TBYRNE Motorsports - Company Info Inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TBYRNE Motorsports - Company Info Inside

Alot of you just see a screen name daily so I wanted to take a few minutes to tell everyone who we are and what we do. TBYRNE Motorsports joined the aftermarket world in November of 1996. We started out specializing in the LT1 Camaro/Firebird and carried over to the LS1 cars in '98. We try to stay on the cutting edge and provide customers with new products as soon as they becoming available. Many popular part numbers are kept in stock for daily shipment. Products are also available for other vehicles too. We're warehouse distributors for a wide variety of manufacturers so if they produce it, we can get it!

TBYRNE Motorsports is located at 1227 Horseneck Rd in Westport, MA. This is about 35 minutes from Providence, RI and a little over an hour south of Boston. We're just minutes from Horseneck Beach. As you can see, we are not just an "internet business" that might be here today and gone tomorrow. We are an established company that you can rely on for products and vehicle service.

We ship worldwide with UPS daily. Truck freight orders are also possible for large shipments. Our prices are VERY competitive and we also offer a Price Match Plus Policy -

If you find a current lower advertised price that we can verify we will meet it and also deduct 15% of the difference! This applies to most products that we carry and the price has to be something that anyone can view (e-mail and phone quotes don't apply). Just let us know about this when you place your order and e-mail a direct link to the specific pricing. Discounts are not available if you find a lower price after you place your order and this can't be combined with any other discounts. The vendor must also be an authorized dealer for that manufacturer. An authorized dealer list can usually be seen on the manufacturer's website.

*Excludes E-Bay
**Shipping not included for the PMPP

November will mark our 10th year in business. We've looking forward to servicing your needs for the next 10+ years!

Let us know if there is anything that we can help you with.

Have a good day!
Tom Byrne
Old 08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

This thread sucks without photos of your Corvette.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:06 PM

Pic's of inside the shop too.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'll have to take pics inside at some point but here are a few of the C6 -

Old 08-04-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Just bought a set of Dynatech Supermaxx headers. Price was the absolute best on the internet. Prompt shipping. TByrne has been around longer than any other vendor as far as I know on these sites, and that's why he earned my 4 figures for my headers.
Great job, Tom. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-05-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

tom dont forget pics of your garage and other toys.

<--jealous
Old 08-06-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dawg One: Thanks! There was only a handful of vendors selling f-body products back in '96. Most of them are no longer in business now. Today, the vendor list seems to be endless but there are also alot that close up shop too. I've been seeing more and more going closing their doors for good.

TheSilverOne: The inside of my garage at home looks much better than the work area at the shop (more colorful). I wanted it to feel like another room inside the house. It used to be a seperate building. I had it connected when the house was built. That can be checked out at - http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/Garage/garage.html
Old 08-08-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

A little bump for the people that might have missed this
Old 08-11-2006, 04:58 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Dawg One: Thanks! There was only a handful of vendors selling f-body products back in '96. Most of them are no longer in business now. Today, the vendor list seems to be endless but there are also alot that close up shop too. I've been seeing more and more going closing their doors for good.

TheSilverOne: The inside of my garage at home looks much better than the work area at the shop (more colorful). I wanted it to feel like another room inside the house. It used to be a seperate building. I had it connected when the house was built. That can be checked out at - http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/Garage/garage.html
Well, it's easy to see your business must be doing well.

That garage is impressive!

The collection of vehicles is also impressive, as is the fact that the garage can hold all that

There's a couple things I'm wondering...

Where did you get those giant Camaro and Corvette posters?

What is that red-and-black desk chair that looks like a racing seat? Did you buy it like that, or make it into a chair yourself?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've acquired the Camaro and Corvette posters throughout the years. Not sure where those came from.

The office chair came from a company called RPI Designs. I think it cost at least $900. a few years ago so it wasn't cheap but it's different. I don't think that company produces them anymore.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Bump for a great Sponser. I'm sure another 10 years will be a piece of cake with the great service and prices that you provide. P.S. Thanks for the sponsership on my PINKS Car.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your very welcome! Do you know when that show will be airing?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

What was the cost of turning your c6 into a z06 ? Do you have any pictures of the engine bay ?
thanks warren
Old 08-11-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Total mods are about $27k. The Z06 panels, nose, all bodywork, brakes, wheels and tires were about $14k. The body of the car was totally taken apart then everything was painted seperate and bolted on. This way there was no chance of overspray. If it wasn't yellow from the factory, I didn't want it to be yellow when the car left the body shop. They did a very good job!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Bump for a great sponsor!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Due to changes in the board's policy, vendors won't be able to post many good specials here anymore so I'm just bumping this info up. Our weekly specials can be seen off of the opening page of our website.

Have a good day!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Due to changes in the board's policy, vendors won't be able to post many good specials here anymore so I'm just bumping this info up. Our weekly specials can be seen off of the opening page of our website.

Have a good day!
Huh?? Whats this all about?

R/

Frat
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is considered a GOOD special?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

(I figured I'd wait until 11am to reply in case I got an answer in the private sponsor's section)

Sponsors will now be limited to two sales threads at a time. We can post as many sales as we want in those threads. That is pretty good because it will clean up this section a little. Everyone seems to want there post to be in the #1 spot even through it only takes a few seconds to scroll down.

Vendors will also have to post pricing for the sales that are advertised. It would be easy if we could do this but alot of manufacturers have MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing). That is the lowest price that we are allowed to openly advertise. Some manufacturers don't care what we quote through e-mail or over the phone. That is why you see posts that say please call or e-mail for pricing. There are then manufacturers that say that their products can't be advertised for less than "x" number of dollars in writting. Phone quotes are fine. That is why we sometimes list "call for priciing". ATI is a good example here. And then, there are the manufacturers that don't want there products sold below "x' number of dollars. Phone calls or e-mails don't matter. No discount.

Seeing that pricing will have to be posted, that is going to limit the number of sales that are offering to you guys because we have to follow the manufacturer's guidelines. So, no more sales posts that say "we have a great deal on this product, please call or e-mail for pricing". If the price can't be posted, then the product can't be advertised here unless it's at retail. You might have noticed less activity in this section over the last few days. That is why. It should have taken affect on Monday but there are still some old threads lingering.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Based on the nature of a sale that rule is kind of a step backwards.

P.S. Tom is a great guy and has sold me almost everything for my car. In most cases I just pick it up on my way home from the airport. Keep up the good work Tom! By the way the SLP exhaust setup I have is not too loud, for me!