Paging Scoggin Dickey.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 11:58 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Paging Scoggin Dickey.

There's several parts that I needed to purchase and I wanted to know if you could be of some help. Well here is my dilemma...GM Parts Direct has great prices on all the parts that I need, no one can beat them, however, the shipping and handling on all the parts is outrageous! There is actually 6 parts that I need to purchase and all of them added up wouldnt weigh no more than 10 lbs if that. Anyhow, I entered all the part numbers that I needed and went to checkout, and the shipping for all the parts was going to be $52! For someone who is only purchasing 1 or 2 things doesnt really affect them, but for someone who is buying several parts with a few small items, it really hurts them. Their rates are all fixed as far as shipping and handling goes. Each individual part is boxed and whatnot and that really comes out of the consumer's pocket! There is a bracket and lever that I need that goes for 3 bucks each and the shipping on the bracket is like $6 and $4 on the lever. Its crazy, the shipping and handling is more than the part itself! Anyhow, I was wondering if you could work me out a good deal with the parts that I needed? I know that ya'll cant match GM Parts Direct prices, but if you could cut me a good deal on the parts and give me one shipping rate for all the parts instead of on each individual parts, it would really help me out. Thank you so much and let me know if you can help me out by private messaging or emailing me.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT? are they still here?
Old 02-10-2004, 12:35 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

They're not fortunate enough to browse the internet looking for sales all day. In fact, if you call them half of the salesmen have never seen or heard of LS1tech.com. Have your part numbers ready if you know them, and they will be more than happy to help you get the parts you need and the shipping will be allot more reasonable than GMPartsWhoredOut.com
1-800-456-0211
Old 02-10-2004, 06:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

SDPC prices to the door are normally at least $4-$5 cheaper than the other place.

Like Joseph said. Give them a call.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:24 PM
9 Second Club NA

True. Thats why I never replied to this thread again because I just gave them a call and they gave me a good price. They couldnt necessarily meet GM parts direct prices, but they saved me about $30 for everything shipped. You just have to watch out what you buy from GMPD because they will get you on the shipping. Some stuff is worth it, some isnt.

Last edited by NVMySS; 02-10-2004 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NVMySS
True. Thats why I never replied to this thread again because I just gave them a call and they gave me a good price. They couldnt necessarily meet GM parts direct prices, but they saved me about $30 grand total with shipping. You just have to watch out what you buy from GMPD because they will get you on the shipping. Some stuff is worth it, some isnt.
you saved 30 Grand, wow lol
Old 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NVMySS
True. Thats why I never replied to this thread again because I just gave them a call and they gave me a good price. They couldnt necessarily meet GM parts direct prices, but they saved me about $30 for everything shipped. You just have to watch out what you buy from GMPD because they will get you on the shipping. Some stuff is worth it, some isnt.
GMPD has lower price, but higher shipping costs to cover for that. They are basically the same as everyone else who has higher prices and lower shipping. At least that has always been the case for me...including Scoggin Dickey.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

From SD website:

Price Busters Guarantee
Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center will beat the total delivered price* for GM Performance Parts, Mopar Performance Parts or Ford SVO Racing Parts that are in stock (at SDPC) at the time you place your order.

Due to constantly changing prices in the industry, SDPC will require proof of advertising before matching or beating the advertised price.

You may show proof of advertising by providing a link to that web page, or magazine name, and issue number. SDPC reserves the right to limit quantity on any and all purchases.

*Total delivered price is the price of the part plus shipping charges.
That being said, they really screwed me when my car was down and sent a water pump to me ground. I specifically called and requested it to be sent next-day-air. Seems the sales guy didn't hear that part.

Quick Reply: Paging Scoggin Dickey.