Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

im selling my 35th slp ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LE35thSS
do you know the LE build number? that number is the SLP build as they only made 3,369 LE's.
I emailed the 35thLE.com and havent heard anything back, but as soon as i do ill post it.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:19 AM
9 Second Club

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2g1fp22g322134409

look at the "Z4C" RPO code
Old 09-10-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by v8sten
It's doubtful that this is a 35th Anniversary car. Based on the SLP sticker that you provided a picture of on the previous page, your VIN is: 2G1FP22G322134443. Thus, the options for your car are laid out here:

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2G1fp22g322134443

The Z4C RPO code is absent.

Additionally, your SLP sticker indicates that the 10-spoke chrome wheels were ordered with the Camaro via SLP, and you also stated yourself that the car originally came with the chrome wheels; that said, the 35th Anniversary model could not be ordered with the SLP chrome 10-spokes, since the black machine-faced LE wheels were a unique and identifying factor to the anniversary appearance and could not be separated from the Z4C package or substituted for the SLP chromed. The SLP grille, which is listed on your second-sticker SLP content as well, could also not be ordered with the 35th Anniversary package, because the LE received a unique grille with the gray fill-ins and could not be substituted for the SLP SS grille.

So I guess my question is: why does the SLP sticker from your vehicle have a different VIN on it than your RPO code sticker? Since the CME and the Blackwing are present on the car (relatively rare options), I would speculate that the VIN on your SLP sticker is the correct VIN, and the driver's side door with the RPO codes was replaced with that of an LE. Perhaps you can provide us with a photo of the VIN from the front windshield, which one can surmise will only be: 2G1FP22G322134443, a non-anniversary car, based on the details you've provided. Regardless as to whether the chassis of this car is a true LE, which is extremely doubtful at this point, the thing is hacked to pieces with parts missing and mix-and-matched from everywhere; I would advise against marketing it as a collector car.

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
Nice way to shut them down they were coming for you. lol
Originally Posted by Ruthless909
Somebody got pwned. lolz

GLWS op
02sleeperz28, no ****, right. Im just trying to make an honest sale and I hate it when people do that ****

Thanks Ruthless909
Originally Posted by GreenS-10
There is always some keyboard ninjas that thinks they know more than they actually do.
GLWS
Facts.

Now, OP, would you like to sell your SLP SS portfolio separately?

Last edited by The Bronx Bull; 09-10-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Bronx Bull
It's doubtful that this is a 35th Anniversary car. Based on the SLP sticker that you provided a picture of on the previous page, your VIN is: 2G1FP22G322134443. Thus, the options for your car are laid out here:

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2G1fp22g322134443

The Z4C RPO code is absent.

Additionally, your SLP sticker indicates that the 10-spoke chrome wheels were ordered with the Camaro via SLP, and you also stated yourself that the car originally came with the chrome wheels; that said, the 35th Anniversary model could not be ordered with the SLP chrome 10-spokes, since the black machine-faced LE wheels were a unique and identifying factor to the anniversary appearance and could not be separated from the Z4C package or substituted for the SLP chromed. The SLP grille, which is listed on your second-sticker SLP content as well, could also not be ordered with the 35th Anniversary package, because the LE received a unique grille with the gray fill-ins and could not be substituted for the SLP SS grille.

So I guess my question is: why does the SLP sticker from your vehicle have a different VIN on it than your RPO code sticker? Since the CME and the Blackwing are present on the car (relatively rare options), I would speculate that the VIN on your SLP sticker is the correct VIN, and the driver's side door with the RPO codes was replaced with that of an LE. Perhaps you can provide us with a photo of the VIN from the front windshield, which one can surmise will only be: 2G1FP22G322134443, a non-anniversary car, based on the details you've provided. Regardless as to whether the chassis of this car is a true LE, which is extremely doubtful at this point, the thing is hacked to pieces with parts missing and mix-and-matched from everywhere; I would advise against marketing it as a collector car.

Facts.

Now, OP, would you like to sell your SLP SS portfolio separately?

I did notice the vin difference recently. i just checked it, and once again it is a real 35th anniversary car. i dont know why the slp stickers are different but may be it was a mistake done at slp. i will call them and find out.

the grill that is supposed to be in it, via info from slp is this grill

I forgot who i talked to at slp but he did say there were few 35th cars that did come with their wheels (chrome 10 spokes and chrome zr1). this information came directly from slp.

ill tell you what buy the car and ill throw the portfolio in for free.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:57 AM
On The Tree

Damn this getting good.....
Old 09-11-2010, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by renzos23
Damn this getting good.....
Yea that car MIGHT be what he says it is. Looks like one of the doors mustve got replaced, why the VIN tags are different, red overspray on the door sticker. Factory camaro front bumpers say "camaro" right in the middle, this one dont. From the undercar pics it looks like its been driven down dirt roads. This car has been through a lot thats for sure.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I forgot who i talked to at slp but he did say there were few 35th cars that did come with their wheels (chrome 10 spokes and chrome zr1). this information came directly from slp.
I don't see 'chrome 10 spokes' anywhere, ...
I see what appears to be 'silver painted' 10 spoke wheels.
So even that doesn't match what you're saying.

Gotta admit, ..., there's a lot of really odd questions about this car.
You should've just repainted the front bumper properly with the stripes, & either used an aftermarket grill or filled the holes also, ..., & added aftermarket wheels, ..., replaced the rear CME filler panel, & maybe a lot of this wouldn't have even been brought up.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I did notice the vin difference recently. i just checked it, and once again it is a real 35th anniversary car. i dont know why the slp stickers are different but may be it was a mistake done at slp. i will call them and find out.
Perhaps you should - but the easier solution is to just market the car as an "LS1 Camaro." I definitely wouldn't describe the car as "it's all stock," as you did in your first post.

Problems with your "35th Anniversary" car that make it "not-stock":
  • Incorrect wheels
  • The front bumper is missing the stripes
  • The grille has been ripped off
  • Berger panel has been added
  • Each door has a different VIN (wtf)
  • The CME valence has been ripped off
  • The grey "C-A-M-A-R-O" fill ins for the rear bumper, LE specific, have been removed

What you do have going for you:
  • Correct 35th LE interior
  • The roof band of the car is red, as all 35th LE's were
  • The proper 35th badging is on the sides of the car
  • The black accented hood scoop, LE specific, is present

My guess is simply that the car was in a major wreck and needed parts from every which direction. Either way, 35th LE or not, you would have to have more knowledge about this car that you're not telling us - things that would have been uncovered before you bought it (I hope..).

the grill that is supposed to be in it, via info from slp is this grill

This is indeed the highly sought after SLP 35th LE grille, but this grille was not included as a second sticker option on ANY of the cars; it had to be purchased separately from SLP later down the road, as this grille wasn't released until after all of the 3369 anniversary cars were produced. In short: this grille was not included on any cars from the factory, either GM or SLP.

ill tell you what buy the car and ill throw the portfolio in for free.
I've never heard of this. The documents below, including the SLP penetration report, indicate that zero 35th Anniversary models received the chrome 10-spokes, the ZR1's, or the grille.

"Not available on 35th Anniversary models..."

And finally the Camaro breakdown chart for 2002, indicates that 3367 LE cars received the same black machine faced wheels:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet...reakdowns.html

(second post, first attachment, last page)

Last edited by The Bronx Bull; 09-11-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

THose don't look like salad shooters to me.

The day I bought the car. It had LT1 salad shooter wheels. Those came off that very day.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 AM
9 Second Club

flintwrench69 Those are the original doors. Both doors have the same incorrect SLP sticker on them. the Drivers door has the correct GM stickers on it, and all of the windows have the same number etched on them.

PontiacFan Your an idiot. Try reading the previous posts. Thats all Im saying to you.

The Bronx Bull WTF is you problem. you obviously dont want to buy the damn car. Im simply telling you what was told to me by SLP. But you have this Hard on trying to show me up. If you arent interested in buying my damn car leave this thread alone. I am going to call SLP Monday to find out WTF is going on with these stickers. As far as stock is concerned to me is "mechanically stock" there you happy. obviously the car was wrecked in the past, no ****. the berger panel was put on by me, cause i like it. the orignal was broke, somebody over tightened one of the mounting screws and cracked it.

Originally Posted by LS14EVR
THose don't look like salad shooters to me.

The day I bought the car. It had LT1 salad shooter wheels. Those came off that very day.
"Those came off that very day." That means they are not on the damn car.

Last edited by v8sten; 09-12-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

flintwrench69 Those are the original doors. Both doors have the same incorrect SLP sticker on them.
Oh, well that makes it even stranger that both doors have incorrect SLP stickers, with non matching VIN numbers. So what did SLP say of this when you contacted them?
the Drivers door has the correct GM stickers on it, and all of the windows have the same number etched on them.

PontiacFan Your an idiot. Try reading the previous posts. Thats all Im saying to you.

The Bronx Bull WTF is you problem. you obviously dont want to buy the damn car. Im simply telling you what was told to me by SLP. But you have this Hard on trying to show me up.
I dont believe that for a second, Bronx Bull seems very knowledgeable on these cars & is pointing out what should & shouldnt be there on yours. I would say he is trying to help you with your car, you should be thankful. He even pointed out what things your car has that an LE car should have. Comparing your car to an original 35th LE theres a lot of changes been made.
If you arent interested in buying my damn car leave this thread alone. I am going to call SLP Monday to find out WTF is going on with these stickers. As far as stock is concerned to me is "mechanically stock" there you happy. obviously the car was wrecked in the past, no ****. the berger panel was put on by me, cause i like it. the orignal was broke, somebody over tightened one of the mounting screws and cracked it.
Your car is far from being in stock form.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Subscribed.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

The Bronx Bull WTF is you problem. you obviously dont want to buy the damn car. Im simply telling you what was told to me by SLP. But you have this Hard on trying to show me up. If you arent interested in buying my damn car leave this thread alone. I am going to call SLP Monday to find out WTF is going on with these stickers. As far as stock is concerned to me is "mechanically stock" there you happy. obviously the car was wrecked in the past, no ****. the berger panel was put on by me, cause i like it. the orignal was broke, somebody over tightened one of the mounting screws and cracked it.
Yeah, I really don't think anyone that's posted in this thread is interested in buying your car, so it's not just me. A lot of that disinterest is probably sparked from the fact that when one opens a thread for a "35th Anniversary" for sale, they expect to see an unmolested car that actually resembles the Limited Edition model.

As for the doors having a different VIN, good luck finding the solution to that one. I do know that those SLP stickers are almost impossible to tear off of the car without ripping, and I can almost guarantee you that the history of your car being in wrecks is the answer here, not a mistake by SLP.

Anyways, you said previously that you're looking to make an honest sale; then do just that and edit your post, including all of the information you have about the car's previous accidents - and you must have some information. Finally, market the car towards the folks looking for a fun LS1 car - not the collectors looking for a piece of Camaro history.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I honestly think the doors are from a true 35th, the rest, is anybody's guess.

flintwrench69 Those are the original doors. Both doors have the same incorrect SLP sticker on them. the Drivers door has the correct GM stickers on it, and all of the windows have the same number etched on them.
Yes the doors...the rest seems to be a good old run of the mill Camaro. Maybe you are a bit pissed since you got it thinking it was a true 35th, it happens.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chaman
I honestly think the doors are from a true 35th, the rest, is anybody's guess.

Yes the doors...the rest seems to be a good old run of the mill Camaro. Maybe you are a bit pissed since you got it thinking it was a true 35th, it happens.
The only thing that makes me think the chassis may be that of a 35th Anniversary car is the red roof band. If someone was trying to replicate an LE model, the roof band is probably the one thing that they would either forget to swap or wouldn't bother swapping, since it's a PITA.

That said, who knows. A previous owner may have had the infamous "bubbling" in the roof band paint and chose red as a replacement. At this point I'm thinking that the doors have been replaced with those from a non-anniversary car.

Regardless, no one wants to buy a 35th Anniversary car that's barely discernible as such, as I've said before.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:40 PM
9 Second Club

bronx bull then explain all the windows having the same number etched in them (door, t-top, hatch and windshield) and the z4c rpo on the matching vin rpo code sticker. also the y2y rpo code. you do seem knowledgeable but the matter of fact, i am trying to sell this car, obviously im not going to do this here.

flintwrench69 its the weekend i will call them monday as previously stated.

i still think they are original doors, because there is no sign of any stickers being pealed off or remounted no matter what any of you say none of you have seen this car in person all the door stickers look legit. but as said before mistakes are done, this may be the fact here. a mistake may have been done at slp and the wrong stickers may have been put on. the only door that would be questionable about being replaced would be the passengers with the slp options sticker on it. but that idea gets squashed because the window motor and regulator have never been removed and you have to remove that to get the window out. being all the glass has the same number etched in it tells me that all the glass is original and both doors are original. the only thing that looks fishy is the slp stickers. being that each door has 1 slp sticker on it and the slp sticker match each other tells me that a mistake has been done at slp. i will say this again i will calll them this monday (9-13-10) and ask them a few questions. since they built the car they should be able to answer me.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The Bronx Bull WTF is you problem.
Excellent post! Whoo-hoo!! You win!!!!

IBTL, ...,
Old 09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Excellent post! Whoo-hoo!! You win!!!!

IBTL, ...,
Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

bronx bull then explain all the windows having the same number etched in them (door, t-top, hatch and windshield) and the z4c rpo on the matching vin rpo code sticker. also the y2y rpo code. you do seem knowledgeable but the matter of fact, i am trying to sell this car, obviously im not going to do this here.

flintwrench69 its the weekend i will call them monday as previously stated.

i still think they are original doors, because there is no sign of any stickers being pealed off or remounted no matter what any of you say none of you have seen this car in person all the door stickers look legit. but as said before mistakes are done, this may be the fact here. a mistake may have been done at slp and the wrong stickers may have been put on. the only door that would be questionable about being replaced would be the passengers with the slp options sticker on it. but that idea gets squashed because the window motor and regulator have never been removed and you have to remove that to get the window out. being all the glass has the same number etched in it tells me that all the glass is original and both doors are original. the only thing that looks fishy is the slp stickers. being that each door has 1 slp sticker on it and the slp sticker match each other tells me that a mistake has been done at slp. i will say this again i will calll them this monday (9-13-10) and ask them a few questions. since they built the car they should be able to answer me.
It is getting more interesting. Now, I've heard of people who wanted their SLP second-sticker's replaced on their car because of the fading, and I know a few tried to contact SLP to see if they could get some reprints to go with their car. I had never heard of any success stories from this, and I'm certain that SLP would request a proof of ownership for that VIN before giving out any such stickers. That makes it unlikely that those stickers are reproductions, since not only do they look aged and authentic, but it would be quite difficult to obtain a set for a VIN not belonging to your car. Definitely ask them and report back.

Are you sure you don't want to part with the portfolio?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Called SLP today and they couldnt tell me anything I already didnt know, except the SLP sticker vin was to a Black SS Camaro. That Black Camaro is in Troup, TX, I found out though Carfax. Im gunna post a thread in the Texas section and try to find this car and find out if it has my SLP stickers on it. SLP has no record of any 2002 Camaros, and nobody who worked in that section still works there.

Quick Reply: im selling my 35th slp ss