Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

tom henry ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default tom henry ss

i know there are a few of you avidly pursuing these and their history, well found one while car shopping

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
Old 09-06-2008, 02:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its in November 2008 issue of GM High-Tech Performance. Guess guy sold it for 22k. Then this dealer got ahold of it. Also on ebay.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=882743&page=2

Says he sold it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...927&highlight=

Ebay Link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 09-07-2008, 04:44 PM

Someone is going to makd some cash on it.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sad to see someone buy it tu turn around and sell it I whish I had the funds to pull the trigger and purchased it while it was on Ebay. I hope this dealer is stuck with it for sometime.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Default tom henry

this is a 2001 tom henry ss number 1 of 3 made that year gave me goose bumps nice car

Last edited by dans96ss; 05-15-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dans96ss
this is a 2001 tom henry ss number 1 of 3 made that year gave me goose bumps nice car
Love the car looks like she is not to well taken car of the nose looks to have a lot of rash on her.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Saw this car in Tom's shop back in 2004 I believe. Complete driveline out of the car. Rebuild on the engine if memory serves me correctly. Also had front and rear bumper damage, needing paint. I think the original owner was from the Butler, Pa. area. From what I remember, this car was rode hard and put away filthy. Certainly deserves to be pampered as it ages. There can only be one first of any special edition and this one started the TH legacy.
Wish I still had my TH but life happens. If anyone knows about TH #8 Sebring Silver hardtop, 6 spd., I would be interested in an update as to its whereabouts and condition.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

what makes these worth 40k new? Im not familiar with the TH's,,i did read the article in my new GMHTP,,but really don't see what makes them so special...do they really go for 40k? sorry for being an idiot.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

The Tom Henry's are GMMG cars. That alone makes them special, but they are also some of the rarest of the GMMG cars.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Considering that only 32 TH cars were produced. (3)"01's", (29)"02's, TH cars are by far the lowest number of units offered and modified by GMMG. This does not include the ZL or Harrell car offerings. Only history will determine the value of these rare Camaros. There is certainly a good indication from the Yenko, Motion, Dana, Berger.....etc. cars from the past, that all the GMMG cars will be collectible and desirable in years to come. Hard to guess the values expected for these cars but I would imagine the more known names would add $$$ to the asking prices while the limited total of TH cars will add $$$ to those cars. Regardless, it will be quite a few years before the big money is seen attached to these cars. If you have one, hang on to it and hope that the collector car hobby continues to grow. If you are so inclined, drive them as that is what they were intended for. May want to start stocking up on spare parts to replace worn or broken pieces. Never too late to plan for the future.
Now that it has been almost 10 years since the 1st GMMG Berger offering (2000), I think it would be a great event if someone could put a reunion of as many of the GMMG cars together. Historically significant and a well deserved chapter in Camaro lore.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02ss380hp
Considering that only 32 TH cars were produced. (3)"01's", (29)"02's, TH cars are by far the lowest number of units offered and modified by GMMG. This does not include the ZL or Harrell car offerings. Only history will determine the value of these rare Camaros. There is certainly a good indication from the Yenko, Motion, Dana, Berger.....etc. cars from the past, that all the GMMG cars will be collectible and desirable in years to come. Hard to guess the values expected for these cars but I would imagine the more known names would add $$$ to the asking prices while the limited total of TH cars will add $$$ to those cars. Regardless, it will be quite a few years before the big money is seen attached to these cars. If you have one, hang on to it and hope that the collector car hobby continues to grow. If you are so inclined, drive them as that is what they were intended for. May want to start stocking up on spare parts to replace worn or broken pieces. Never too late to plan for the future.
Now that it has been almost 10 years since the 1st GMMG Berger offering (2000), I think it would be a great event if someone could put a reunion of as many of the GMMG cars together. Historically significant and a well deserved chapter in Camaro lore.

Good post! Actually the Performance Edition Firebird was the lowest production total at 19 built(excluding the PR1 car) Truly the burning question as to future value on the GMMG cars. Most of the owners of them now grew up with earlier gens,and are having a rennaisance with these versions.It's hard to say who will find these collectable in twenty years,it's not going to be someone who's first car was an an Integra R. There's only about 550 of them,so that is a pretty low total for such along time span of production. I think the ZL1's,signed Intimidators,and any phase III cars will always bring solid valuations. As always the lowest mile,relatively rare examples will be the one's that high end collectors will open up their wallets for.

If you look at some of the base cars floating around for sale with high mileage,they can currently be had for 50% of what they sold for new. Case in point the car being discussed in this thread. It's is a low mileage example in a one of one color combo. It was bought by a flipper in the low twenties,and it's advertised in the mid thirties at a dealer(good luck on getting anywhere near that) But the market these does seem to change with time.

Three years ago you could find a P3 ZL1 for well under 100k,try finding one for less than 130k now. One day these will be "discovered " in the same fashion as the other dealer network cars from back in the day. Remember,like the BM,Bill Thomas,DANA,etc cars these were only regionally marketed.. I'll bet 95% of people that owned fbod's over the last four decades have never even heard of them. These are very special cars, Matt has done more to keep the Fbody flame alive in the last six years than GM has that's for sure!

Hopefully he will finally get a well deserved thanks for his passionate efforts when that happens,and the first people in line should be GM execs if the joint is still around at that point. JMHO

Last edited by LateBrakeU2; 09-14-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I think this guy did alot of road racing/autocross racing with this car, might explain the front and rear needing repairs.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Teching In

There will be ten (10) 2002 Collector Edition Trans AM Blackbirds not counting any prototype(s).

Quick Reply: tom henry ss