Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

question about slp cars or ss cars??????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
Every SS made from 1996-2002 regardless of content, came to SLP.

All Firehawks went through our assembly lines as well as all Comp T/A's.

All 1996-1997 WS6's were done at our facility and per an agreement with ASC a bunch of later model WS6's were also produced by SLP.

-Dave
whoops, didn't see this one before I made my post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Launching!

people have funny misconceptions of what slp is...cracks me up when people ask if I have an slp ss...I'm always like what's slp stand for I don think I've heard of them...I had one guy tell me all about his "slp" v6...apparently if you have a slp car or say that you do that makes it FAST! lol Boy I'm happy mines a SLP SS it must run like 10s stock.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

apparently if you have a slp car or say that you do that makes it FAST
It definitely Helps, A Very Good Starting Point!!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Regular

LOL .. only here an we get straight from the Horses mouth information --- God i love this site ~ Oh and Dave thanks for all the work you have done for our precious F-Bods ... i do have 1 more question though .... The 30th Anniversary T/A's did SLP see them at all ??
Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Transamman25
LOL .. only here an we get straight from the Horses mouth information --- God i love this site ~ Oh and Dave thanks for all the work you have done for our precious F-Bods ... i do have 1 more question though .... The 30th Anniversary T/A's did SLP see them at all ??

We didn't touch the 30th T/A's - There were 3 30th cars that were built as Pilot Firehawks and I believe only one is still around.

-Dave
Old 11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by drews94z-28
people have funny misconceptions of what slp is...cracks me up when people ask if I have an slp ss...I'm always like what's slp stand for I don think I've heard of them...I had one guy tell me all about his "slp" v6...apparently if you have a slp car or say that you do that makes it FAST! lol Boy I'm happy mines a SLP SS it must run like 10s stock.
Actually, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember a "performance package" of some sort offered on some V6 f-bods by SLP at one time. So that guy may not be as far out in left field as you may think.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Actually, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember a "performance package" of some sort offered on some V6 f-bods by SLP at one time. So that guy may not be as far out in left field as you may think.

SLP had several packages for the V6 cars, but one thing I failed to mention is that SLP produced all of the Camaro RS and Firebird GT vehicles as well as the vehicles mentioned above.

Regards,

David
Old 11-30-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
I don't have the file in front of me, but during the LS1 WS6 production SLP was contracted by ASC to paint and upfit the package to the WS6. There were a few thousand, maybe more that were done - but officially they were done by ASC.

-Dave
I did not know this.Good info.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kenp
This is absolutely correct! I do not have a second door sticker because my car did not have any options beyond the base SS package. My car still went to SLP for the hood and trunk and badging, and SLP has the records of my SS, the build date, options, and SLP build #. Mine was/is # 7 of 2002.

GM didn't even have any advertising budget for the SS. It was all put together and promoted by SLP with their money with no guarantees that even one SS would be ordered/built.

You guys who don't know what you're talking about need to hush up.
i read and learn from you guys on this site and hold your knowledge in highest regards. i am constantly asking questions about what i have read or heard thru you guys to have any wrong info corrected. so if im asking its because i dont know and im trying to better round my overall knowledge of our cars because i find it interesting. i like to have my misconceptions corrected, but being told to hush up, i do not. thats very good info i did not know that about ss cars.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

I think kenp's point was that many time guys start spouting information they learned 2nd or 3rd hand as gospel "facts" when they haven't bothered to confirm that info via another source, closer to the original facts. Then when they are confronted with the real factual truth, they debate it and try to defend their position as if they aren't man enough to admit that maybe they were wrong and they've learned something new. It's OK to not know everything, nobody CAN. I'll be the first to admit that while I've been around this board for a long time and know quite alot about f-bods and trivia thereof, I still learn new things about them all the time, like the fact that SLP did some sub-contracted work on LS1 WS6s. And some folks didn't realize SLP offered packages for V6 f-bods. The point is, keep an open mind, you might learn something new, and if you don't know info 1st hand or have colaborated it by another reliable source that would know the facts 1st hand, don't throw it out there like it's gospel. There is enough mis-information floating around about our cars, no need to perpetuate it.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Launching!

agreed and well put sir.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

ok i checked mine, i got the pass side sticker. just says chrome 10 spokes, suspension, car cover, mats, keys fobs etc. i seen the sticker on page one and his says auburn. why doesn't mine say that?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
ok i checked mine, i got the pass side sticker. just says chrome 10 spokes, suspension, car cover, mats, keys fobs etc. i seen the sticker on page one and his says auburn. why doesn't mine say that?
That door sticker is only going to list what options your car was ordered with. The Auburn diff was an option from SLP. Looks like you got most of the goodies except that.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BillyDaKid
I'm guessing that no one will dispute this.
I dispute this... lol.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t-rocks firehawk
i read and learn from you guys on this site and hold your knowledge in highest regards. i am constantly asking questions about what i have read or heard thru you guys to have any wrong info corrected. so if im asking its because i dont know and im trying to better round my overall knowledge of our cars because i find it interesting. i like to have my misconceptions corrected, but being told to hush up, i do not. thats very good info i did not know that about ss cars.
Asking questions is one thing, making definitive and incorrect assertions of fact is something altogether different and something that happens far too often around these here parts. Frankly, I don't know exactly what you may have stated in previous posts in this thread and I'm not going to go back and look at all of it, because what I had to say was not directed at any one person. It was a general admonition.

"Hush up" is a polite southern way of advising someone who has exceeded his/her limitations to reassess their position. I never aim to offend anyone on any of these posts, but as I read what some folks write, I am often reminded of the old saw, "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

And I am not nor do I fancy myself an expert about F-body cars, this is just one of those subject-matter issues I do know about that has been hashed about numerous times and the same old misinformation resurfaces each time.

Quick Reply: question about slp cars or ss cars??????????