Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Who has Tom Henry Editions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who has Tom Henry Editions?

I don't post much but check the board often and appreciate that there is a forum for the Special Edition cars out there. Curious to see how many of the Tom Henry's are out there. I checked his site the other day and noticed that the #1 Black 380hp car is on consignment for sale. Also has a 02 ZL1 on consignment as well. Too rich for my blood.

Where are all the others? Post car number and location if possible. I am in NE Ohio with #8, Sebring Silver, 380hp version. Anyone close? Lets hear from as many possible. We may be a small group in numbers but none the less a part of a great family of cars.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02ss380hp
I don't post much but check the board often and appreciate that there is a forum for the Special Edition cars out there. Curious to see how many of the Tom Henry's are out there. I checked his site the other day and noticed that the #1 Black 380hp car is on consignment for sale. Also has a 02 ZL1 on consignment as well. Too rich for my blood.

Where are all the others? Post car number and location if possible. I am in NE Ohio with #8, Sebring Silver, 380hp version. Anyone close? Lets hear from as many possible. We may be a small group in numbers but none the less a part of a great family of cars.
What in the world is a "Tom Henry" edition?
What makes it special?
Old 11-30-2003, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XtinctHawk02
What in the world is a "Tom Henry" edition?
What makes it special?
It's another of the GMMG cars (Blackbird, Dale Earnhardt, ZL1, etc.)
Built for Tom Henry Chevrolet.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is the Tom Henry Car's I have on my site (need to update it to reflect the updates)

http://www.01pewterz28.cz28.com/tomhenry.html
Old 02-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Launching!

i remember seeing a som tom henry camaro at the auto show. it looked awesome but seemed too expensive for what little was done to it.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdp244
i remember seeing a som tom henry camaro at the auto show. it looked awesome but seemed too expensive for what little was done to it.
Yes and no... these cars will someday be the Yenkos and Baldwin motion cars from yester-years. They only built 5 SOM cars (Tom Henry) 1-Coupe, 3-TTops and 1-Vert.

I am a SOM FREAK!!! How much are they asking for the #1 car?
Old 02-05-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah... one was an auto so that means it was only a 350HP car.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Teching In

The SOM automatic actually is set up as a 380hp version. The owner insisted that it be built as a 380hp and automatic so his wife could drive it, if I recall correctly. Nice car located in Penna.. It was at the GM Nationals in Carlisle last summer. Hope to see it again this June at The Keystone Camaro Club show held at Tom Henry Chevrolet.

I was hoping that more TH owners might visit this forum when I started this thread. I guess with only 31 cars out there, maybe they are tucked away never to be heard from.

Last I knew the #1 car was offered @ $31,900.00. There is also a NBM TH car that was being offered @ $45,000.00.

Tim
Old 02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

somebody say SOM?
Old 02-09-2004, 04:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Tom Henry car, or any of the other GMMG cars, for that matter, will NEVER be comparable to the Yenko, in terms of rarity and value. Those cars are way more special. Sure- I'd love to have any of them, but it's just not the same thing.....
Old 02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
A Tom Henry car, or any of the other GMMG cars, for that matter, will NEVER be comparable to the Yenko, in terms of rarity and value. Those cars are way more special. Sure- I'd love to have any of them, but it's just not the same thing.....
NEVER? That's one way of looking at it but remember, back when those early cars were made no one thought they'd EVER reach the status they have now or the dollars they're getting at auctions... Never say never. Twenty years from now we may all be forced to own hydrogen or electric powered cars and then those lowly GMMG cars will be looking a whole lot differently. I wouldn't necessarily be looking at them as an investment but you never know what the future could bring.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

How do you figure? GMMG cars are certainly rare, and are no less modified than a Yenko was. Don't forget, a Yenko was basically a Camaro with a 427 where a 396 had been and a stripe package. The only real difference I see is the passing of time and good old nostalgia. I'm sure most people said Yenkos were overpriced and would never be more collectable than a Z/28 or RS/SS back in the 60's.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you figure? GMMG cars are certainly rare, and are no less modified than a Yenko was. Don't forget, a Yenko was basically a Camaro with a 427 where a 396 had been and a stripe package. The only real difference I see is the passing of time and good old nostalgia. I'm sure most people said Yenkos were overpriced and would never be more collectable than a Z/28 or RS/SS back in the 60's.
NEVER? That's one way of looking at it but remember, back when those early cars were made no one thought they'd EVER reach the status they have now or the dollars they're getting at auctions... Never say never. Twenty years from now we may all be forced to own hydrogen or electric powered cars and then those lowly GMMG cars will be looking a whole lot differently. I wouldn't necessarily be looking at them as an investment but you never know what the future could bring.
I have to agree with both of these guys. Even the guys who own the Yenko's, Baldwin Motions, Nickey's, Dana's and original ZL1's have some degree of respect for the GMMG produced cars. In fact, a lot of these guys who own the old SuperCars also own many of the GMMG produced cars ! ! ! Guys like Bill Porterfield, Kenny Barnhardt, Carl Stuber, Charley Lilliard, Steve Sandlin, etc. The list would just go on and on.

Even today, many people who view my car tell me that they have read about them in the various magazines (Hot Rod, Chevy High Performance, Super Chevy, Chevy Rumble, Car Craft, etc.) but thought that they would probably never, ever see one.

Given time, I think the Tom Henry cars, the Berger SS cars, the Earnhardt Intimidator SS cars, the ZL1's, etc. will all appreciate in value.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Teching In

yeah, really i agree, thats why helen gibb, matt berger and his dad, dale earnhardt, johnny benson, tom henry chevy, scott settlemere of chevy performance and the like were all involved in the production of these not so special cars.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02ss380hp

there were 100 berger editions, 00,01,02's. 83 earnhardt intimidators, all 01's. 32 tom henry's, 01,02's. 36 hot rod editions, all 02's. 52 performance editions, all 02's. 69 zl1's, all 02's. the cars came from chevrolet and sent to gmmg for modification. all the zl1's fall into a certain vin# group. certainly everyone must realize that chevy knows which vin# vehicles were sent to gmmg. chevy had a direct hand in the modification of these cars. gmmg can not work on any other cars but these. they can modify your exisitng gmmg edition car whichever it may be, but they can't modify a car you buy and want to make it into a zl1, berger etc. etc. they are many performance shops that can install a c5r for you, but you the general public can't buy the c5r race case from general motors. the zl1 cars have many other modifications done to them besides the engine. the window sticker on all the gmmg cars states this as being a high performance option, like the slp camaros did. to transform a standard v8 camaro into a phase 3 zl1 would cost near around 80k. the cars have no choice but to escalate in value as time goes by. i'am interested in the purchase of either berger, tom henry, or intimidator cars. more so the henry cars for it is the least produced. anyone have one wanting to sell notify me.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:20 AM
10 Second Club

If you actually went to GMMG and saw how it works, you would realize how much attention to detail these cars go through. Not to mention how profesional GMMG is. I have no doubt that these cars will be rare, and if there is another special edition car offered, maybe a GTO or something, Im definatly gonna have to get in on one of these, I wish I could have bought a Blackbird when I had the chance.

Quick Reply: Who has Tom Henry Editions?