Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

30th anniversary cars come in!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have your buddy send you some pics to post along with the RPO code sticker, which depending on year, is either on the door, in the glovebox, or somewhere else. I'll take a look at it, and see what's up.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by SS#502
. . . Is there a break down on all the codes that are on the door sticker?
I broke down my list:

1997 LT4 RPO Codes

AG1 Power Driver's Seat
AK5 Inflatable Driver and Passenger Air Bag
AR9 Deluxe Front Bucket
AU0 Remote Keyless Entry
AU3 Electric Door Locks
A31 Power Windows
A90 Power Deck Lid Release
B35 Carpeted Floor Mats
B84 Exterior Moldings
CAE Handling Charge From St. Therese to SLP
C49 Rear Window Defogger
C60 Air Conditioner w/ Manual Controls
DG7 Body Colored Electric Remote Controlled Mirrors
DL5 Roadside Assistance Decal
FE2 Ride Handling Suspension
FE9 Federal Emissions
GU6 3:42 Rear Axle Gear Ratio
G80 Limited Slip Rear Axle
IPC PC Interior Trim Design
J65 Power Front and Rear Disc Brakes
KG9 140 Amp Alternator
K34 Electronic Cruise Control
LT1 MFI HO 5.7 Liter V8 Engine
MM6 Tremec Manual 6 Speed Trans 85 mm, 2.66 1st and 0.50 O/D
MN6 Manual 6 Speed Provisions
NF2 Tier 1 Federal Emissions
NP5 Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
PE0 Wheel Related??
QLC Tire P245/50R16 N BL R/PE ST TL HW4
R7A Sales Item #26
STE Plant Code St. Therese
T82 Automatic On/Off Head Lamps
T96 Front Fog Lamps
UA6 Theft Deterrent System
UB3 Instrument Cluster, Oil, Volts, Tach
UL0 AM/FM Cassette
UZ7 8 Speaker, Quad Front Dr. Mounted, Sail Panel, Dual RR Hatch & Amplifier
U1S Multiple Compact Disc Player
U73 Fixed Mast Antenna
V73 USA/Canada Vehicle Statement
WU9 30th Anniversary Camaro SS Appearance and Performance Sales Package
Z28 Special Performance Sales Package
Z4C 30th Anniversary Package
1AY Stock Order Modification
1SJ Option 9 Package
1SZ Option Package Discount
10C Arctic White Cloth Trim Combination
10I Arctic White Interior Trim
10Q Arctic White Molding Color
10U Arctic White Exterior Color
6HD Computer Select Suspension Component Front LH
7HD Computer Select Suspension Component Front RH
8TH Computer Select Suspension Component Rear LH
9TH Computer Select Suspension Component Rear RH
Old 08-11-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are those last 4 pertaining to? What suspension did your car come with? O_o
Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123
Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brangeta
What are those last 4 pertaining to? What suspension did your car come with? O_o
Have no idea what they are but those are the codes and the GM descriptions . . .

Has the Level III SLP Suspension on it . . .
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

To help clear some things up

1. As mentioned all 97 Camaros even V6 cars had "30th" embroidered into their seats.

2. Your friend's silver 97 RS is NOT a 30th anniv Camaro. It is a 97 which celebrates the 30th anniv year but in order to be an "official" 30th car it has to have RPO Z4C which is white with orange stripes that only came on Z28 and SS.

3. No anniversary dash plaques on 97s unless its a Z4C SS only 92s ans 02s got different dash plaques on all models produced.

4. The white Z4C SS with Hawaii plates mentioned as not having stripes, yes your car did have stripes when it left SLP. They all did however........ a LOT of dealers had trouble selling these cars with the orange stripes on them as the regular buying public didn't "get it" meaning the throw back to the 69 Z11 pace car. So in order to increase their chances of selling them they took the stripes off. I've seen this on at least 5 Z28s over the past 12 years. The owners have no idea they have a Z4C car but you can easily tell by the white grille and white wheels. So contact Dave Hamburger at SLP and get yourself a set of stripes before they are gone (might already be gone).
Old 08-30-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info. When I bought my car from the original owner he didn't like the stripes. I guess he had to have them taken off at the dealer before he rolled away with it. He said he checked the car out that was at the dealer and then decided to order his without the stripes. I've been unable to find out if it left SLP with them on or if they were never even put on the car. Oh well, I like the car with or without them and my wife hates the stripes. I was thinking of painting on the same stripes but do it in a pearl white, kind like ghost style graphics.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do any of you guys happen to own a 100% stock 30th Anni that has the SLP Dual-Dual exhaust? (AKA quad tips)

I have been searching like crazy for a sound clip of one at startup, idle, and short rev, and I simply can't find one! Can someone please help me out? The sooner the better, because I have an opportunity to get this exhaust very cheap.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Just get it and throw it on! I have my TOTL sitting in my garage and still looks good. If you don't like it someone else probably will and get it from you...
Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Xsta appears to have this, but his car has what look like extra resonators after the muffler.

The only usable part IS the muffler in what I have the opportunity to buy. How is not having these resonators going to affect the sound?

Our 35th LE has SLP CME (which uses the '98-'02 SLP Dual-Dual muffler) and it sounds great and lacks extra resonators. The difference is, the '98+ has a 3" pipe over the axle and into the inlet of the muffler, and the '97 type SLP Dual-Dual has a 2.5" inlet. Well, another major difference is that the 35thLE has an LS1, and this is for an LT1 and would be going on a '97, so the sound isn't very comparable.

What is the purpose of the extra resonators? Do they tone down the combustion cycle burble into a hum, or what?

I'd like to have a good idea of how this is going to make the car sound if I put just the muffler on a stock '97 Z28.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

I can't imagine it being any louder that the TOTL. I bet those resonators gave it that rapsitty sound though, like those Honda's with headers and big can mufflers.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never heard TOTL exhaust to my knowledge in person, so I have no idea what it sounds like. I've heard it's raspy, and that's about all I've bothered to research.

I guess I'll give this Dual-Dual muffler a shot. Worse comes to worse... I'll resell it.

I would still like to hear a car with it, one without mods to the headers, cats, etc. It's ridiculous how difficult it is to find videos of stock exhaust and SLP exhaust THAT ISN'T LOUDMOUTH.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 AM
TECH Regular

The TOTL isn't rapsy at all. It's a nice thunder exhaust under throttle and when people see it they think the car has a V6 if they don't know what it is. It's mellow at idle till you get on it and even then it's no where near as loud as the Loudmouth under WOT. Kinda stealthy if that's what your looking for...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nah, looking for something just slightly louder than stock, but still noise pollution or whatever legal, and definitely with the dual-look like stock Z28. This SLP Dual-Dual muffler should work for that. It sucks that I can't find a car that actually has it though so I can hear it.

I'll worry about needing outlet pipes and exhaust tips if I get it, when I get it.

It's really no wonder most people just stick to awful Flowmaster, Magnaflow, etc. It's too freakin' hard to find the more exotic stuff. Kind of funny calling a factory original sort of piece "exotic" but that's how it's ending up when it comes to videos and sound clips.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Regular

No **** huh! I think there's another guy here (Hawaii) that might have this set-up on his car. I'll have to do some research. BTW the TOTL is way better sounding than the stock Z28 exhaust in my opinion. Have you tried to call SLP to see if they have the pipes or the specs for them?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, I'm going to call them tomorrow though.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

For anyone wondering what Two on The Left sounds like, this stock SS has it. You'll need to jump past 3:50 to hear it. Sounds good. I assume the Dual-Dual sound very similar.
http://www.lt1engine.com/videos/video/4rKAcZsozqQ
Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

The 1997, "Dual-Dual" is VERY quiet . . . the resonators pull out ALOT of sound, plus if rumors are correct they also came with a "Cone of Silence" in the drivers side tail pipe . . .

The "Dual-Dual" of the LS1 cars I like still quietm but in a rag top that is what I wanted. . . .

Sorry no sound clips, plus with my 30th being an LT4 it will sound different.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Brangeta
For anyone wondering what Two on The Left sounds like, this stock SS has it. You'll need to jump past 3:50 to hear it. Sounds good. I assume the Dual-Dual sound very similar.
http://www.lt1engine.com/videos/video/4rKAcZsozqQ
The TOTL was one of the BEST sounding stock exhausts ever put on the SS ( IMHO )
Old 08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for replying so quickly Xsta. Since I will only be getting (or using) the muffler, I think it should likely be a nice sound similar perhaps to TOTL.

TOTL in that video, sounds very similar to our 35th Anni SS with SLP Dual-Dual (3" inlet, 2.5" outlets) even considering the much different engines (LT1 vs. LS1). The TOTL seemed to calm down the combustion cycle burble into a hum at idle to an extent, which I like.

I think '97 SLP Dual-Dual (2.5" inlet, 2.5" outlets) will be a good choice. I will not have the resonators nor the possible cone of silence. If I could make the car sound remotely similar to our SS while retaining the much better sound quality an LT1 has over LS1... I would be very happy!

Quick Reply: 30th anniversary cars come in!!!!