-Body Event. Suspension and brakes were still stock but I did have a cam and headers.

I've had my share of F-Body's, 84 Z28, 89 TTA, and 96 WS6. The goat will never be as fast as my TTA but already has gone faster than the WS6 and a lot faster than the Z28.

GTO can be a family car but its definitely a muscle car in every sense of the word. F-Bods are pony cars, always haven been and always will.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

there was a hardtop that replaced the back window and made it look like a wagon,it was the hurst hauler .but i didnt read that post earlier

Last edited by Blue01ws6; 03-04-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wasn't this thread about the G8 Pukehawk?

You guys got way off track. Here's my bitch:

If you look closely at the word "Firehawk," you will notice the words "fire" and "hawk." Now, if you look closely at the word "Firebird," you will notice the words "fire" and "bird." If you have a brain, you will realize the similarity between the two words, and may even make the connection that they belong together.

Let's take a look at the word "G8" now. You will notice that the words "G" and "8" appear. So obviously (sarcasm), "Firehawk" has everything to do with the words "G" and "8."

As far as you guys arguing over GTOs, T/As, and G8s, none of them are junk. They are all fast and beautiful machines, but PLEASE DON'T COMPARE THE PERFORMANCE OF TWO CARS THAT ARE FROM DIFFERENT GENERATIONS. IT IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT!! You can compare looks, quality, and feel all you want, but when it comes to advances in technology, technology will always win. How come no one ever compares the cargo volume between a pickup truck and a Fiero? Because it's irrevelant.

All these Pontiac muscle cars are great in their own way. But it's all about prersonal preference. If you ask me, I'll say that nothing looks, feels, sounds, and drives like a 4th-generation F-body. And nothing goes with the "Firehawk" name like a Firebird (and it only makes sense).

Quick Reply: Firehawk owners, prepair to puke...