Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, This sucks. The only friggin reason I purchased my "Blackbird" last year was to send it back to him for upgrades and the documentation. I have been experiencing the same problems as everyone else since I got it. 2 of my "Blackbird" badges are scratched and wanted to purchase new ones but have not got a hold of anyone. I guess I am very lucky that this started about when I got my car, otherwise it would be over there right now! I really, really hope he gets everything straightened out soon.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArisonSpeed
What is the situation, I am pretty sure Matt is working things out just fine.
I think it is pretty much a done deal for Matt unfortunately, looks like anyone wanting anything done to their GMMG hot rods will now go to Vengence racing, the up side to all this is that I think our cars will be worth more than ever because no more cars will be produced under the GMMG name.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:20 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think just the opposite,I think they will devalue...
Old 01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
Tell that to the Yenko boys. Nobody knows. I do know this for damn sure; I wish I had had a dozen collector cars in Sept. '08 rather than real cash in the stock mkt.

Remember "that" when people tell you cars are not an investment. Evidently, today, neither is the stock mkt. I can walk outside and lay my hand on 4 little beauties that will last as long as I will. My investment in the stock mkt. vaporized overnight. Like gold, my cars will never be worth zero. Invest wisely my friends.....and forget the old rules.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default I agree.

Originally Posted by JS
I agree, there's no way a $90,000 4th gen with a 427 in it, even a GMMG version, unless it's a DH car with full drivetrain and body modification is going to appreciate in value much. Sure there will be the few ones with custom paint jobs and low mileage that will hold their value, but in general, I think they will slowly depreciate just like the rest of our cars.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Time will tell, perhaps you should look to the past muscle cars like the Yanko's, Shelby's, Motion cars, Buick GNX, etc. they are all but untouchable to most people, for me personally I really dont care if they go up or down in value I own two of these fantastic GMMG muscle cars and have a thriving business with pleanty of money in the bank Where can you go and buy a factory american muscle car with over 630hp that goes 10 seconds in the quarter mile all on pump gas, priceless. This appreciation will not happen overnight so the debate will go on, however I count my self as lucky to be one of the few people to own these modern day muscle cars and as far as being an investment, most collectors don't buy them for investments they buy them to enjoy. If you want a investment look to the stock market or gold, you will always get a much better return on your money. One other note is that some people see the glass as half empty others prefer to see it as half full I like it half full.

Last edited by ZL1 #14; 01-17-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grb
Tell that to the Yenko boys. Nobody knows. I do know this for damn sure; I wish I had had a dozen collector cars in Sept. '08 rather than real cash in the stock mkt.

Remember "that" when people tell you cars are not an investment. Evidently, today, neither is the stock mkt. I can walk outside and lay my hand on 4 little beauties that will last as long as I will. My investment in the stock mkt. vaporized overnight. Like gold, my cars will never be worth zero. Invest wisely my friends.....and forget the old rules.
Yenko is not a fair comparison. Both dealers, yes but both don't have a race history.

I think they will still be worth money but not as much as they were bought for UNLESS there is some dumb Barrett Jackson trend in the future like we recently went through.

Without a doubt, due especially to all the magazine coverage, these cars are the ONLY 4th Gen F-Bodies that will be seen as highly collect able in the future.

Some more than others, I'd say the DH and Intimidator cars being worth the most, then the ZL1s and Hot Rod cars, then the Tom Henry and Blackbird cars.

Just my $.02
Old 01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

You are exactly right LiterEater. The Yenkos were not approved by GM and were not built in response to a Mustang SVT program and the GMMG ZL1s were. Hell even John Heinricy had to approve! Brilliant! Hold on to your ZL1s boys!

My God where were these soothsayers when '69 ZL1s were $2,500????? Hemis were $1,500!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Closed?

Originally Posted by ZL1 #14
Time will tell, perhaps you should look to the past muscle cars like the Yanko's, Shelby's, Motion cars etc. they are all but untouchable to most people, for me personally I really dont care if they go up or down in value I own two of these fantastic GMMG muscle cars and have a thriving business with pleanty of money in the bank Where can you go and buy a factory american muscle car with over 630hp that goes 10 seconds in the quarter mile all on pump gas, priceless. This appreciation will not happen overnight so the debate will go on, however I count my self as lucky to be one of the few people to own these modern day muscle cars and as far as being an investment, most collectors dont buy them for investments they buy them to enjoy if you want a investment look to the stock market or gold you will always get a much better return on your money. One other note is that some people see the glass as half empty others prefer to see it as half full I like it half full.
Well said...............................and I agree. Fortunately, I am relatively secure at this point in my life (i.e., money in the bank, investments in the stock market, own real estate, have a decent job, etc.) I hope my ZL1 increases in value over the years and I truthfully think it will BUT, it really doesn't matter that much to me. I enjoy owning it and every time I start it up, a big smile appears on my face (this too is priceless). People apparently enjoy looking at it and talking to me about it too. In fact, a local magazine was just out and wrote a short article about me, the ZL1, my other 30th anniversary and my shop. Yes my friend......................I agree, the glass is at least half full I will be glad to sit down with you and Ray (grb) and enjoy it with you.

http://www.iowalivingmagazines.com/a..._12AKLVP17.pdf
Old 01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

It's always bad to see a company go under or get into a bad situation. I think before these cars will bring the money everybody wants them to bring they will have to be long forgotten and then come back. The ones i've seen appear for sale today people don't want them or don't want to give good money for them. And the 2010 camaro probably has alot to do with this. Buy the GMMG's now, put them away and maybe ower kids will benefit from this. Thats what i'm banking on, because the stock market is way to unpredictable.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grb
You are exactly right LiterEater. The Yenkos were not approved by GM and were not built in response to a Mustang SVT program and the GMMG ZL1s were. Hell even John Heinricy had to approve! Brilliant! Hold on to your ZL1s boys!

My God where were these soothsayers when '69 ZL1s were $2,500????? Hemis were $1,500!!!
Time will tell but for everyone with money in them for the purpose of an investment (which I am sorry but I don't see as a good investment, short of land and gold nothing else is too wise, cars rust, get wrecked, etc...) I HONESTLY hope you are right...

Regardless, every car that came out of that shop is BAD *** and that alone is reason enough to own them (for those, unlike myself, that can afford them) to me
Old 01-17-2010, 03:44 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont get me wrong I think certain GMMG cars will be valuble..
ZL1's, DH's and the Int. should be solid investments over the long haul

How much who knows....
Would I like to own a GMMG car, for sure

I would love a DH or a CETA Blackbird...
Old 01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

There is a CETA Blacbird for sale right now. Jim Smith owns it and I think he is asking 30K for it. As far as the GMMG cars go I agree With Doug I think this makes them more valuable. Of all the fouth generation cars these will be the most valuable assuming our country is worth anyting in 20 years.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Teching In

Well? Any new information on Matt/GMMG?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 AM

Have heard NOTHING
Old 01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well , I know their Email is no longer working I tried to send an email to them yesterday and today and I received "unable to deliver" messages.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

i talked to matt 2 days ago to get some extra rims for my intimidator and he didnt seem to have a problem helpin me out and i think my car was one of the last to make it out upgraded from what i have been reading (got it back about 4-5 months ago ) it was frustrating and we had to stay on matt the whole time but the work he did was great i remember there being a blk DH on the rack next to mine a green p3 DH a yellow ZL1 and 35th PE with different rims than a normal 35th and thats all i can remember are these anyone on heres cars?? i have pics from when i went visit during my upgrade if anyone is interested to see if your car is there like i said i went months ago but it might help anyone with question as to where their car is . also its kind of crazy things suddenly went down he was just telling me when i went that he was doin an intimidator replica for a magazine and also had plans for doing vert z06's
Old 01-29-2010, 11:48 AM

driver0926, have fun in the Mountains.... & I know that Matt will NOT answer the door for you!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

no no it was just one car that had the same paint scheme he couldnt do same rims and things like that it was basically to show of the P2 package.. and yea it was stock red... yours??
Old 01-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Default cz28

Hey blk01gmmg is your car # 80 that was sold out of Colorado? What upgrade did you get? You are lucky to have got yours through. It was probably the last one.

Quick Reply: GMMG Closed?