Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk1412
I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me, has additional contacts, knows or is experiencing the same.

Back at the beginning of August 2009 I mailed in a check to purchase a GMMG exhaust with the oval tips.

They had no problem cashing the check and then emailing me 3 weeks later stating that the tips and clamps were still on backorder and if I would like them to go ahead and ship the exhaust and just ship the tips and clamps later when they come in. I emailed back that would be fine and asked the ETA when those two items would be in. Angel Shaw over the finally responded another two weeks later that it would probably be another couple weeks before they were in stock coming from Tennessee and that she probably would have them shipped directly from them to my address.

So on Sept 4th they shipped just the exhaust which I received and a confirmation tracking number along with still out of stock on the tips and again that they would be coming from the vendor direct.

So another month passes and on October 30th sent another email to Angel requesting and trying to find out where my tips and clamps are that I paid for and still haven't received!

I've tried more times then I can count trying to call the phone number listed, which now states that it's not a working number off they're web site: 770-592-6261 and sent two emails since then and no one responds or calls me back.

I've been more then patient and willing to work with them on the slight back order but this has become ridiculous and becoming very aggravating and poor business ethics on they're part......

I was excited in getting the system and having it installed before putting the car away for winter.

Has anyone else experienced this or is currently with GMMG? I'm out of contacts, have tried the BBB and they have no record, I really don't want have to go a next step of contacting my attorney and filing papers and such for something that shouldn't be in the first place.

HELP!!!!!!

A thank you to anyone who can help in anyway....
Get in line.....................
Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

im sorry, but this is rediculous! Im not a GMMG customer, nor will I ever be after reading this thread! Thats just plain stupid to expect people to wait like that, and then to not have contact with someone, when YOU have THERE car. Horrible!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just returned from removing our car from GMMG
Did you talk to anyone there? If so, what was said?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by driver0926
Just returned from removing our car from GMMG. We finally decided that we were too uncomfortable with the lack of communication/service from Matt and couldn't continue taking a risk.

The lesson we would like to pass along to everyone is to exercise due diligence before handing over your property and $$ to a business, no matter how reputable. If we had known then what we know now.....we would have protected ourselves better as a customer. Nuff said.
So from that statement, I take it that you got your car back but not your(good amount of) money correct?
Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

im gonna LMAO when people start mass producing the wide body kits to sell.....and everyone can just build their own wide body cars for much cheaper. heck, you can do the same thing yourself minus the "GMMG" name associated with the car.

i already know of a GMMG wide body kit (not a knock off, the real deal) that is soon to be put on a car that is in no way associated with GMMG and Matt Murphy. heck....i wouldnt be surprised if molds were made of it too. haha scratch the whole "rare" thing about the GMMG cars then huh?

i dont see how people are comfortable having a car there for over 5 years....thats a little too long to wait in line to have a car built IMHO. especially when theres a huge possibilty of that SAME body kit being mass produced and sold to public, lol.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We met with Matt
Did he say anything about what is going on with GMMG?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

We met with Matt. There was no one working in the shop. No signs of activity in the shop. No power on in the shop. Paint bay appeared unused. There were approx. 12 cars inside. 3 on the lifts.

Our car was still on a car-hauler outside. Our car was missing the GMMG badge, the SS badge and the 35 anniversary edition badge from the rear panel.
So he took things off your car and possibly put them on someone else car, hummmmmm sounds like the point i was trying to get across on this forum over a year ago about the engine swaps he was doing. I really hate to see this kinda thing happen to GMMG and especially to people that bought these cars to put away including me. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the GMMG cars and hopefully things will get better. But IMHO I think he should have done a one time deal on all of the cars and moved on to another project. Just remember no power, no security system. 12 cars worth approx. 1mil have no protection!

Last edited by camarosss; 12-15-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Default Gmmg

Looking for anyway possible to reach Matt myself.

I have been texting and calling.
How do you get a hold of his ex-wife???
Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Since Mike and Ron of Vengeance Racing were head mechanics at GMMG while these cars were being built and had "hands on" all of these cars, who thinks they should take over operations at GMMG to better serve the guys that want upgrades? I know thats probably impossible but just a thought.

I know of a couple of cars that have been upgraded by them for Matt and they turned out real nice.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:05 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

You can't go wrong with Vengeance.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

They would be the ones we would now choose for our upgrades.....unfortunately, Matt hasn't given us our $$ back yet so that is on hold.
I would see if you could get some GMMG documentation on the upgrade before any work is done.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a shame that things have gone down hill like this for GMMG I hope Matt can bring the business bak up to par with what GMMG is known for. I know the majority of us were disappointed when GMMG did not have anything for the 2010 Camaro no projects on the books all I recall hearing that maybe down the road but honestly Matt looked frail (sick wise, lost a lot of weight over the past two years) I honestly hope GMMG can reurn to the gloy days.

Sean
Old 12-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Launching!

An update: thanks to all that supplied info. I was able to pickup my car Monday.
The power was on Monday. There are no employees working at his shop as of Monday.
Discussing with others it was apparent that nothing had been done in the shop for a week. I wish Matt well and pray Matt and GMMG will get back on their feet but would STRONGLY advise against suppling him with any money or cars at this time. I say this becuase of my personal business dealings with him over the last 18 months. The truth does not flow thru his lips at this time. That is a fact that I was able to prove.

David

Last edited by Yellowhammer; 01-05-2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-26-2009, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

So you guys paid upfront for upgrades and left your cars there for years? Now your having to go back and pick up your cars and he's not refunding your money? Can I be the one to ask what were you thinking?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:03 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Sometimes you can trust someone too much. I hope that is not the case here.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

Don't quite understand why Matt does not try to explain what is going on with his business on this site? Things dont sound good up there at GMMG however if Matt does not make it thru this ruff patch I am sure Vengence Racing will take over the GMMG operation maybe they could even merge together.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:14 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Matt is very good at telling you what you want to hear. His reputation at one time was excellent. So, yes, we did pay him when our car was delivered in Aug.

We have our own small business and trusted someone to do what we would have done for our customers...a good job.

I can guarantee he will not post here. He only talks to those who are still flying the Matt-flag.

That is about all I can say at this time.
I guess it's human nature to want to trust people. Especially some people. Live and learn.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

nice to see the truth come out........
Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 AM

What is the situation, I am pretty sure Matt is working things out just fine.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hawk1412
I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me, has additional contacts, knows or is experiencing the same.

Back at the beginning of August 2009 I mailed in a check to purchase a GMMG exhaust with the oval tips.

They had no problem cashing the check and then emailing me 3 weeks later stating that the tips and clamps were still on backorder and if I would like them to go ahead and ship the exhaust and just ship the tips and clamps later when they come in. I emailed back that would be fine and asked the ETA when those two items would be in. Angel Shaw over the finally responded another two weeks later that it would probably be another couple weeks before they were in stock coming from Tennessee and that she probably would have them shipped directly from them to my address.

So on Sept 4th they shipped just the exhaust which I received and a confirmation tracking number along with still out of stock on the tips and again that they would be coming from the vendor direct.

So another month passes and on October 30th sent another email to Angel requesting and trying to find out where my tips and clamps are that I paid for and still haven't received!

I've tried more times then I can count trying to call the phone number listed, which now states that it's not a working number off they're web site: 770-592-6261 and sent two emails since then and no one responds or calls me back.

I've been more then patient and willing to work with them on the slight back order but this has become ridiculous and becoming very aggravating and poor business ethics on they're part......

I was excited in getting the system and having it installed before putting the car away for winter.

Has anyone else experienced this or is currently with GMMG? I'm out of contacts, have tried the BBB and they have no record, I really don't want have to go a next step of contacting my attorney and filing papers and such for something that shouldn't be in the first place.

HELP!!!!!!

A thank you to anyone who can help in anyway....

i had the same problem last year, ordered a catback in Feb 09..got it in may 09 but was so worth the wait

Quick Reply: GMMG Closed?