Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

The last Firehawk and the '98 pilot car

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Firehawks and special WS6's hold their value the best. I think your last production 'hawk would sell at some point. It is also a 1LE.

The pilot car is more a special case. It's hard to say what that is worth.

Dave you guys should make an aftermarket headlight for the 98-02 birds, I can tell there is a strong market for them.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
*Sure, ..., No wait, I'd better not, everyone will say 'no tact', ...*

Seriously tho, ..., You've had these up for sale for a long time. You have to realize sooner or later that the price just isn't where other buyers are calculating the buy price no matter how much history is going with the cars.

I'm not stating the cars value. I'm stating my own opinions on the subject at hand. If they don't match yours, or someone elses, it's common process. No need to hate me for it.

The white convertible you mentioned above is not exactly the same page. It is a car with less than 2500 miles on it. How many on your two cars, I forgot? The one mentioned above being a convertible also, a 'vert usually brings a couple more thousand$. It appears there are two bidders interested in that car, both willing to bring the bid up too early. One of them is going lose a car they really want.

It seems that not too many people are interested in the historical value of these two cars that you have up for sale. Comparable cars are going for $5k-8k less than your listed prices. Look at the For Sale section there are quite a few Firehawks listed these days, with few takers. I understand they don't have the 'last one' or '98' thing going for them, but those facts just don't seem to matter to too many people.

Joshua, you should know from experience with this 'bling-mobile', that even at $22.5k it's hard to find serious interest. In your opinon, what makes your car worth so much less that these two? You state 'worth every penny', yet you are willing to take much less for yours.

If you can't find a serious bidder on here or eBay, I'd have to suggest Barrett-Jackson to see if there's some person wanting it/them for a true collectible. The main buyer you'll find here is someone who wants a driver or weekend cruiser. And no one wants to put up that kind of money when they can buy the same car for less. Again, the historical facts don't seem to mean much to the buyer crowd here.

Try this, start a new thread with a poll listed in dollars asking straight out, what would people 'seriously pay' for one of these cars you have if they had the funds to do so. $18-20, $20-22, $22-25, ..., See what the polls come up with. Note 'pay' for one of these. Not what personal value they would place on them. If I had to value my own, it would be high also. If I wanted to seriously sell it, I'd have to meet facts & realization head on.

Again, I'm not here to say 'your price is too high' with no tact. I'm simply sharing my thoughts about the cars/value for someone who wants the vehicles for their history.

No worries, I don't hate you. You do raise some good points in this post and I like your poll idea. The cars are both low-mile: the 02 is at 4,700 and the '98 at 23,000.

Yeah, they have both been available for sale for quite a while. However aside from the old ebay auction they haven't been listed anywhere other than enthusiast websites so I haven't been trying too hard to sell them.

The auction idea may be the best of all but it won't be B-J as that isn't do-able for me. I may try the Carlisle auction in the spring or another auction a bit closer than Arizona. I'd rather sell to someone who knows and loves these cars but that's not working out so well.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess as an example, That vert on e-bay, What was the price new on that thing? 40K? They are taking a 10k hit on a 2500 mile car. The cars just are not holding value
Old 12-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Launching!

See where this one goes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...QQcmdZViewItem

Like the IROC spoiler,but not as much as the formy jmo.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
See where this one goes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...QQcmdZViewItem

Like the IROC spoiler,but not as much as the formy jmo.
Now that one is overpriced.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Well, the vert on ebay is at $28,600 with the Buy It Now reduced to $30,500. I think this shows where the market stands right now pretty well. My current price for the 02 is only 2k more than his B.I.N. price, so I think I'm exactly where I should be on price for the last Hawk ever built.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camino LS6
Well, the vert on ebay is at $28,600 with the Buy It Now reduced to $30,500. I think this shows where the market stands right now pretty well. My current price for the 02 is only 2k more than his B.I.N. price, so I think I'm exactly where I should be on price for the last Hawk ever built.

I would put it in Hemmings and Cars on line.com..have found the level of buyers are of a more serious nature as compared to ebay etc.I think you are limiting your potential sale by only posting on here and firehawk-everyone pretty much already owns an Fbod that reads these threads jmho

Awesome car that should be in a big collection!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
I would put it in Hemmings and Cars on line.com..have found the level of buyers are of a more serious nature as compared to ebay etc.I think you are limiting your potential sale by only posting on here and firehawk-everyone pretty much already owns an Fbod that reads these threads jmho

Awesome car that should be in a big collection!
Thanks man, I agree with you on Hemmings/cars on line.

Quick Reply: The last Firehawk and the '98 pilot car