11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, But, I would rather look at the paintings instead of 2 pieces of plastic
Old 12-04-2006, 07:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Yeah, But, I would rather look at the paintings instead of 2 pieces of plastic

There's more carbon fibre than plastic and I consider them a work of art. Here's the view of them from my desk:

-Dave
Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

The pic on the left looks like a WS.6?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dan
The pic on the left looks like a WS.6?

It's one of the original pencil renderings of the prototype '98 Firehawk.

-Dave
Old 12-04-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is kinda off topic dave, but if i remember correctly, i think i remember readin somethin about how you guys kinda got the shaft from gm on firehawk.org. am i dreamin, or did i really read this. for some reason it just poped in my head...? can we go there or no? on a side note, ever find the 93 bellow casting molds? you know, ill be askin santa for one. and would you ever be interested in letting go of some of those pencil drawings? got any from a previous model, say 93??? hell, id honestly be interested
Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Post some nice pics or scans of those renderings! I'd love to see those, that is stuff that the enthusiasts never get to enjoy, the concept phase of design.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Dave I'm not so sure that a windowsill is the right display location for such works of art. Don't worry though, I think I have a place they were made for.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Post some nice pics or scans of those renderings! I'd love to see those, that is stuff that the enthusiasts never get to enjoy, the concept phase of design.

I have just about all of the renderings dating back to the late '80's. One day when I have time I'll dig them out of deep storage.

-Dave
Old 12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats awesome, you have any from the 92 cars
Old 12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LT1_Hawk
thats awesome, you have any from the 92 cars

I may, but my '92 stuff is limited as most of it was destroyed in the fire at SLP years ago.

-Dave
Old 12-09-2006, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

As cool as this thread has turned out to be, I'm going to drag it back to its original purpose now.

My final Firehawk can be had for the first $32.5K if bought before Christmas. Otherwise , it will be stashed until the spring auction season starts.

The '98 can be had for 25K under the same conditions.

If one sells, the other stays.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Additional FYI: I will consider a part trade if need be.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

OK guys, I want opinions on the value of both cars. Be honest, I just want to know what you think.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Food for thought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camino LS6
OK guys, I want opinions on the value of both cars. Be honest, I just want to know what you think.
Worth every penny... IMHO. ~Joshua
Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Thanks!

Other opinions?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

NADA pricing:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...312&da=-1&nx=2
Old 12-11-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Camino LS6
Thanks!

Other opinions?
*Sure, ..., No wait, I'd better not, everyone will say 'no tact', ...*

Seriously tho, ..., You've had these up for sale for a long time. You have to realize sooner or later that the price just isn't where other buyers are calculating the buy price no matter how much history is going with the cars.

I'm not stating the cars value. I'm stating my own opinions on the subject at hand. If they don't match yours, or someone elses, it's common process. No need to hate me for it.

The white convertible you mentioned above is not exactly the same page. It is a car with less than 2500 miles on it. How many on your two cars, I forgot? The one mentioned above being a convertible also, a 'vert usually brings a couple more thousand$. It appears there are two bidders interested in that car, both willing to bring the bid up too early. One of them is going lose a car they really want.

It seems that not too many people are interested in the historical value of these two cars that you have up for sale. Comparable cars are going for $5k-8k less than your listed prices. Look at the For Sale section there are quite a few Firehawks listed these days, with few takers. I understand they don't have the 'last one' or '98' thing going for them, but those facts just don't seem to matter to too many people.

Joshua, you should know from experience with this 'bling-mobile', that even at $22.5k it's hard to find serious interest. In your opinon, what makes your car worth so much less that these two? You state 'worth every penny', yet you are willing to take much less for yours.

If you can't find a serious bidder on here or eBay, I'd have to suggest Barrett-Jackson to see if there's some person wanting it/them for a true collectible. The main buyer you'll find here is someone who wants a driver or weekend cruiser. And no one wants to put up that kind of money when they can buy the same car for less. Again, the historical facts don't seem to mean much to the buyer crowd here.

Try this, start a new thread with a poll listed in dollars asking straight out, what would people 'seriously pay' for one of these cars you have if they had the funds to do so. $18-20, $20-22, $22-25, ..., See what the polls come up with. Note 'pay' for one of these. Not what personal value they would place on them. If I had to value my own, it would be high also. If I wanted to seriously sell it, I'd have to meet facts & realization head on.

Again, I'm not here to say 'your price is too high' with no tact. I'm simply sharing my thoughts about the cars/value for someone who wants the vehicles for their history.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I much rather have the last car to roll off the production line. Then a car that was made after the plant closed. It was like you were trying to make the car bigger then it was.The pilot car would have been nice if it came with the headlights and all but since it didn't, not sure i would be willing to spent alot more for that car then say a ws6 version.
I hope you get what you want it will only help all us fbody lovers if we find ourself needing to sell ours.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Bottom line is 4th gens are and will continue to be soft-that's why they stopped making them.Even the GM built 1LE third and fouth gens with collector level mileage are barely pulling their msrp.Show me any fourth gen fbod in the wrapper(excluding an HO SS)that pulls it's original window sticker.Problem is people bought these with the thought of them being collector cars and five years later the woods are full of them waitng to be sold for a loss.I love these and have owned/own several but the market sets the value unfortunately.

Quick Reply: The last Firehawk and the '98 pilot car