Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

sprayed ls1 vs h/c ls1 *video*

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
why **build** a car for driveability then **race** it.. hahahaa...

makes no sense to me... anyways, who cares.. your bro beat him! hahaha
lol....well I dunno its not my car. I build my car to where they run good but can win races. In other words if I had an LS-1 it would have a strong H/C/I combo with some juice.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
lol....well I dunno its not my car. I build my car to where they run good but can win races. In other words if I had an LS-1 it would have a strong H/C/I combo with some juice.
me niether!

yep, no reason to go half ***!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ls1plus
Lol. Nevermind that the car has H&R front springs, Koni DA's, and a 35mm front sway bar. I guess because it is setup to handle makes it weak because the front end doesn't raise up to the expectations of a drag racer... wtf?

LOL, well that explains alot. My car has no sway bar, stock springs and about -150lbs off of the front end....I would of went by that red T/a in a wheelie.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
LOL, well that explains alot. My car has no sway bar, stock springs and about -150lbs off of the front end....I would of went by that red T/a in a wheelie.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

going off your mods and times in your sig, i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that you would beat his T/A with him spraying...
Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

in case you missed it.. he traps 117 on spray.... your no way near that.. he would walk away from you racing from a roll.. just like he did that car where the front end didnt raise up...

just because when you kick it and your front end raises, does NOT mean your fast.. i mean come on, you have a hotcam in it... lmao..
Old 12-26-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

is there something im missing..

why does so many people **** on cory and silverGTP? what the hell.. they actually post videos of ****.. and still get called BS on and this and that..
Old 12-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Banned

in case you missed it.. he traps 117 on spray.... your no way near that.. he would walk away from you racing from a roll.. just like he did that car where the front end didnt raise up...

just because when you kick it and your front end raises, does NOT mean your fast.. i mean come on, you have a hotcam in it... lmao..

I was just clowning dog....I'll just wait until the baby bottle is empty then he will be back in the 13's were he belongs. haha
Old 12-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Banned

He said he ran a 12.3 with a 2.0 60" on the bottle, I ran a 12.4 with a 60" of 1.97 with my old tune shifting at stock shift points and hitting the limiter every gear...My car will be in the high 11's next season easily, with a crappy hotcam even.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was just clowning dog....I'll just wait until the baby bottle is empty then he will be back in the 13's were he belongs. haha
itd take while for a bottle to run out... enough time to put someone in their place..

He said he ran a 12.3 with a 2.0 60" on the bottle, I ran a 12.4 with a 60" of 1.97 with my old tune shifting at stock shift points and hitting the limiter every gear...My car will be in the high 11's next season easily, with a crappy hotcam even.
he ran a faster time, with a crappier 60.. you ran a worse time with a better 60 foot... that should tell you something about who would win at the track from a dig..

you trap 112, he traps 117.. thats enough difference to embarrass someone..

you may be in the 11s next season with your crappy hotcam.. but your not now.. and thats what matter... the fact is, from a roll or a dig he would walk away and leave at this point..
Old 12-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Banned

itd take while for a bottle to run out... enough time to put someone in their place..

he ran a faster time, with a crappier 60.. you ran a worse time with a better 60 foot... that should tell you something about who would win at the track from a dig..

you trap 112, he traps 117.. thats enough difference to embarrass someone..

you may be in the 11s next season with your crappy hotcam.. but your not now.. and thats what matter... the fact is, from a roll or a dig he would walk away and leave at this point..

Did I mention it was shifting at stock shift points and bouncing the limiter every gear? Now its shifting at 6400 and it doesnt hit the limiter, good for about a 115 trap. I win (from a dig). Stalled auto> M6
Old 12-26-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did I mention it was shifting at stock shift points and bouncing the limiter every gear? Now its shifting at 6400 and it doesnt hit the limiter, good for about a 115 trap. I win
bench racing... you lose..

12.4@112mph.... that is what your car runs.. Period. and until you show a time slip faster than that, you have no argument or "i win" statements.. lmao

fact is, is that red trans am that you would blow away, has a faster time slip than you do, a faster e/t and a lot faster trap speed.. meaning he would beat you at the track and walk away pretty damn good from a roll.. you may be faster than him now.. but until you show timeslip of you running a faster time, or you race him.. your slower.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Banned

bench racing... you lose..

12.4@112mph.... that is what your car runs.. Period. and until you show a time slip faster than that, you have no argument or "i win" statements.. lmao

fact is, is that red trans am that you would blow away, has a faster time slip than you do, a faster e/t and a lot faster trap speed.. meaning he would beat you at the track and walk away pretty damn good from a roll.. you may be faster than him now.. but until you show timeslip of you running a faster time, or you race him.. your slower.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did I mention it was shifting at stock shift points and bouncing the limiter every gear? Now its shifting at 6400 and it doesnt hit the limiter, good for about a 115 trap. I win (from a dig). Stalled auto> M6
how cute.. you edited your post.. lmao..

you lose to this m6 from a dig by a tad... and you get walked on hard from a roll..

stalled auto>m6 from a dig most of the time, not in your case sadly..

stalled auto<m6 from a roll almost every single time.. hard in your case..
Old 12-26-2008, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

show me a slip thats faster than 12.3, or has a faster trap than 117.. then i will agree with you!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

From my understanding he built the car for drivability and he planned on spraying so if thats the case the car would roll out with a 100-150 shot.

Cory, I built it thinking of torque across the power band for autocross and road racing. I do have a new wet kit sitting still.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

then why race? if your gonna race go big or go home.. if your racing you care about winning.. if you care about winning you cant care that much about driveability.

exactly!

I have won more races that I have lost so that statement doesnt make sense. I like the stock drivability. I don't like changing valve springs often either. There is always going to be someone faster. So why spend another $800 for aftermarket parts to replace aftermarket parts and pick up 20 hp when i am happy with what the car does now?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

why **build** a car for driveability then **race** it.. hahahaa...

makes no sense to me... anyways, who cares.. your bro beat him! hahaha

The mentality of this thread amuses me.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

where you located? I would love to see your wheelie go by me from a roll. hell I won't even spray........

lemons, thanks for backing me up in my absence.

we all can bench race and say what times our cars should have ran, hell I know my car has a mid to high 11s pretty easy. but I am not willing to break to get there. My trap is decent, but I have ran door to door with cars that trap 120. I don't care about track times, I just go out and race, it is what it is, some people believe and some dont.

zane - don't mind the haters, your car runs good for its setup. and it stops on freaking dime!! lol
Old 12-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Lemons- Thanks for sticking up for us...
99Z28 - The T/A didnt run 13's...not sure where you got that. From a dig you might beat him it woulod be close on the street but from a roll NO BOTTLE I would put my money on the T/A.

Track times and traps can be very deceptive when it comes to street racing. Eric you should post the vid of you losing to anthony that trapped 123.4mph by a car....hell if you would have had a full bottle it would have been even closer. Thats almost 7mph trap diff. If you knew what they trapped you would never guess it would even be a race...but the hit of spray kept him right there....for the most part. Another example would be me when I raced that FRC vette it trapped 117 I destroyed him...the street is a different ball game and some cars react different from rolls and digs. Thats facts.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
where you located? I would love to see your wheelie go by me from a roll. hell I won't even spray.......

Lemons- Thanks for sticking up for us...
99Z28 - The T/A didnt run 13's...not sure where you got that. From a dig you might beat him it woulod be close on the street but from a roll NO BOTTLE I would put my money on the T/A.

You two need to get your water tested over there... From 20-25 there is no way you would beat me, at any other speed yes because of dead spots. Wish I wasnt on the east coast, this would be easy money for me...My car only weighs 3300 with me in it, and like I said before the times in my sig. are way old.