Ls1 Source Gp On Vfn Hoods!!!!! Ends April 9th @ Midnight

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do I need to do to get my tax refund?
Old 05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jeanie, I dont see the policies you were quoting earlier and now on your website anywhere. Went through all the pages. You might want to add it if I missed it. Regardless Bill got the delivery from someone there so you are just as much at fault. Poor customer satisfaction!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys saying VFN told you they will give their next customers better prices for the same product? Sounds like a royal screwin to me...better not happen.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:25 PM
FormerVendor

Hi Guys.....
I appologize for this entire mess of a gp......
We will not get a bad rep for these gp's as we have done several over the course of the 2-3 years that we sponsered this board...We thank everyone who has ordered from our company and look forward to doing more business in the future with everyone here....
We have never had "hidden charges" on our gp's as this is NOT the way we conduct business here at VFN....we are a family owned shop and have been in business for well over 35years...90% of our customers are either referred by word of mouth or are repeat customers, we would not have this reputation if we promised things to our customers that were not true...
To give Bill credit, we were notified a few times during the gp...mostly to re-work prices that he initially posted or to recieve the orders or to check on status...We were NOT notified or asked about the tax charges untill a few weeks AFTER the post was made...at the time we were contacted regarding these charges, it was a statement, that he promised that the guys will not be charged taxes...I told him at this time, that we could not do this, as we are required by law to (a) charge tax for any customer that resides in illinois and (b) charge any customer who picks up from our location, regardless if the customer is out of state - similar to purchasing items from walmart in illinois if you reside in texas....
I did check with the owner here also regarding this subject on taxes, and the same was told to me and also to Brian who works at ls1source...this in turn should have been posted on this board...I understand that no company wants to loose any customers, but you learn from mistakes - especially when you are a young business starting out...I do not think that these guys ment to lie to you guys about this, they ment well, but at the same time should be responsible for the tax charges.
I am not able to refund the taxes on local customer's orders as it was NOT a promise made from our company. I will however refund charges for any out of state customers on taxes or crating charges - these are usually a manditory charge added to the price of the hood when shipped...Since there was no notification of these charges, I will look thru all the gp orders and refund these charges accordingly. These refunds should be seen on your next bank/credit card statements..
Bird of Prey, I am sorry, but I cannot refund your state taxes here, as Pro Stock John verified that you do live in Illinois.
Again I appologize for this mess...but hey - you live and learn...
I will try to work with Bill to get you guys your tax refunds on these orders.
Thanks.
Jeanie

Originally Posted by 8SEC30TH
guys i just wanted to say that i did talk to VFN numerous times about all the issues at hand and if they are not willing to refund the tax to you guys i will eat the charges. please feel free to call me any time i am always going to answer the phone. i just want to make everyone happy and want to keep my customers. i am very sorry that there were mistakes made with this GP and in the futre will make sure i talk to the proper people to make sure things like this don't EVER happen again. thank you, bill
Old 05-05-2004, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Hi..
These are stated in several places on our website - the first is under "terms" in the left hand side of the main page...also, there is a heading about time frame/additional costs at the beginning of our catalog section before scrolling down to any particular cars, this is on our site currently and I am copying it here...Because we make so many parts VFN is unable to stock everything. It will usually take around 4-5 Weeks to ship your parts. Scoops and Bumpers are usually less (3-4 weeks). Please keep in mind Shipping and Handling (Box or Crate) is Extra and will vary depending on your location. All Truck Items are sent freight collect And UPS shipping is prepaid.
These are included in every item we ship out and are also available in our mail catalog.

I DID not promise any extra special pricing breaks to any future gp's....generally we keep the discount the same as the last few years that we have done this for you guys...

I understand what you are saying about us having "bad customer satisfaction"...but picture this...you have a firebird that you are selling - nothing special, but maybe with a few smashed areas, fenders, rearend, ect....someone contacts you about purchasing this item from you and you agree...in the meantime, this person has the intent to resell this item on ebay or a web-board and promises that this car is an awesome looking piece - no dents, dings nothing wrong with the car...how does this become your fault?

I have done my absoulte best to contact bill - by email, phone, whatever I could - about what he posted on the board...I am not in the practice of bashing any company or person on this or any board...so if he did not post to you guys about what we spoke about...I cannot vouch for him.
In fact, I told him when he posted the wrong prices, I asked him to take these down and correct them....again with the taxes, time frame, ect....I explained to him that we have sponsered this board for many years without problems....and the posts he made, I told him that there would be problems with these orders...also, In one order, I did contact the customer personally and spoke with him regarding a problem on his order - which bill was not resolving...

Jeanie

Originally Posted by SAM98WS6
Jeanie, I dont see the policies you were quoting earlier and now on your website anywhere. Went through all the pages. You might want to add it if I missed it. Regardless Bill got the delivery from someone there so you are just as much at fault. Poor customer satisfaction!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys saying VFN told you they will give their next customers better prices for the same product? Sounds like a royal screwin to me...better not happen.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,174 Likes on 763 Posts

VFN has conducted about five big GP's on there since the inception of our board so we stand behind them 110%.

It's mandatory by law to charge tax for local purchases.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vfntech
Hi Guys.....
I appologize for this entire mess of a gp......
We will not get a bad rep for these gp's as we have done several over the course of the 2-3 years that we sponsered this board...We thank everyone who has ordered from our company and look forward to doing more business in the future with everyone here....
We have never had "hidden charges" on our gp's as this is NOT the way we conduct business here at VFN....we are a family owned shop and have been in business for well over 35years...90% of our customers are either referred by word of mouth or are repeat customers, we would not have this reputation if we promised things to our customers that were not true...
To give Bill credit, we were notified a few times during the gp...mostly to re-work prices that he initially posted or to recieve the orders or to check on status...We were NOT notified or asked about the tax charges untill a few weeks AFTER the post was made...at the time we were contacted regarding these charges, it was a statement, that he promised that the guys will not be charged taxes...I told him at this time, that we could not do this, as we are required by law to (a) charge tax for any customer that resides in illinois and (b) charge any customer who picks up from our location, regardless if the customer is out of state - similar to purchasing items from walmart in illinois if you reside in texas....
I did check with the owner here also regarding this subject on taxes, and the same was told to me and also to Brian who works at ls1source...this in turn should have been posted on this board...I understand that no company wants to loose any customers, but you learn from mistakes - especially when you are a young business starting out...I do not think that these guys ment to lie to you guys about this, they ment well, but at the same time should be responsible for the tax charges.
I am not able to refund the taxes on local customer's orders as it was NOT a promise made from our company. I will however refund charges for any out of state customers on taxes or crating charges - these are usually a manditory charge added to the price of the hood when shipped...Since there was no notification of these charges, I will look thru all the gp orders and refund these charges accordingly. These refunds should be seen on your next bank/credit card statements..
Bird of Prey, I am sorry, but I cannot refund your state taxes here, as Pro Stock John verified that you do live in Illinois.
Again I appologize for this mess...but hey - you live and learn...
I will try to work with Bill to get you guys your tax refunds on these orders.
Thanks.
Jeanie
I'm not asking you to refund my taxes. It was just posted that LS1SOURCE will be doing that. I'll be waiting to hear from them.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Call Bill @ LS1source, I did and he said he'll take care of it since there are only a few of us from Illinois.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:28 AM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

VFNs hoods are the best that anyone around here has ever seen I love the way my hood fit and looks I had to do no modification at all to get the hood to fit.The paint shop looked it over and also said this is the very best product as far as fiberglass goes they have ever seen very nice hood and very good people to deal with.Sales tax yeah when you go there and buy it you should pay the sales tax.I went and picked mine up talked to everyone for a bit all very nice people to talk with I have 5 people getting ready to order front ends and hoods from them now.This is the very best hood Ive seen.Thanks VFN Top service in my book
Old 05-09-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Taxes Being Refunded To The Following!!!

1. Shapor Nathibzadrah $29.00
2.Tony PLazak $24.00
3.Mason Pohl $24.00
4.Fernando Regalado $24.00
5.Thomas Murrin $29.00

I just wanted to say again how sorry i am for the mistakes i made in the GP. Hope everyone is happy with there new hoods and now we can move on! thanks to everyone that purchased a hood and we look forward to hearing from all of you in the future! thanks again, bill
Old 05-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Great, thank you very much.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bill, we cant move on until those of us that are billed get our hoods...or am I the only one left now?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ttt..
Old 05-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Yeah, that sucks. You must have been one of the last orders. My 2" Cowl is already painted and waxed. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt...another car show missed...
Old 05-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Bill, I'm still waiting for my tax credit. I thought this was already settled? Hmm, I checked my card account and haven't gotten anything yet. How about the other IL guys? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

For the record...over 6 weeks since the hood was ordered and over 4 weeks since my credit card was billed...still no hood.

How could I possibly recommend anyone doing business with LS1Source or VFN?
Old 05-17-2004, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Nope, no refund even though my name is on the list.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bird_Of_Prey
Nope, no refund even though my name is on the list.
guys the refunds are comming it takes usually 7 -14 bussiness days to process but they are comming.
thank you, bill
Old 05-17-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SAM98WS6
For the record...over 6 weeks since the hood was ordered and over 4 weeks since my credit card was billed...still no hood.

How could I possibly recommend anyone doing business with LS1Source or VFN?
please pm me your info. name, address, phone # and the type of hood and year of car and i will find out what is going on with your hood. thank you, bill

p.s. if you would like you can call me with it as well!!
Old 05-19-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it looks like I may finally get my hood. I was the last order filled. Frieght company called.

What kind of prep work did you guys have to do to these VFN hoods? Am I going to be able to swap hoods in an evening? Any drilling or customizing? Just unbolt the hardware from the old and bolt on the new? I leave for a big east coast Hot Rod show Fri morning. Thanks