Edge Performance Cryogenically Processed Rotors Starting At 199.99 Outlast Stock 3X

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jmag please call me 626-815-1111 ext 310 thanks man
Old 10-17-2008, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Hi there, Thanks for responding, it's 8pm Friday night, so I'm sure you're prob home for the night, I'll call you on Monday (unless you work Saturdays?) I'll have some pics for you too.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Does anyone have a picture of the chevy logo rotors mounted to a car? I would like to see how they look mounted before I purchase.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

with all the complaints from the forum members here, its hard to believe that people are still considering ordering rotors from them
Old 10-18-2008, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Other than the rust on one of the three, these brakes are hands down the best I've gotten, I've had to hit them HARD and no warpage at all. With stock ones, and autozone ones, i found myself replacing every six months. They do have a quality product, that's for sure.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Banned

if anyone has a problem please pm me. the phone system over here is a little hectic at times some calls may be overlooked. i will be more than happy to assist you in a timely matter. take care all and thank you for your orders.

Ray
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

i have had these for about 3 months, maybe have driven 2-3k miles on them. I have warpage. I think mine were warped when i got them, however. I will let you know what they say.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Ray - Go back and check your pm box for the message I sent you back on 9/24 (and 9/29 and 10/7). You have several email addresses for me along with my cell phone number and home mailing address. I've also been providing contact information in the emails I've been sending to the "customer service" email address regularly. So far no one has responded to give me any indication if I will ever receive the rotors and pads I ordered and paid for back in June.
I'm sure you understand how hard it is to keep the faith and believe BSI is legit after being blown off for 4 months.

Originally Posted by bsi brakes
if anyone has a problem please pm me. the phone system over here is a little hectic at times some calls may be overlooked. i will be more than happy to assist you in a timely matter. take care all and thank you for your orders.

Ray
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Sent you a PM, please check.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Banned

pms sent to both of you
Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 PM
11Second Club

I made my original order on Thursday, 10/16. They told me the kit would ship on Monday or Tuesday. They actually arrived on Tuesday. That was a nice surprise. So, I open the box to find that I got slotted and cross-drilled when I expected only slotted. I also noticed that I got lines for a TCS car, and my car has no TCS. I don't recall them even asking when I ordered, so I called to confirm that there were two different sets of lines for TCS and non-TCS.

It turns out that the lines are, in fact, different. They agreed to ship me a new set of lines. I also told them that if they refunded my shipping ($45) I would keep the cross-drilled rotors. They agreed to that as well. I was quite happy with the service.

The non-TCS lines should be here tomorrow. Tonight I painted my calipers and decided to try fitting the rear rotors. One of the rotors does not fit over the parking brake and the other does. I tried removing the parking brake and sliding it in the drum area of each rotor. It manages to fit in both of them, but one clearly has a lot more room.

I will be calling you tomorrow to get a new rotor, BSI. Hopefully the service will be as quick as it was last time.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:38 AM
11Second Club

I've been waiting on hold for 30 minutes now according to the call timer on my cell phone. This is definitely not making me very happy. I expect to have this cleared up today and a new rotor to be in the mail.

EDIT: Gave up and called Brian's extension. I left a voicemail.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:49 PM
11Second Club

Sent an email and a PM. I also dropped another hour of my afternoon waiting on hold. Obviously, there's no one answering the phones today. Here's a hint, guys... DO NOT HAVE A CALL QUEUE WITHOUT PEOPLE TO ANSWER!!! If the phones aren't being answered, have it go straight to a voicemail system.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Default Waiting since June 30th for my order

Ray - sent you a pm with 2 contact numbers and the details of my order from June 30th that I still haven't received. Hope you can help - no one else at BSI will respond to me.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
11Second Club

I've had yet another problem... the brake lines leak. They aren't leaking at the fittings but where the line itself meets the fitting. I had to start the car to get vacuum to get enough pressure to make them leak, but they do. Both the front lines leaked. Since they had sent me the TCS set of lines on accident, I tried using those fronts with exactly the same result. Four leaky front lines? That's absolutely unacceptable. I'll be buying some Earl's lines for safety's sake.

Not everyone checks for brake system leaks with the car running. I highly recommend that anyone who bought this kit goes and checks this. Make sure the car is running and that you're pressing HARD. It takes about 15 seconds of pressing real hard on the pedal to make it touch the floor with my leaky lines.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

When are you guys going to make more rotors for a corvette? Been waiting for a call to replace my rotor for a long time. When are you guys going to start answering your phones. Please just replace my rotor so that I can just move on. I have 3 silver rotors and 1 bronze rotor.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

doesnt even have to be a phone call (I know how much you guys hate being on the phone seeing how you cant answer them). A email, pm will work. Just give me a good rotor!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
11Second Club

I'd like to confirm that I did receive the $45 back for the shipping as they agreed. Everything went great with that first contact and they delivered on what they agreed to do. However, I haven't been able to get another response from them regarding the bad rotor or leaky lines. It's like they closed up shop or something. No response whatsoever, and I've called repeatedly.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

they said they woudl contact me last week about my rotor being warped. No call whatsoever. I can still dispute my charge, so I am putting in a dispute tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
11Second Club

This is an interesting thread for any would-be BSI customers or anyone who's already fallen into their trap:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/1009746-bsi-brakes.html

Quick Reply: Edge Performance Cryogenically Processed Rotors Starting At 199.99 Outlast Stock 3X