How bout a Thunder Cam Package GP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: How bout a Thunder Cam Package GP?

Paul or Jason,
I am interested in a cam pakage,but unsure of which one best suits my needs.The 224/224 .563/.563 112LSA is what I am thinking,does it sound like a good choice for the car described below?
1973 Camaro,2001 LS1 & T56 ,4.10 posi,3000# ,daily driver,drag racing and solo racing.I would like to keep mileage in upper 20s and obviously as much power as possible.Hoping for 11 sec 1/4 mile E.T.s.My heads are stock right now but will be ported to stage 2 standards,have LS6 intake,will have full equal length headers and 3" dual exhaust with X-pipe.
With cam mentioned above,is there any chance of valve clearance problems?Will the valve train components(springs/retainers) work with my stock heads& valves or will my spring seats need to be cut?
Thanks for any advice in advance,Joe

Sounds like the TR224 112lsa would be the right cam for you. It'll have good streetability, a good idle, and should easily put a 3000# stock head car into the 11s. Well that's assuming you can drive it.

BTW: do you have any pics of your car and set-up? If so please e-mail them to me if you don't mind. I've got an itch to put an LS1-T56 combo in a 70-73 F-body.
Paul,
Thanks for the advice/info.I guess I'll order a package then.I am thinking of going w/ #2 and will if you think the ti retainers are worth it.I will give you a call tomorrow.
Also,sent a pm on the 1973.
Joe
Old 06-11-2003, 02:01 AM
I can shift faster than you.

Hey, ive just got the money together to do this, but i have a ? first. I was looking at either the 224/224 112 LSA, or the 230/224 111 LSA. I have hooker Long tubes, and most of the bolt ons. Its an M6 car, and money would be tight for tuning for a while. Im going to keep the heads stock for now. I do street and strip. The car is also my daily driver. So which would be better for me, and would i see any more HP out of gettin new springs??? thanx
Always choose the smaller of the two cams if you are unsure. Since you will not be able to get tuning for awhile and you do drive the car everyday, I would look into the TR224/112. This is what I recommend for most guys with daily drivers.

What springs do you have on the car now? If they are stock, they must be replaced with either cam.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

A big THANKS out to Paul @ Thunder for helping me out with a package.
Thank you,Joe