Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

35th le ss owners,what are your mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35th le ss owners,what are your mods?

to all who own a 35th anniversary limited edition ss,what are you mods?
I ask for several reasons.Being that its a collectible car,isnt there a line to draw when modding one?if there is,what is the line?Ive put a deposit on one,it has 1800 miles,a4 ttop version.It has NO slp options,other than a rear deckmat,ill be picking it up finally in a couple weeks.

ive carefully planned my mods,since its still under warranty until i see if it develops the infamous piston slap.....gmmg catback with cme tips/valance to appear slp optionish,slp 1le suspension system (with the konis),blackwing lid with a kn,160 stat,slp fanswitch,and slp ypipe..since headers are prob a warranty nono,theyll wait.....as far as bolt ons are concerned,if the cost is the same or near it,maybe sending it to gmmg for a phase 1 380 hp would be better,since it cant be warranty voided and will become documented......
Old 04-11-2004, 01:57 PM
NKAWTG...N

if you dont mind the cost then id say go to GMMG, you would make an already rare care that much more rare. It's not the cheapest way to go but damn it is sexy. Everything I plan to do I am planning to be able to take off without much in the way off proof of it ever been there. I have an SLP lid and SLP SFC's. Next i'mbgonna send the lid and get some FRC's to get painted and such. Then get my intake painted. Just mostly appearance. Saving up for a QMP turbo kit, which hopefully I can take on and off kinda easily. but thats way out in the future. Good luck. And we basically have the same car except im m6. Do you have traction control and stock shifter?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

i was thinking the same....6 grand is a little steep,but when you factor in what your getting,its not a bad deal at all.i guess bolt ons and labor could add up to that much anyway.....i think i read somewhere that nineball did a heads and cam on his?it has asr but i though all a4 cars werent offered a shifter option?never even heard of a shifter made for our a4s...
Old 04-12-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i bought my 35th SS and said that I would never mod it. LOL, that didnt work. most of my mods are appearance mods, but i do have some performance ones, like LM exhaust, headers, stb, sfc, getting ready to put some lca's on too. check out my website for my appearance mods.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
NKAWTG...N

travisnd, your car is what i want mine to look like! ur engine bay is sweet! Lol, i hope i dont make it look like all the 35th cars have that engine appearance, doesn't nineball have the same frc's and painted lid? But ya sooo sweet.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:05 PM
NKAWTG...N

Btw, is that ur SS build tavisnd, or ur 35th build? because i'm trying to find out how to get 35th build and i can't! all i have is the ss. when i emailed slp they said they didn't have the 35th.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stoleit
Btw, is that ur SS build tavisnd, or ur 35th build? because i'm trying to find out how to get 35th build and i can't! all i have is the ss. when i emailed slp they said they didn't have the 35th.
I contacted SLP and they gave me my 35th build #. Then when I got my birth certificate for the car from SLP it had my SS build # on it. I dont think nineball has the frc's or lid. though I know that jonss i think had them but he sold his 35th SS.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

who sells that plate that 9ball has on his cylinder head? does slp make it?

i wouldve thought in depth engine mods on these cars would be inappropriate,but i guess it doesnt matter then,since you can return it to stock if ever selling right?wish some more owners would chime in.....

i know im getting those hp evo rims for mine too though,i liked em so much on nineballs car that i became a dealer for them.....the le im getting has no trophy mat and im pissed,does slp sell this too?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Supremacy
who sells that plate that 9ball has on his cylinder head? does slp make it?

i wouldve thought in depth engine mods on these cars would be inappropriate,but i guess it doesnt matter then,since you can return it to stock if ever selling right?wish some more owners would chime in.....

i know im getting those hp evo rims for mine too though,i liked em so much on nineballs car that i became a dealer for them.....the le im getting has no trophy mat and im pissed,does slp sell this too?
SLP does sell the engine plate, thats where I got mine from. I have kept all the stock parts i have taken off just in case. SLP does not sell the trophy mat, they do sell one that says 35th LE, but it is not the one that orginally came with the car. You can buy them from gmpartsdirect.com but they retail for like $540 or something like that. I bought my 35th LE used and it did not come with one. I have since purchased 2 trophy mats off ebay for good deals, that are the orginal trophy mats.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey, check out the awesome price on this 35th SS LE, only 1700 miles too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...472667397&rd=1

I had MBA custom make my engine plate, it was kinda pricey (reverse milled, the red letters actually stick out from the surface). I wanted something different.

So far, I have done:

MTI Stage 2e heads
MTI X1 cam
PPC longtubes with cat Y
MTI dyno tuning
Jantzer ported T-body
SLP smooth bellows
factory dual-dual CME exhaust (love it too much)
Ripper shifter
Hotchkis lowering springs
BMR chromoly tubular lower control arms
BMR relocation brackets
19" HP Racing wheels/Nitto 275/30/19 tires
PA-Racing strut tower brace
chrome plated valvecovers and coil mount bracket
custom airbox decal
AMW catch-can
ASP underdrive pulley
painted intake manifold
painted fuel rails
painted coil packs
painted headlights
SLP 35th LE grille with black vinyl decals added
Z06 front and rear brake calipers
drilled/slotted iRotors disks
BMR front swaybar
1LE rear swaybar
Trans Am dash gauge bezel
Afterthoughts Auto dash plaque
Firebird power antenna
clear front corner lights

Dang thats a long list! I was going to keep the car stock

All of the original parts I've removed and stored away. Every single part. All of the stuff I've done is reversible. I've even saved the original heads, cam, exhaust manifolds, wheels/tires, etc... Someday that will make a collector happy if I ever sell the car.

Oh yeah, I bought an extra 35th SS trophy mat off ebay for about $100. SLP was selling them also. I also bought an extra set of 35th SS floor mats for show use only.

Tony
Old 04-13-2004, 11:54 PM
NKAWTG...N

I bought mine used, I'm actually the 3rd owner. The car just turned 3k. I have the trophy mat, but no floor mats. I'm gonna get the floor mats for show use only like nineball. And I guess I need to buy me a birth cirtificate...
Old 04-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Mine is totally stock....No slp options other than hood/spoiler....stock shifter and exhaust.....Planning on sending mine to GMMG once I sell a motorcycle.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

nineball,you killed it on that list.and pretty much answered my question.i guess i can do whatever i want as long as all the ORIGINAL parts are saved for in case.

what about your warranty with all those mods?

btw travisnd,your underhood is F;CKING SICK,i about fell off my chair when i saw it.nineball,any new pics of your car?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

warranty? LOL. GM warranties pretty much suck anyways, I can fix most things myself.

All my current pics are here: www.35thSS.com
Old 04-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Launching!

hey this is clint chiming in i to have a 35th ann ss le t-top 6sd car ,right now my mods are k&n filter,mba engine plate in red (its much nicer than the slp one)a/c cansiter decal from teri i'm just gonna stick with simple bolt ons like maf,smooth bellow,better y-pipe,and all the cool trailing arms panhard bar torque tube then a nos kit and i'll be very happy with a 12.00second car.i will not ever sell my car but will keep everything that i do remove my car by has every slp option on it the guy who order it spent like 40,000 for the car and then just traded it in on a new vette i found it locally just searching the web one night everything was still in the plastic bags never used the tropy mat car cover key fobs floor mats all the paperwork i really lucked out so for this reason i'm gonna keep it fairlly stock there will alwayls be somebody out there with more money and time to spend on theres and will be much faster than mine thats the way i look at it well if any one wants to e-mail me feel free with pics of your le ss camaro (ih8ford@earthlink.net)see ya clint
Old 04-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

so far nineball wins the mod list by 10 miles.....my aim as far as mods is to keep the car within factory/slp options until my warranty runs out,wich i need for the infamous piston slap (when i test drove it,i heard it,then went away once warm,1800 miles!!) or any other major problems that might occur.anyone with the 35th le have the optional slp le suspension (konis)?this is one upgrade im seriously considering.along with appearance stuff of course.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:59 AM
Launching!

I have the bilstein package and springs ,this is my first 4th gen. camaro and don't have any friends with new camaros so a can't really compare it to any thing compared to my 86 monte carlo ss the camaro is worlds apart as far as handling and ride the cd player does skip on hard bumps though .clint (go luck with your mods supremacy)
Old 04-15-2004, 10:56 PM
NKAWTG...N

Got me a cut out now haven't put it on but its on the to-do list.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Teching In

im only seventeen but i got a 35th back in August and i absoltely love it. I dont have a whole lote of mods yet but it runs pretty well. 12.40's after only about 200bucks.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:27 PM
NKAWTG...N

just dynoed...thats stock+lid. not even any free mods.

Quick Reply: 35th le ss owners,what are your mods?