Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Firehawk owners, prepair to puke...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My fellow Firehawk owners, prepair to puke...

Is there some way to prevent this dishonor? What a George Lucas thing to do, totally screw up a great thing just because you're too brain dead to get over your past glory and come up with something new. If you buy one of these and see a real red Firehawk cruising NW Houston, don't try and waive, if I do respond it won't be nice.

Vernon

Last edited by Manic Mechanic; 02-24-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Also, now I know how Mustang fans felt back in the '70s when Ford starting slapping Mustang onto those cool looking long hood fastback Pintos.

Vernon
Old 02-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Is there some way to prevent this dishonor? What a George Lucas thing to do, totally screw up a great thing just because you're too brain dead to get over your past glory and come up with something new. If you buy one of these and see a real red Firehawk cruising NW Houston, don't try and waive, if I do respond it won't be nice.

Vernon
I am one of the only Firehawk owners that actually likes this idea. Of course I have no problem modifying my Hawk either (Oh the horror!!!). Chances are, with 500hp, he could easily outrun you and most other cars on the road when you disrespect him.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

I hope there aren't many of you. Nothing wrong with building a nice car, but don't ruin the name by plastering in on totally opposite vehicles. I guess a Trailblazer SS based Firehawk would have been cool with you? I mean with enough HP it's all good right?

I don't mind modifying my cars either, so I got something for it, no shame in bettering a good thing, just demeaning it.

Vernon
Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
I hope there aren't many of you. Nothing wrong with building a nice car, but don't ruin the name by plastering in on totally opposite vehicles. I guess a Trailblazer SS based Firehawk would have been cool with you? I mean with enough HP it's all good right?

I don't mind modifying my cars either, so I got something for it, no shame in bettering a good thing, just demeaning it.

Vernon
I don't think it is demeaning. And remember, a 3rd gen Hawk owner could say the same thing about the 4th gen cars as they were mostly cosmetic upgrades as opposed to performance upgrades. Not to mention, the Trailblazer is a Chevy and a truck. The G8 is a Pontiac and rear wheel drive (and yes a four-door). But as far as I am concerned, it is plenty worthy of being a Firehawk. In fact, I would argue that the G8 Firehawk S/C is truer to being what the original idea of what the Firehawk was in the 3rd gen than any 4th gen F-bod. This car will outrun and outhandle any previous Firehawk, probably still get better gas mileage and carry four adults comfortably. What more could you ask for in the top model available from Pontiac and SLP?
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

i dont really agree with the name due to the fact that FIREHAWK is associated with a firebird/trans am not a 4 door sedan? i donno......im really on the fence..
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's very demeaning....Firehawk belongs on a Firebird End of Story!!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
plus 1
Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Launching!

....Firehawk belongs on a Firebird End of Story!!
I guess that is where we differ. I don't really think it matters what platform it is on as long as it is right in spirit. Don't get me wrong, I love my f-body (I have had 3), but the G8 is better in pretty much every measurable way. End of Story.

I respect your opinion, I just disagree. If I could afford it, I would buy one. But I can't, which is why I drive an old LT1!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Maybe 6yrs from now, I can afford the new one. LOL
Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

I wish they could of just come up with a different name...Whats next? the G3 Firehawk? i mean i thought half the reason they called a Firebird a Firehawk was cause it had to do with birds and being a meaner sounding name...and the Firebird looked like a swooping mad bird...This looks like...a mean BMW.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

what is the horsepower?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by v10gts
what is the horsepower?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down

I agree. I'd sure as hell buy a Vette long before I'd buy one of these damn things; especially for the price! I'm not a fan, and I won't be.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ibtl, ...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Why would it be locked? Thinking one car is better in any way than another is someones opinion, not fact. I don't really know why you think that car is so much better than any real Firehawk. I think my opinion is more important than yours. LOL I would rather have a high performance pure Pontiac G8, that way I wouldn't be ripping off the Firehawk name to improve my cars image in the minds of people who think names aren't a way to identify specific things but rather a way to say "Firehawk" is a spirit name that possesses whichever Pontiac that SLP decides to soup up this year. That is a opinion that seems kind of lame to me, but to each his own. "SLP" lets you know it's spirit, the name should be model specific, that's my opinion.

Vernon
Old 02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

=( makes me wanna cry
Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

After giving it a little thought, if you wanted to find a way to mark a G8 as a Pontiac based performance vehicle with spiritual significance then Perhaps "FORMULA G8" would have been a better choice. There have been Formula performance packages on Firebirds, Sunbirds (1978-9'ish like a Monza Spyder), and Fieros. Few would have objected to that and many would have loved the Formula name still holding a place in Pontiac's performance models. I myself would have thought that really cool.

Vernon
Old 02-24-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

What a pile of Junk !
Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Manic have you even seen this sticky? It's 45 pages of what alot or owners and not firehawk owners think. Just in case you didn't know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-g...8-discuss.html

Quick Reply: Firehawk owners, prepair to puke...