Texas Speed & Performance No Longer Carries Patriot Performance Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Texas Speed & Performance No Longer Carries Patriot Performance Products

This post is to notify all current and future customers that Texas Speed & Performance will no longer carry Patriot Performance products. We are taking a different approach in an effort to focus on other vendors' products.

Please do not use this post to bash. This post is here simply to inform the ls1tech.com community of our decision.

Trevor Doelling & Jason Mangum
Co-Owners, Texas Speed & Performance, Ltd.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any particular reason(s) why?
Old 09-12-2004, 08:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We are revamping our product lineup to offer higher quality parts to our customers.

Trevor
Old 09-13-2004, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Good Job Trevor

Nate
Old 09-14-2004, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

That's some funny **** !
Old 09-14-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Very tastefully done!!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can you say...Politically Correct
Old 09-15-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

hmmm apparently I missed something important while reading up on Forced Induction the past few weeks.

If someone would be kind enough, please PM whats going on with PP and their quality, because I am not sure if I am going FI or cam. Even if its just a link to what happened would be cool.

Thanks

*EDIT* Nevermind, I found out what it was

Last edited by 2002 Trans Am; 09-15-2004 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Jason,
Something must have happened in the last 2-3 weeks. When you sold me Patriot's 5.3L heads you said you they were "high quality" and you would "definitely recommend" them. Guess I misunderstood what you meant...
Drew
Old 09-16-2004, 02:03 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

ttt..
Old 09-16-2004, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AFPewter
Jason,
Something must have happened in the last 2-3 weeks. When you sold me Patriot's 5.3L heads you said you they were "high quality" and you would "definitely recommend" them. Guess I misunderstood what you meant...
Drew
That's a valid question from all PP users who purchased the heads through TSP.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am guessing that all the main advocates (TSP, Terry, gomer) jumping ship is going to kill resale on them as well. I would like to upgrade to something that will make more power.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AFPewter
Jason,
Drew
Maybe i misunderstood also, they didnt tell me anything about them "not being up to par" when i bought them from TSP, now im kinda worried and thinking about taking them out. Maybe a PM from TSP could reassure me or give me a warning.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i talked to trevor about 2 months ago. i asked him how my GTPs stacked up against PP heads, and he was honest enough to reply "definately keep what you have".
Old 09-16-2004, 08:06 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

QC was lacking, I saw firsthand 4 used valvesprings installed (very high mileage also) on a new set of heads that arrived for an install. Luckily I found those before starting the car! I fixed that only to have the car make much less power than it should - Swapped to another set of heads and picked up 30rwhp just like that. There's much more, but its not my position to post heresay even if its true.

For what its worth most of the installs done here put down what we expected and were on par to competitors heads at the time. Maybe we were just sent the ringer heads until recently, who knows.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
QC was lacking, I saw firsthand 4 used valvesprings installed (very high mileage also) on a new set of heads that arrived for an install. Luckily I found those before starting the car! I fixed that only to have the car make much less power than it should - Swapped to another set of heads and picked up 30rwhp just like that. There's much more, but its not my position to post heresay even if its true.

For what its worth most of the installs done here put down what we expected and were on par to competitors heads at the time. Maybe we were just sent the ringer heads until recently, who knows.
That's disappointing to read.

How did you know they were very high mileage springs as opposed to low mileage highly abused ones? Just curious.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:11 AM
SPG
On The Tree

I can understand a vendor pulling the plug on a product if they have issues with the quality, thats fine by me

I am surprised that TSP, knowing that they have quality concerns , have been so heavily promoting the patriot product that they are now bashing.......

I have traded emails with TSP about h&C, and they have been recommending I use PP heads, and that was recent

TSP....what gives?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SPG
I can understand a vendor pulling the plug on a product if they have issues with the quality, thats fine by me

I am surprised that TSP, knowing that they have quality concerns , have been so heavily promoting the patriot product that they are now bashing.......

I have traded emails with TSP about h&C, and they have been recommending I use PP heads, and that was recent

TSP....what gives?
While Terry was still at Patriot, we knew that any problems we had could be remedied. Since Terry was pushed out the door about a month ago, we had nobody that we could speak with there that could help us with problems. Any problems were proactively pursued within Terry's limited abilities as an employee, but now that's gone. We've had some of Patriot's cylinder heads make good power, but it's to the point that we don't know if the heads being shipped will be a good or bad set. We were left without anyone to speak with at Patriot that could fully understand any problems or concerns that we had, and Terry really did fight for the customer if they had a problem. We had two customers a week ago call with valve failures, and both of them were completely blown off. That is not something we want our customers to deal with. We want to have 100% faith in any product that we sell. So, due to these and other reasons, we no longer offer Patriot Performance products.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 09-24-2004, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Man..I can vouche for Terry's customer service. He's a great person to deal with....

Quick Reply: Texas Speed & Performance No Longer Carries Patriot Performance Products