delete if needed, but what happened with ARE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default delete if needed, but what happened with ARE?

Lock or delete if needed, but I think many of us are curious, mainly if they are having problems, and we should be staying away from them, a la TCS? I know they have been getting hit pretty bad lately for service etc.
I am by no means trying to stir up ****, I'm just curious, as well as others here, I'm sure.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Re: delete if needed, but what happened with ARE?

I went to visit with them last week. They are swamped with work. You don't get that way from "having problems". Wade is a stand up guy and trys extremely hard to satisfy his customers. In this business, it's not easy.

Mikey (ARE 436 quickest N/A LS1)
Old 10-16-2003, 07:24 AM
7 Second Club

Old 10-16-2003, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with their product, I just didn't know if the non-respsones were a bad sign, and then them selling off the 67's motor, just got me a little scared. I'd hate for them to leave the scene entirely. I think they are great for the Gen III scene!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:19 AM
7 Second Club

Default Re: delete if needed, but what happened with ARE? *DELETED*

Old 10-16-2003, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

I am a god-fearing Christian, and I don't lie.

We have not been paid for 3rd quarter advertising, and 4th quarter is past due.

No attempt has been made by them in the last three weeks to let us know what is going on.

The way I was brought up, folks would return phone calls or emails in a timely fashion.

I am not going to beat around the bush on stuff like this.

ADMIN
Old 10-16-2003, 11:10 AM
9-Second Club

I agree with their product, I just didn't know if the non-respsones were a bad sign, and then them selling off the 67's motor, just got me a little scared. I'd hate for them to leave the scene entirely. I think they are great for the Gen III scene!
I sold my personal stuff to buy a house, I`m sure many of us have been in that situation, Ive played for the last 19 yrs, time for a break!!
Old 10-16-2003, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

The LS1TECH Admin and Staff members took a vote and decided that suspending ARE's sponsor rights for the remainder of this quarter was the best route to follow at this time. Numerous member complaints on delivery, lack of customer service, and outstanding debts owed to members, staff, and other vendors. LS1TECH received a check from ARE for 3rd quarter advertising, but the check did not clear. We re-issued an invoice at the time 4th quarter invoices were going around, and still have not received advertising funds. Its now been 107 days without payment. That was the final straw.

This will be the first time we have had to suspend a sponsor. It wasn't an easy decision for LS1TECH to make, as we are quite fond of the ARE crew. Hopefully, they can get things more organized and turn the customer service complaints around by the end of the quarter. I think they have the potential.

Tony
Old 10-16-2003, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

PSJ, NineBall:
I knew we could count on you to shoot straight. Thanks not going all "ls1.com" on us
I sincerely hope ARE gets it together, they are a driving force in the Gen III world. Competition only makes the products better!
Old 10-16-2003, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Absolutely, but in the end if folks are too busy to handle the business side they need to hire more people.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,005 Posts

The LS1TECH Admin and Staff members took a vote and decided that suspending ARE's sponsor rights for the remainder of this quarter was the best route to follow at this time. Numerous member complaints on delivery, lack of customer service, and outstanding debts owed to members, staff, and other vendors. LS1TECH received a check from ARE for 3rd quarter advertising, but the check did not clear. We re-issued an invoice at the time 4th quarter invoices were going around, and still have not received advertising funds. Its now been 107 days without payment. That was the final straw.

This will be the first time we have had to suspend a sponsor. It wasn't an easy decision for LS1TECH to make, as we are quite fond of the ARE crew. Hopefully, they can get things more organized and turn the customer service complaints around by the end of the quarter. I think they have the potential.

Tony
Thanks for shooting it straight...LS1.com never would.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess it just takes some people longer to get the hint than others, "Oh just put some block sealer in that 14K long block it will be ok". Or how about "that damn Sean Freese character was the reason you had so many problems from the very begining" , How about 9.69 @ 141, only thing that changed was the engine builder. I have a whole lot more that does'nt have anything to do with "customer service", but I'll just get off of my soap box and shut up now.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Most of the negative stuff you hear is one side of a story.People have 3-4 year old heads that were the best available at the time and now want the latest and greatest for free.Others have mystery problems that ARE will fix for free and the party refuses to bring them the car so all of a sudden their the bad guys.
Sure ARE can do outstanding stuff for you...if they want too...either way the price is the same.

A ~$20,000 396 LT4 stroker that made 353rwhp. This is what it made AFTER it came back from ARE the second time. It's relevant because this was the same sort of work that was sent to several unsuspecting LS1 customers as recently as the middle/later part of 2002.

Was ~15 months ~12 folks got ARE Stage 2 heads that were only good for 360rwhp to 380rwhp. At least 1/2 of these folks were on this board. ARE was forced to fix most of the mess after several months. Most of these customers were not asking for free upgrades but asking for what they paid for in the first place and didn't get. While other heads were making 400+ lots of ARE packages were down on power. People were blasted for daring to question ARE head work. Folks were talking about switching stock heads back on to see if the cars would gain power over the ARE stuff. Most of the issue was bad valve jobs. Other sponser fixed several set of ARE heads and the cars gained ~20rwhp in some cases.

Same time period there was a ARE Long Block with their heads and cam that was only good for 357rwhp.

For the last few months their was an issue with a turbo 427 they built. ARE got the "tuner version" of the turbo package which means they accept responsibility for making the it work correctly. ARE installed the set up, ARE picked the fuel system, ARE tuned it, yet ARE was blameless and it was all Quarter Mile Performances fault.

Maybe they can fix the problems, I hope they do, in fact it's obvious ARE has improved greatly since Nick took a hike.

Old 10-17-2003, 10:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

No more bandwagoning, that last thread looks like you posted every fourth-hand thing you read on the internet.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:46 PM
8 second mod

I feel that ARE was the best in the buisines in 98-99, then they never realy progressed, and have been working on a name they built instead of moving up. I have heard nothing good about them or their products.
My car was supposed to get a ARE heads/Cam set up, But After the questions where asked and not answered, it scared me away. So I stuck with what i knew. They didnt talk to me or give me any info, specs, nothing. They had bad customer service, and High$$$$$$.
Just My .02
Old 10-17-2003, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Well, my car is there right now getting some work done. I'm confident in their ability to get the car rolling. It's not always easy to get ahold of them, but if I keep trying, I usually do get through. Everytime I've been there they have been swamped. So apparently others are also confident in their ability. My opinion wont change until the end result becomes less than expected.

They still have the fastest LSx F-body...
Old 10-17-2003, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

PSJ, NineBall:
Feel free to lock this one before everyone and his brother piles on. Like I said, I asked because I wanted to know what happened, not to stir **** up. You two answered, and now the **** is getting stirred. Once again, thanks for shooting straight!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

If ARE has`nt paid their bill for advertising on this site,that is stealing!I`ll take my buisness elsewhere.I hate theives..