Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had us worried there for a while!!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by GMMGSUPERCARS
Web site is not gone. http://www.gmmginc.net/
Must have renewed their domain name . . . it was gone for at least a day . . .
Old 10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Staff at GMMG...

It is my understanding that Matt Murphy replaced his staff at GMMG. I do not know the reason why. That may have something to do with the phone number being disconnected and the website going down. I would like to know what is going on from Matt. I am a big fan of GMMG and I wish them continued success.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Just spoke with Matt, he's not one to frequent message boards. Everthing is status quo, although there has been some employee restructuring which has put some projects behind schedule. Lot's of stuff in the pipe- he said they have recieved several cars for upgrades recentely, 5th gen projects, etc. Also a new lead shop manager who's credentials are staggering to say the least- MBA, Nascar and F1 engine management expertise, should be some serious hot rods coming out of there in the near term.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
Just spoke with Matt, he's not one to frequent message boards. Everthing is status quo, although there has been some employee restructuring which has put some projects behind schedule. Lot's of stuff in the pipe- he said they have recieved several cars for upgrades recentely, 5th gen projects, etc. Also a new lead shop manager who's credentials are staggering to say the least- MBA, Nascar and F1 engine management expertise, should be some serious hot rods coming out of there in the near term.
Cant wait to see some of the 5th gens that they start to put out. Seems like that shop manager will bring a nice new light at just the right time for them.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Why did he get rid of his staff? Something had to happen. I am glad he is still up and running, but I would like some more informatoin. GMMG has been known to take a long time completing upgrades and I would like to know how this will affect future upgrades.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
Ditto. I spoke with Matt for about two hours on Thursday. I too think that things will be as good or better than ever. I think Matt said that there was no current dealership associated with any GMMG projects - economy and such.

I had been worried because of items that had not been delivered with my Blackbird last year so you can understand my concern.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Smokie87
Ditto. I spoke with Matt for about two hours on Thursday. I too think that things will be as good or better than ever. I think Matt said that there was no current dealership associated with any GMMG projects - economy and such.

I had been worried because of items that had not been delivered with my Blackbird last year so you can understand my concern.

Some of the delay issues are not GMMG's fault. Case in point the chambered exhaust- an outsourced manufacturer custom builds it to spec ,and that vendor has been consistently slow with supply. Roberts racing does a lot of the P3 upgrade work, and they are stalled at times waiting for Callies to custom build the cranks for the C5R race case. Yes there were problems with the old staff there, that also has contributed to delays. I think it's pretty safe to say any biz these days is affected by the global recession- lot's of fat trimming for survival( The general come to mind).

GMMG is no different but anyone that knows Matt knows there is no quit in his game and he will passionately build cars for customers.. then load them in his transporter and haul them across country to deliver them if need be, or drive a thousand miles in pouring rain all night to pick up exhaust systems/parts for customers who want his products. I 'm sure some people reading this are nodding their heads right now-
Old 10-30-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default New Staff at GMMG...

Matt phd me this morning at work. I forgot that I had left my cell phone on and when he called..................I was having a conversation with the President of the financial institution that I work for. I told him that I couldn't talk right then and I would call him back. He told me briefly that he had had to replace some of his staff but he was certainly still in business.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Closed?

Mark....................Matt phd me this morning too. I was at work and talking to the President of the financial institution that I work for so the timing wasn't good. I had forgot that I had left my cell phone on. He told me briefly that he was still in business but that he had had some staffing issues and he would fill me in on it later when I could call him back.

I agree too................Matt is a great guy and has helped me out numerous times. I value his friendship and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Friggin great to hear! Those guys are F-Bod gods IMHO due to the life they brought to these cars and the HUGE HUGE HUGE impact their styling has had on 90% of the cars on this board (from Berger panels to TTII's with painted center caps).

They may have not been the first to do certain things but they did them right and were the ones everyone else was copying...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Why did he replace his staff? I am considering sending a camaro for upgrades and I am concerned about the completion time. I like Matt, and I love my Berger, but I do have legitimate concerns. Does anyone currently have a car at GMMG? Or is anyone currently waiting on parts?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Teching In

well, I have been trying to contact them via phone and email daily since 10/27/09 but they have not answered any emails and the phone has been "temporarily disconnected"
Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

....The other thought about GMMG is I wish they would upgrade their website cuz its been the same pages of information for a long time....
Old 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by carrillo1967
....The other thought about GMMG is I wish they would upgrade their website cuz its been the same pages of information for a long time....
What would they update though? Those cars haven't changed, they are almost 7 years old... I like it. I wish there was an old COPO, Yenko, Baldwin, etc... page like that still around to just see pics and options all neat and nice like that

Do you mean like update with what they're doing now or something?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
What would they update though? Those cars haven't changed, they are almost 7 years old... I like it. I wish there was an old COPO, Yenko, Baldwin, etc... page like that still around to just see pics and options all neat and nice like that

Do you mean like update with what they're doing now or something?
I would like an update on what is going on with them now because I still havent heard back from them and the phone is still disconnected
Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ~Firehawk~
I would like an update on what is going on with them now because I still havent heard back from them and the phone is still disconnected
Good point
Old 11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I wish there was an old COPO, Yenko, Baldwin, etc... page like that still around to just see pics and options all neat and nice like that
http://www.yenko.net/features/featurecars.htm

http://www.yenko.net/dealers/pics.htm
Old 11-14-2009, 09:16 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I would look for GMMG to be back bigger and stronger than ever. Matt is a survivor, not a quitter. A business is no better than it's employees and if Matt had an opportunity to get better people he probably jumped at the chance.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Anybody speak with Matt since end of October? GMMG owes me several parts for my Blackbird. Laurie Dial assured me on 10/13 that things would be addressed. When I last spoke with Matt he told me that they would get my parts to me. Since then there have been no email replies, no answered phone calls and no returned calls.

Quick Reply: GMMG Closed?