Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I almost lost to a Sentra SE R!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
The F-body is a performance car just like the Corvette, the Vette just happens to be the faster, more expensive vehicle. A Nissan Sentra is a piece of **** economy car that wasn never designed to make big power or go fast. Just about every design element of the car works against you; its FWD, the chassis is an ancient design, its a 4 cylinder, and its got a transaxle with CV joints. What more can you ask for to go wrong, work against you, or break.
Dude. My car wasn't designed to do what it does. That is why you mod a car, to take the abuse. The Sentra is a great sleeper platform.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkZ28559
You mean H22A6 if its a type sh. I think preludes are great cars just a lil pricey.
Well some type of motor I know he spent a penny on it. He pick his up 4 2,500 it was a flood car.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

I've never really liked the sr20's.
They seem too fragile, especially the stock block and internals.
I think the only thing they have going for them is their weight and availability in RWD.

I have seen some really stout built ones though, but what isn't stout when built?
Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Teching In

The F-body is a performance car just like the Corvette, the Vette just happens to be the faster, more expensive vehicle. A Nissan Sentra is a piece of **** economy car that wasn never designed to make big power or go fast. Just about every design element of the car works against you; its FWD, the chassis is an ancient design, its a 4 cylinder, and its got a transaxle with CV joints. What more can you ask for to go wrong, work against you, or break.
Wow, just like the Corvette. Dude, your blind allegience to domestic V8 power is overshadowed only by your ignorance. The new Cobalt SS, a turbocharged 4cyl FWD econobox runs the Nurburgring faster than any F-body or C5 Corvette (by a good 20 seconds). It is also faster than a 350Z, 993 Porsche 911, Boxster S, Acura NSX, BMW M3 (E46), Nissan Skyline (R32), Lotus Exige S, Porsche Cayman S, among others. And oh yeah, all of those above mentioned cars are faster around the ring than the C5 or F-body.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Toolman
Wow, just like the Corvette. Dude, your blind allegience to domestic V8 power is overshadowed only by your ignorance. The new Cobalt SS, a turbocharged 4cyl FWD econobox runs the Nurburgring faster than any F-body or C5 Corvette (by a good 20 seconds). It is also faster than a 350Z, 993 Porsche 911, Boxster S, Acura NSX, BMW M3 (E46), Nissan Skyline (R32), Lotus Exige S, Porsche Cayman S, among others. And oh yeah, all of those above mentioned cars are faster around the ring than the C5 or F-body.
BITU SEE EN0P46

Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Toolman
Not again...
I'm forced to speak.
You know the cobalt turbo SS got a 8:22 around the ring, right?
I think the new cobalt is half-*** decent considering it's FWD, but there are a few issues with your statement there.

FIrst off, the c5 z06 managed a 7:56 with Dave Hill behind the wheel, WITHOUT a rolling start.
The only C5 I could find that was taken around the ring was a commemorative targa top that managed an 8:18, from a dig again.
Now NO ONE, and I mean no one with any racing backround or press to cover it, has taken a 4th gen around the nurburgring that I could find.
As for the 5th gen, well that has already recorded an 8:20 in the hands of the chevrolet test team

In fact, the only chevy I can find that was slower then the cobalt that they actually bothered to test at the ring was a C5 AUTOMATIC, which only managed an 8:40. But this was done by an independent, not chevrolet's racing team.

Now I don't feel like arguing documented track times any more, so I'll just link you to the most complete and reputable list I could find: http://fastestlaps.com/track2.html
Old 11-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING;1039928 than GSR2
Well some type of motor I know he spent a penny on it. He pick his up 4 2,500 it was a flood car.
An H22 is bigger more HP/TQ But is more expensive to build up.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Come on guys we don't need these dumb comments about what you read in a magazine

What counts is what happens on the street/track. Those nissans are in the same class as HONDAS. I've raced a few and they all hang, for how long is the ?? You can tell the LS1 has him on the top end by a small margin.So why is most ppl acting like the se-r won??

The se-r smoked a stock 03 cobra thats a good kill but once that cobra GETS SOME SMALL BOLT ONS that se-r is history. TERMINATED Just like whats gonna happen when the F BOD modifies his LS1 that se-r is gonna have a TOUGH TIME KEEPING UP.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

good kill.

i had a similar type run in, 240sx with built sr20 on 17psi, not sure of the turbo though, couldnt hear everything. got him by a couple to the top of 4th.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Had the OP car been stock the se-r would've beat him too. " jeez" I apoligize but this thread is turning ricey. Thanks OP for that detail this HEAVILY MODIFIED se-r hung with a BOLT ON ls1 & beat a STOCK terminator Hey was paul walker driving ????

This what takes the fun out of racing. Lets give the import props for a tough little sleeper but come on he's still not in the same league here Not disrespecting but mod for mod the ls1>se-r.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is ridiculous congratulate the man on a good run and try not to make yourselves seem so stuck up. Good run bro, I'm glad you were very mature about all of this, that is the true way to get more respect from every kind of car enthusiast.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:35 PM
***Repost Police***

Had the OP car been stock the se-r would've beat him too. " jeez" I apoligize but this thread is turning ricey. Thanks OP for that detail this HEAVILY MODIFIED se-r hung with a BOLT ON ls1 & beat a STOCK terminator Hey was paul walker driving ????

This what takes the fun out of racing. Lets give the import props for a tough little sleeper but come on he's still not in the same league here Not disrespecting but mod for mod the ls1>se-r.
It's not always about "mod for mod." Run what you brung.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's not always about "mod for mod." Run what you brung.
Words of a real racer!" Can we just run what we brung?"
Old 11-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Words of a real racer!" Can we just run what we brung?"
These guys raced they were very close competitive runs. Only one person was hating on the se-r who cares , thats his opinion

REAL RACER run what you brung you've been watching pinks .
Old 11-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
This is ridiculous congratulate the man on a good run and try not to make yourselves seem so stuck up. Good run bro, I'm glad you were very mature about all of this, that is the true way to get more respect from every kind of car enthusiast.
Only way to get respect, Is to show respect. Congratulate the winner more than the loser even if he was an underdog/V8 KILLER
Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 AM
***Repost Police***

REAL RACER run what you brung you've been watching pinks .
That saying has been around longer than your I have
Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill, I just don't see the point to trying to make a car like that fast. All that money and work to swap the engine and built it up, and its still not going to beat a V8 with bolt ons. And then after running it hard it needs coolant, probably a blown head gasket from pushing all that boost on that shitty motor.

After racing you he should be turning that license plate back into the DMV. Stupid ricers.
I've read plenty about the SR20, I know people who worship that engine. I still think its a pointless waste of space.
No, the sad thing is you actually care enough to try and put me down for not liking some piece of **** Nissan.

Get a life. And no its not faster than my car.
ONEBADASSWS6? Are you sure that isn't you in disguise?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

I was at the track today and the se-r pulled a best of a 12.55, not bad for a sentra!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by foreverzero
I was at the track today and the se-r pulled a best of a 12.55, not bad for a sentra!
What was his trap? 12.55 for a FWD could result in a 118 trap. My friend can't break out of the 12's in his srt four, yet traps 121+.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
What was his trap? 12.55 for a FWD could result in a 118 trap. My friend can't break out of the 12's in his srt four, yet traps 121+.
^^^^BAD 60 ft i bet. 121 mph trap speed Get that thing to hook up "yikes" !!!!

Quick Reply: I almost lost to a Sentra SE R!