Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First deaths

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008 | 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
keeping the displacement at 281 and not going to 302ci it has hit 400rwhp already but 450rwhp is possible but most likely high compression, huge cams, and a lot of money.

-Mark
everything you just said was pretty much a repeat of what i said the first time

i said it cost like 15g's for the motor and it had some gigantimous cams, and im postitive it was forged and like 12.5:1 compression too, i mean these were guys that had simliar stangs in the single digits with these motors this was just a toned down one and it still cost 15g's! good lord
Old 11-07-2008 | 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

I don't think it would be 15g's. Maybe 10 tops.

3500 for the shortblock
3000 for the heads
1000 for the cams
500 for the intake
Some misc crap I'm forgetting.

But then again I don't care what it puts down on the rollers. I care what ET it puts down. Don't need a lot of hp to go fast.

-Mark
Old 11-07-2008 | 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

and i think alot of the stuff was custom and also like they said with a DOHC you have 4 cams to degree and the tech on the show said it took him about 4-5 hours to degree the cams after install. so you are also looking at some major labor charges ( or the less experienced motor guys would be at least, not sure about you but i dont have all the necesary's for that kinda stuff.

I don't think it would be 15g's. Maybe 10 tops.

3500 for the shortblock
3000 for the heads
1000 for the cams
500 for the intake
Some misc crap I'm forgetting.

But then again I don't care what it puts down on the rollers. I care what ET it puts down. Don't need a lot of hp to go fast.

-Mark
very true my friend very true, what you cant put to the ground doesnt count for sh*t, its all about what that timer at the end of the 1/4 or 1/8th says and which lane is victorious, not HP numbers.
Old 11-07-2008 | 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
My issue is the RPMs hang around 1,200rpms @ part throttle and when I come to a stop they will drop to idle but sometimes it will stall. The car revs fine all the way to 7500rpms. (haven't taken it past that)
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
It just needs a retune.

But first I'm going to up the boost some. I'd like 700rwhp on pump gas.
Either retune or a MAF issue (transfer, etc.)

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
Geez, talking about being ...To the o.p., there's supposed to be a shop somewhere in Pearl that will let u make some dyno pulls on. I think it's like $100 for 3 pulls...may want to check into it...U ever run at Byram?
I agree....3 pulls to double check that A/F
keeping the displacement at 281 and not going to 302ci it has hit 400rwhp already but 450rwhp is possible but most likely high compression, huge cams, and a lot of money.

-Mark
Definitely pricey. IDK about you, I've only seen on 400rwhp 281. Most that high are Strokers. LOTs of money is definitely it.

I'mma gonna search this HPTV mod motor..and see what I can find.
Old 11-07-2008 | 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
and i think alot of the stuff was custom and also like they said with a DOHC you have 4 cams to degree and the tech on the show said it took him about 4-5 hours to degree the cams after install. so you are also looking at some major labor charges ( or the less experienced motor guys would be at least, not sure about you but i dont have all the necesary's for that kinda stuff.

very true my friend very true, what you cant put to the ground doesnt count for sh*t, its all about what that timer at the end of the 1/4 or 1/8th says and which lane is victorious, not HP numbers.
Yep...from what I've been told, cam degree timing on mod motors is no easy task..and it is essential to making good power.