Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

im selling my 35th slp ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v8sten
Called SLP today and they couldnt tell me anything I already didnt know, except the SLP sticker vin was to a Black SS Camaro. That Black Camaro is in Troup, TX, I found out though Carfax. Im gunna post a thread in the Texas section and try to find this car and find out if it has my SLP stickers on it. SLP has no record of any 2002 Camaros, and nobody who worked in that section still works there.
Any signs of black paint on that door?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:43 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS14EVR
Any signs of black paint on that door?
None. Once again they are the original doors.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

None. Once again they are the original doors.
Are you saying this because of that window etching you have talked about? I don't understand the window etching. Maybe I'm missing something. They could have swapped the windows. To be honest, I don't even know what window etching you are talking about.
With as much crap has gone on with this car, I don't think you really need to be concerned with numbers matching etc. Just sell it as a 02 SS. Let the buyer do the research.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Okay. Im lost. So you have SLP stickers that are from another car on yours...but according to SLP, is yours a real 35th SS or not?? I also dont get the window etching either.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Okay. Im lost. So you have SLP stickers that are from another car on yours...but according to SLP, is yours a real 35th SS or not?? I also dont get the window etching either.
I remember back in 95 when I worked at a GM dealer you could get window etching done on your car, IIRC the VIN would get etched on the bottom of the glass. This was supposed to be a theft deterrent feature so maybe thats what he is saying, that the numbers match on the windows. The most confusing thing about this car is why the SLP stickers dont match the cars VIN. That being said, this car is most likely a true 35th LE car. I say this because the VIN sticker on the one door matches the VIN plate under the windshield & it has the Z4C option on the door plate. Neither one of these items looks altered.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So answer these please, ...
1) Does the VIN on the SLP/GM door stickers match the window ecthing VIN number?
That just tells me that they are obivously from the same car/door & produced together.
2) But the VIN on the dash or other places, does NOT match the VIN on the SLP/GM door tag?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I remember back in 95 when I worked at a GM dealer you could get window etching done on your car, IIRC the VIN would get etched on the bottom of the glass. This was supposed to be a theft deterrent feature so maybe thats what he is saying, that the numbers match on the windows. The most confusing thing about this car is why the SLP stickers dont match the cars VIN. That being said, this car is most likely a true 35th LE car. I say this because the VIN sticker on the one door matches the VIN plate under the windshield & it has the Z4C option on the door plate. Neither one of these items looks altered.
Finally somebody understands
Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
1) Does the VIN on the SLP/GM door stickers match the window ecthing VIN number?
That just tells me that they are obivously from the same car/door & produced together.
2) But the VIN on the dash or other places, does NOT match the VIN on the SLP/GM door tag?
1) the number on the window is not the vin number of the car, they have their own number.

2)incorrect, the vin ending in 4409 is the actual vin of my car. the vin ending in 4443 is only on the 2 SLP stickers. 1 slp sticker on each door. if you go back and look at the pictures i posted of the stickers you will see the GM stickers match the vin on the dash plaque.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:35 PM
9 Second Club

i got a hold of the owner of the, vin ending in 4443. now im waiting on a reply back from him.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by chaman
slp can only tell you what color, and gm build number. THE Z4C RPO CODE PROVES IT IS AN ACTUAL 35TH LE CAR.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a hold of the owner of the, vin ending in 4443. now im waiting on a reply back from him.
The black SS from Texas? Wow. Never thought that would happen.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 AM

Default Get the facts straight before you run your mouth

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
it seems to me that none of the numbers on the glass mean ****. the VIN tag under the glass and the VIN tag on the door(GM not SLP) match so that means the car itself is all original(since the stickers haven't been ripped off) the only variable is the SLP stickers. now i know they make very nice, fast and good quality automobiles, but no one is perfect and it looks like they screwed up. if v8sten gets in contact with the 4443 car in texas i'll almost bet that his SLP door stickers have the last four digits of 4409. is it not a possibility that the two cars were at SLP at the same time and SOMEONE(ie HUMAN ERROR) put the wrong stickers on the wrong car. if that's the case all you are arguing whether or not the car is a true SLP not a true 35th LE SS camaro. that was etablished by the two ORIGINAL GM VIN STICKERS matching. and to finish off my little novel here, it's pretty bad for a new member to come on LS1 Tech not even owning an LS1 an know alot more about it than some of you other jackasses that drive them every day.

AND AS FOR THE BRONX BULL YOU ARE JUST AN ARROGANT ****** YANKEE ON HERE TO START ****.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:22 AM
TECH Addict

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by inferno06SRT8
it seems to me that none of the numbers on the glass mean ****. the VIN tag under the glass and the VIN tag on the door(GM not SLP) match so that means the car itself is all original(since the stickers haven't been ripped off) the only variable is the SLP stickers. now i know they make very nice, fast and good quality automobiles, but no one is perfect and it looks like they screwed up. if v8sten gets in contact with the 4443 car in texas i'll almost bet that his SLP door stickers have the last four digits of 4409. is it not a possibility that the two cars were at SLP at the same time and SOMEONE(ie HUMAN ERROR) put the wrong stickers on the wrong car. if that's the case all you are arguing whether or not the car is a true SLP not a true 35th LE SS camaro. that was etablished by the two ORIGINAL GM VIN STICKERS matching. and to finish off my little novel here, it's pretty bad for a new member to come on LS1 Tech not even owning an LS1 an know alot more about it than some of you other jackasses that drive them every day.

AND AS FOR THE BRONX BULL YOU ARE JUST AN ARROGANT ****** YANKEE ON HERE TO START ****.
Well you havent proved anything to us other than your extreme amount of ignorance with that statement. I would say Bronx Bull proved he knows a lot more about this particular kind of car than most that own one of these. Its very possible SLP made a mistake but still this car has been through a lot & is far from stock condition meaning NOT ALL ORIGINAL missing front bumper stripes, front bumper insert, incorrect wheels etc.

Last edited by flintwrench69; 09-15-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

and to finish off my little novel here, it's pretty bad for a new member to come on LS1 Tech not even owning an LS1 an know alot more about it than some of you other jackasses that drive them every day.

And here comes a for a newbie who knows it all, ...
There are a lot of knowledgable people here.
And knowing what they do, presents a lot of questions about this car.
We're all simply trying to get to the bottom of it all & learn the truth.

Absolutely NO NEED for any of you to lash out & start shet by callin' other people names.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

See, I thought that the 'number' on the window, should be the same VIN number on the door & they would match.
I bought a replacement window one time from a salvage yard & it had a VIN number engraved on it.

Okay. On the doors, the SLP(VIN) stickers do NOT match the GM(VIN) stickers.
GM(VIN) does match the car VIN tho.
But the overspray is a telltale sign of paintwork.
Seems odd, & that's all I'm gonna say about that.

1) the number on the window is not the vin number of the car, they have their own number.

2)incorrect, the vin ending in 4409 is the actual vin of my car. the vin ending in 4443 is only on the 2 SLP stickers. 1 slp sticker on each door. if you go back and look at the pictures i posted of the stickers you will see the GM stickers match the vin on the dash plaque.

Last edited by PontiacFan; 09-15-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahh man it's gonna be hell if that guy has the correct sticker lol. just sayin.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is getting good
Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Heh. Actually, you're not too bright; don't flatter yourself.

You've added nothing that hasn't already been established days ago, and your "approval" of this car means nothing. I'm not trying to chastise the topic creator, but rather, make it known that there may be some issues - whether they be purely cosmetic issues, or problems with missing/swapped parts and the VIN number. It's best to make that known beforesomeone blows twelve grand on a car that they find out is no longer in tact - especially when you're dealing with collector cars. An honest sale = divulge all information about the vehicle.

If I'm the "jackass" that knows little about these cars, and I'm "arrogant" enough to receive a call-out from you, I'd like you to please pinpoint a piece of information in my previous posts that is misleading and or entirely incorrect.

Last edited by The Bronx Bull; 09-15-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I wonder from where this idiot came from.

Anyway, no one here is bashing the car we are just genuinely intrigued by what is wrong with the SLP stickers. In fact I believe in a way we are helping this guy to clarify the nature of these issues.

Quick Reply: im selling my 35th slp ss