ACE Racing Transmissions Stage 2 4L60E now 25% off through Nov. 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ACE Racing Transmissions Stage 2 4L60E now 25% off through Nov. 30

Many guys inquiring about our Stage 2 / Street Strip Performer Torque Converter sale have asked if I would sell the transmission without the converter because they have a nice converter or are going with another manufacturers unit. So after thinking about it, I decided to just go ahead and advertize our Stage 2 4L60E at that same price.

$1,369.00 is what you pay. No corners are cut, no questionable parts are installed, the same 6 month warranty applies... no B/S, it's that simple.

Here's the breakdown guys. The transmission will be offered at the deep price reduction of 25% off of our normal retail price through the end of November, 2007. I will not offer these units this low again. If you have been considering a replacement unit for your car now is the time to move.

What you get is:

A complete 4L60E, Bellhousing and Tailhousing included. Simply un-crate it, swap your speed sensor and converter, then install it... don't work on it before it goes in!
A Vacuum Modulator. Don't concern yourself with not having the correct line pressure when you need it most!
A Trans-Go HD-2 Reprogramming Kit
The Beast Sunshell
All New Electronics... solenoids, harness etc...
All new bushings that are custom hand fitted
A sleeved Input drum for added durability

The list is too long for this thread so for more details on this unit click the link!... http://www.aceracingtrans.com/stage2.html

You pay the shipping, you pay the core fee only after we do not receive your old unit back 30 days after you receive the replacement unit.

That's it. No gimmicks... Just a damn good price on a damn good transmission for a very short time.

g
Old 11-10-2007, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey g whatis the level 2 hp rated too
Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

That is a good question. I get asked that one alot. Thanks for asking.

The Stage 2 unit has significant modifications that are designed to increase the durabiility overall. But, keep in mind it has minimal structural changes. Meaning, the input drum is sleeved and the way we manage the clutch packs is changed significantly. Those mods allow us to really lean on them.

I cannot say how much they will take for 2 reasons. I have never taken one and put it on a dyno with the intention of determining the level at which it will fail. Also, we have been fortunate enough to not have one come back with a broken shaft, input hub or any other hard part. That is not to say we will not, I am not that bold. But, I will say that I would not take one much over 550 RWHP without upgrades in the planet assemblies and shafts.

We have many of those transmissions in H/C-N20 combinations living well. Some guys are spraying as much as 225 on theirs with no probs. We'll see how that goes as time moves on.

Remember, that unit was originally engineered to handle somwhere in the neighborhood of 385 ftlb torque. It should be considered a medium duty transmission that has been heavily modified to live in todays modified powertrains.

Hope that helps.

g
Old 11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
FormerVendor

Up to the top for the day!

g
Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

Midweek bump for the shoppers!
g
Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Bump for today.

g
Old 11-17-2007, 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

bump up to the top for the Sat night crowd!

g
Old 11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my tranny took a **** today on the first pass. I will be giving you a call on Monday. Thanks
Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nitrobusa
my tranny took a **** today on the first pass. I will be giving you a call on Monday. Thanks
your old one or one of gilberts
Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by nitrobusa
Thanks for the opportunity. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hit me with a pm tomorrow... I'll be online off and on tomorrow... I would like to know about your car and your powertrain combination. Let's start the planning asap!

g
Old 11-17-2007, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
your old one or one of gilberts
Hey Nick, saw your post regarding the hunt for a new rear axle assy. Sounds like you are planning to put together a new package for the spring!

g
Old 11-18-2007, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Hey Nick, saw your post regarding the hunt for a new rear axle assy. Sounds like you are planning to put together a new package for the spring!

g
yes
all of the new umi suspension is here just waitn for monday to finally get the moiser 9 in ordered. so hopefully after thanksgiving the rear will be in but it has to go to madman to get all of the relocation brakets and anti roll bar welded on and then rescaled. still undecided on what tranny i want either th350 or 4l60e it depends on what the final rules for late model efi class for 08 is more than likely it will be just the 4l60e but i can not fail me.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like you are building a fun car!

As far as the transmission decision... get me a copy of the current class rules if you don't mind.

I have a lot of racers who are concerned about their trannies failing at an out of town race. The only thing I can say to that is we can't predict the future... but we can sure as hell build for it!

So what you and I need to concern ourselves with is budget, goals, expectations, which unit you are going to run and whether or not you have enough horsepower to not finish in 3rd place or runner up next time!

g
Old 11-19-2007, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Sounds like you are building a fun car!

As far as the transmission decision... get me a copy of the current class rules if you don't mind.

I have a lot of racers who are concerned about their trannies failing at an out of town race. The only thing I can say to that is we can't predict the future... but we can sure as hell build for it!

So what you and I need to concern ourselves with is budget, goals, expectations, which unit you are going to run and whether or not you have enough horsepower to not finish in 3rd place or runner up next time!

g
3rd sucked but ill take it that was on stock rear end and stock tranny an convertor. i could have really pushed it but di not want to blow the 10 bolt. problem was i was between a rock and a hard on car was running a consitant 12.7 with a 1.8 sixty so i had to coose 12.5 or 13.0 well i knew i couldnt run 12.5 so i opted for 13.0 i knew i could runn slower and not push the car to brake it. as far as nmca for latemodle efi i dont think transbrakes are allowed. just waiting on finalization of the 08 rules then we can decide wich way to go.
i have found where i went wrong in the past with 4l60's so i knda know which direction to go. so once this 9 in is out the way we can get down to buissness
Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like a plan to me!

g
Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 AM
FormerVendor

Bump for the day

g
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

Black Friday bump!

g
Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Bump to the top!

g
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Guys this sale will end tomorrow.

It is the single best opportunity you will have to purchase a solid, well built very strong 4L60E for a long time.

Get your order in today or tomorrow!

g
Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

This sale will expire tonight.

Several guys have taken advantage of the sale already, get your order in today!

g

Last edited by Gilbert@Ace Racing; 12-01-2007 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: ACE Racing Transmissions Stage 2 4L60E now 25% off through Nov. 30