Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Would these make good factory replacements for Monsoon Gen 4 Camaro door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Would these make good factory replacements for Monsoon Gen 4 Camaro door speakers

I was looking at the CDT CL-6CXMB.2 on Amazon and I'm pretty sure they are a convertible component. (Or either a coaxail speaker that also comes with separate tweeters and crossovers) They are a 2 ohm speaker and they are suppose to be better and producing bass than most other 6.5's according to the item description.
Amazon.com : CL-6CXMB.2 6.5" CDT Audio 2 Ohm Enhanced Bass Component/Coaxial Speaker Pair : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : CL-6CXMB.2 6.5" CDT Audio 2 Ohm Enhanced Bass Component/Coaxial Speaker Pair : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics

I can not find these one Kee's website or much on them from a Google search. I would think that it they were a legit option for a Camaro door speaker from CDT that the would be listed on Kee Audio. They are rated to handle an extra 60 watts rms than the CDT CL-61CV's which seems to be the best speaker option when keeping the Monsoon setup, so maybe the factory amp not being strong enough to push them to their potential may make them not as good an option as the CDT CL-61CV's? What do y'all think?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here... Can someone that has replaced the sail side panel speakers share some pics of what they look like and some brand part numbers? It would be most appreciated.

I have one of the early - early 6.5 Clarion coaxial 2 ohm front speakers that was recommended years ago and they still sound great after 6 years in play.

Along the same area, right now, I have a set of OEM 6x9s (can't shut/fit the enclosure on the driver side) in the hatch in place of the 4" OEMs that blew...but they don't sound as good as the front ones by any stretch - but they do work... I read many replacements in these threads but I have also looked up the 4" hatch speakers and the specs are very good for Harmony R45 @ $33.99 a pair including the wiring harness pigtails, and Cerwin Vega H740 @ $34.99 w/o wiring harness pigtails, but you can purchase them for 5.99 each. A step up with Harmony, HA-C46 @ $52.95 a pair. Just search on each. Good reviews for each. Each have large magnets for added base.

I did research here but really didn't find any definite answer and I would like to upgrade the sails but have no clue if they are true sub-woofer type or coaxial which is the reason I'm asking. Just trying to avoid the interior work until I get a set. They still work but upgrading the front and back I'm sure these would need it as well.

Thanks!

Old 08-06-2020, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Never mind the details, I found WhiteBirds details on the sails. They are true mid base subs and coaxial won't work, thanks.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Those CDTs should work fine. I wouldn't worry about them producing extra bass unless you plan on adding an aftermarket amp. The stock Monsoon amp has a less than desirable high-pass filter for the front speakers.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. 1 more question, since there wasn't a part number and so I randomly searched Bazooka mid bass subs, I did not find a 2 ohm, just 4 ohm equivalent 6.5". Also a Pyle 4 ohm... Are any one of these 4 ohm subs interchangeable or does it have to be a 2 ohm?

Thanks
Old 08-06-2020, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

LMAO... As soon as I post, I found the 2 ohm Bazooka, WF621.5DV Cheapest so far is $59.99 each on eBay. FYI, the 4 ohm is WF641.5 at the same price...

If I find other 2 ohm mid bass subs, I 'll post.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Don't get the 2 Ohm Bazookas, They're Dual Voice Coil meaning you can only wire them to a 1 Ohm or 4 Ohm load. Get the 4 Ohm ones, also Dual Voice coil but because each coil is 4 Ohms, you can wire down to 2 Ohms for the Camaro Monsoon system.
The following users liked this post:
Tyler Dietzenbach (08-06-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Do you have a visual drawing or instructions for that?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2020, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Here you go!
Old 08-07-2020, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Would these make good factory replacements for Monsoon Gen 4 Camaro door speakers