Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I almost lost to a Sentra SE R!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
That saying has been around longer than your I have
I never check out the compititions stuff out. I'll take his word for it. Unless were running for $$$$$.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

I can always respect a fast car, and yeah that sentra is fast for what it is...but come on why would you want to choose a sentra of all cars to blow so much money on. yeah, it's decently fast. But for the price of JUST the motor alone, i can get my car into the 11's. It would be one thing if it was a really nice looking car, but that thing looks like complete ****. I would spend the money saving for something that's not such an eye sore.

Like they say: Racing in a fast, old, ugly-*** sentra is like racing in the special olympics. You may win, but in the end you're still retarded.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree about the whole fast FWD car thing... RWD is better, but some people just happen to like certain cars that just happen to be FWD. But I do have a couple things to say about the highlighted points; I can't imagine that an early-90s Sentra chassis is anymore ancient than a 4th-gen F-body chassis, and I counter the transaxle/CV thing with 10-bolt rearend. Neither is really made to stand up to much abuse. I swear, if the Camaro/Firebird were made by Honda/Toyota/Nissan you'd probably still talk **** about them.
The Sentra is an economy car chassis. Its light and weak. The 4th gen F-body chassis is plenty strong, and with a couple upgrades it will take just about anything you can throw at it.

As for the 10 bolt rear, your arguement is moot, because you're comparing two totally different things. A 7.5" is about the same size as the entire Sentra transaxle, so while it may be the weak point in a car as large and powerful as an F-body, its still huge in comparison to anything found in any japanese car.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
My sig is now thew offical dunce cap of LS1tech.com say somethinng stupid and ignorant and totally biased with no smart info to back it up...and you make it in there. the first guy to make it is...well look for yourself

oh, and btw, for all you **** talkers on imports...ill make a deal, go on ANY nissan site and go type in "anyone want to run an ls1 car with these mods close to me?" annd WATCH how fast that thread fills up with challenges to all you ignorant ***** who think a import cant be fast...

for ***** sake im building a 1000rwhp+ car (tt 2003 cobra with 67mm turbos) and i even own an import as well as know what they can do. go out and actually street race instead of sitting on the net, and talk all the smack you want to these "shitty motors" to there crowd...and WATCH how many phones get whipped out saying "hey, you wanna make some money off a dumb *** ls1 owner?"....please, were i go they LOVE the people like you.
You are a ******* idiot, plain and simple. Who gives a **** about slow *** 350Z's?? 350Z's need boost just to hang with bolt on LS1's, and a H/C or boosted LS1 will walk all over the fastest 350Z anyone has to put up.

You are just like all the F&F **** that stand on the sidelines of street races talking **** like little bitches. So much bullshit gets thrown around its not even funny, its called GO TO THE TRACK and see what people actually can run. Obviously you've never been to a sanctioned event, you're too busy being the flagman for inner city street racing, or just standing on the sidelines talking **** on your cellphone with your thumb up your ***
Old 11-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
No, the sad thing is you actually care enough to try and put me down for not liking some piece of **** Nissan.

Get a life. And no its not faster than my car.
Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I don't care nor did I put you down. I have a life. Quit being a jackass because you don't like a car, you do it in just about every thread that mentions an import.
mines and import.
and its all motor.

and i run 9s. and can out handle anything out there.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zx10r
mines and import.
and its all motor.

Go away...

Last edited by JayplaySS; 11-09-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 PM
***Repost Police***

The Sentra is an economy car chassis. Its light and weak. The 4th gen F-body chassis is plenty strong, and with a couple upgrades it will take just about anything you can throw at it.

As for the 10 bolt rear, your arguement is moot, because you're comparing two totally different things. A 7.5" is about the same size as the entire Sentra transaxle, so while it may be the weak point in a car as large and powerful as an F-body, its still huge in comparison to anything found in any japanese car.
People still blow 7.5" rearends in stock/near stock cars. Which means it obviously wasn't built or intended to stand up to much continuous abuse, especially in 6spd cars. Doesn't matter if it's physically larger than something else.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Launching!

mines and import.
and its all motor.

wow where did you learn to speak english
Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

mines and import.
and its all motor.

Don't know why you quoted me and then posted that. Since it doesn't make any sense I don't expect you to know why you quoted me.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by foreverzero
hmm sounds like fun. Im hitting the track upp tonight in Jacksonville too if I can. How much is it to enter street wars?
it was 25 dollars for fun runs and 35 for running a class...it was a good turnout...i'll post pics when i have a chance.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

People still blow 7.5" rearends in stock/near stock cars. Which means it obviously wasn't built or intended to stand up to much continuous abuse, especially in 6spd cars. Doesn't matter if it's physically larger than something else.
You didn't read my post them.

People break stock 10 bolt rears in F-bodys because it can't handle 350ft/lbs of torque all that well, its too small for that purpose.

However, as far as transmissions, transaxles, and rears go, its a hell of a lot bigger than anything you'll find in a jap car, especially your precious S2000. The fact that F-bodys break 7.5's in stock form and a 10 bolt diff is about the size of your entire transmission should tell you something. You're clueless though, I doubt you've ever even looked under your car.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Not again...
I'm forced to speak.
You know the cobalt turbo SS got a 8:22 around the ring, right?
I think the new cobalt is half-*** decent considering it's FWD, but there are a few issues with your statement there.

FIrst off, the c5 z06 managed a 7:56 with Dave Hill behind the wheel, WITHOUT a rolling start.
No Z06's were mentioned in my thread.

In fact, the only chevy I can find that was slower then the cobalt that they actually bothered to test at the ring was a C5 AUTOMATIC, which only managed an 8:40. But this was done by an independent, not chevrolet's racing team.

Now I don't feel like arguing documented track times any more, so I'll just link you to the most complete and reputable list I could find: http://fastestlaps.com/track2.html
The site you listed is much more comprehensive than the one I was using. But it only further serves my point, which is that the Cobalt is a quick little bugger. Something that retard Wesman fails to acknowledge.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 AM
***Repost Police***

You didn't read my post them.

People break stock 10 bolt rears in F-bodys because it can't handle 350ft/lbs of torque all that well, its too small for that purpose.

However, as far as transmissions, transaxles, and rears go, its a hell of a lot bigger than anything you'll find in a jap car, especially your precious S2000. The fact that F-bodys break 7.5's in stock form and a 10 bolt diff is about the size of your entire transmission should tell you something. You're clueless though, I doubt you've ever even looked under your car.
I never said anything about S2000s. And physical size of parts isn't what's in question, it is strength. The rearend that Nissan put in the 300ZXs were known for being VERY strong. I don't know about the 350Zs, but I can't imagine that they are too weak either. And you have no clue about my automotive experience, so why make yourself look even more ignorant (if that's possible) by trying to comment on it?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

People do blow the 7.5 rear ends w/ stock power but others run them into the 10's. I do believe that the size matters because a 12 bolt, 9 inch or dana60 are all physically larger and stronger than a 10 bolt.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
The sad thing is that car is probably faster than yours.
LOL
Old 11-09-2008, 03:10 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Johns00Z28
People do blow the 7.5 rear ends w/ stock power but others run them into the 10's. I do believe that the size matters because a 12 bolt, 9 inch or dana60 are all physically larger and stronger than a 10 bolt.
Size does matter, but it's not the end-all-be-all when it comes to strength and durability. And like I said, most of the people running great numbers with the 7.5" are doing so with automatics so it puts out less shock.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

mines and import.
and its all motor.

Why did it take me so long to see this. What all is done to your bike? It just so happens we are realativley close.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Why did it take me so long to see this. What all is done to your bike? It just so happens we are realativley close.
just a sprocket and thats all.

+1 in the rear and thats all.

LETS GO RIDE BUD!!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

just a sprocket and thats all.

+1 in the rear and thats all.

LETS GO RIDE BUD!!
Should be a good run then. My fat, heavy, pig of a WS6 vs your light, fast, high powered bike. When I hit the city, I'll pm you too.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Should be a good run then. My fat, heavy, pig of a WS6 vs your light, fast, high powered bike. When I hit the city, I'll pm you too.
cool which part of oklahoma you from?
im sure that fat, heavy pig of a ws6 of yours is fast as **** to be wanting to run a bike haha

Quick Reply: I almost lost to a Sentra SE R!