Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stupid vette owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zx10r
also i realized that riding a bike, has made me more aware when im driving a car. idk if this is just me, but im sure any motorcycle can relate.
most definitely has. sometimes i have to remind myself I'm in a car so I don't try to split lanes lol
Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Teching In

also i realized that riding a bike, has made me more aware when im driving a car. idk if this is just me, but im sure any motorcycle can relate.
Same here! I have been riding bikes for 9 years now, Wrecked numerous times(stunts) and had plenty of close calls. I have kicked in 2 doors that I remember and it wasn't somebody trying to swerve at me... both times it was someone not paying attention and just started coming into my lane on roads with no shoulder and boxed in traffic, both had the deer in the headlights look and i threw my hands up like WTF?? they both appologized, but you definitely have to watch other drivers when your on a bike...tunnel vision will get you killed!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 16 YO children

I don't understand the "logic" of some of the: "Ur a f'ing idiot" / "So, you think you're so kewl" replies in this particular forum.

Some of these "Smarter / Kooler / Safer than thou people" - what can you say? You never get thru to them...

W/ respect to your bike story, I must agree 16 YO mental giants (regardless of how long they've actually been living on this planet / been tallking trash on this forum), are just that - nothing more than 16 YO children.

i wasnt talking about all corvette owners,
so dont get your panties ina bunch
Old 12-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Launching!

i was driving down the highway the other day and some dick in an SL500 benz came flying past me so i gave chase, he slowed down and hit the gas again and i dropped a gear and stopped his pull and started gaining some back and this dude just swirved half way into my lane and pushed me into the rumble strips on the shoulder. thank god he didn't hit you on your bike man. shoulda dropped behind him and blew out one of his tires...he woulda had alot of trouble explaining that one to daddy.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 87gnx
I grew up in "small town U.S.A.", my cousin used to carry a ten oz. ball peen hammer in his boot, when he rode.He called it a "traffic cop", there were a few cars around with side mirrors busted out.

I actually Laughed Out Loud after reading this....haha
Old 12-06-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

you do prove a good point, but i forgot to state, its not loaded, the clip is in under the rear seat. its a rear holster, its not tucked in my pants, but on the outside, its a black holster, and its not that noticable, considering my jacket, comes down on the back about a inch and a half or two. and i do it cause i love my ccw license, and i understand your not trying to start ****. its all cool, your rightful to your own opinion.
Alright, lets get this straight. First, you handled it the best you could. Everyone is home safely. Second Carrying a Concealed firearm is governed by state, not federal statute. Federal Statute applies to current Law Enforcement officers allowing them to carry concealed regardless of state statute. The arguement about living in the ghetto or it would be too late..... wow. You can and should have it loaded. I carry a loaded glock with one chambered at all times on me. I carry a P90 assault rifle in my trunk of my personal vehiccle. You are free to make your choices, as is the poster. And to clarrify, before you get to the "jury" you have to have an ofc. choose to file and establish probable cause that a STATE statute has been violated. Then an asst State's Attorney would have to deem the case very likely for successful prosecution. To clarrify, had he chosen to draw the weapon, it would have been justified. I urge you to familiarize yourself with the law prior to attacking a citizen who acted in a safe and prudent manner. That is all.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Teching In

I would have done the same thing if I were the OP. He was completely within his rights. BUT, a lot of bikes aren't as responsible as you it seems. I'm 18 with "daddy's" vette, and try to stay the hell away from bikes. They scare the crap out of me when they drive like idiots in front of me, so I keep my distance. Also daddy is an ems pilot so he gets his fair share of darwin awards with idiots on bikes. it's a two way street is my point, no offense.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Alright, lets get this straight. First, you handled it the best you could. Everyone is home safely. Second Carrying a Concealed firearm is governed by state, not federal statute. Federal Statute applies to current Law Enforcement officers allowing them to carry concealed regardless of state statute. The arguement about living in the ghetto or it would be too late..... wow. You can and should have it loaded. I carry a loaded glock with one chambered at all times on me. I carry a P90 assault rifle in my trunk of my personal vehiccle. You are free to make your choices, as is the poster. And to clarrify, before you get to the "jury" you have to have an ofc. choose to file and establish probable cause that a STATE statute has been violated. Then an asst State's Attorney would have to deem the case very likely for successful prosecution. To clarrify, had he chosen to draw the weapon, it would have been justified. I urge you to familiarize yourself with the law prior to attacking a citizen who acted in a safe and prudent manner. That is all.
i always usually carry.
but i live in a medium class family, about 2 miles away from the ghetto. i love my .40 but a Assualt Rifle? why? not trying to bash? i think a .40 is plenty man stopping power.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

i always usually .
yea i love those 60% of the time, everytime's.

haha

sorry couldnt help myself.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Ya gotta watch the cagers. There's places I just wouldn't ride. Out where I live it ain't as bad. More likely to have a bear or deer run out in front of ya as a car. I have had a couple of morons come into my lane without looking. I NEVER sit in a blindspot. I usually jet by and let off so I'm between cars rather than beside them, in lanes next to me.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badhawk
So you joined this sight to tell us about a 16 yo in daddys vette. Were you hoping he's a member here to start a fight? Thanks for the contribution.

There are stupid drivers every where. Atleast once a week everyone has a bad experience. All we can say is sorry and be careful of them. Hopefully that 1 out of a million wise ***'s is a little more mature.
BTW Goodluck with your "Owning All"???
hahahahha cry us a river buddy
Old 12-09-2008, 03:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you just merely pulled your jacket up to scratch your back...

hhahahahahahahahahah you handled it perfectly man..
Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Ya gotta watch the cagers. There's places I just wouldn't ride. Out where I live it ain't as bad. More likely to have a bear or deer run out in front of ya as a car. I have had a couple of morons come into my lane without looking. I NEVER sit in a blindspot. I usually jet by and let off so I'm between cars rather than beside them, in lanes next to me.
well i usually dont ride in anywhere near the east side of the capitol, just super ghetto!, just people driving and i swear everyone has there stereo and bass turned the crap up! and they are leaned back so far they cant see me.

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
yea i love those 60% of the time, everytime's.

haha

sorry couldnt help myself.
its ok, and what i meant was when i go to church, or bank or something. i never carry, but thats obvious.

Originally Posted by lemons12
you just merely pulled your jacket up to scratch your back...

hhahahahahahahahahah you handled it perfectly man..
haha yeah i just had itch
Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Is cager some sort of derogatory term for someone driving a car?
I'd look it up myself but I don't care enough too... lol
Actually, I'm not sure I'm going to return to this thread...
Anyway... I think the OP did the right thing. Also, anyone who acts like a Jackass involving and endangering other vehicles should be taken off the road. If you're going to do something stupid do it when no one is around.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Not really derogatory, it just states the fact that in a car or truck, ya have a steel cage around ya.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

i always usually carry.
but i live in a medium class family, about 2 miles away from the ghetto. i love my .40 but a Assualt Rifle? why? not trying to bash? i think a .40 is plenty man stopping power.
Unfortunately the AR is a necessity even when I am not working. There are those out there who would find losing their lives a fair trade off for an attempt on mine, and I wont be outgunned in that situation. A 40 cal does not have the stopping power people think.... unless you can make a head shot while moving and shooting a moving target who is firing at you with an assault rifle. A 40 will not penetrate a vest much less the sheet metal of a car door. My circumstances require a different degree of preparedness.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Launching!

Unfortunately the AR is a necessity even when I am not working. There are those out there who would find losing their lives a fair trade off for an attempt on mine, and I wont be outgunned in that situation. A 40 cal does not have the stopping power people think.... unless you can make a head shot while moving and shooting a moving target who is firing at you with an assault rifle. A 40 will not penetrate a vest much less the sheet metal of a car door. My circumstances require a different degree of preparedness.
buddy of mine keeps his ps90 and glock model 21 in his z06... also we r 20 and also run into these idiots who get pissed when we dont wanna beat them in a race....im am not proud of my fellow 'young crowd' most of em make us all look bad
Old 12-14-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<Class A holder w/ doubles and triples, tanker, and hazmat endorsements

I see the idiotic crap the majority of all Class C holders do everyday. Motorcycles and cars. Get a professional license, come back, we'll talk.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 94LT1Bird
buddy of mine keeps his ps90 and glock model 21 in his z06... also we r 20 and also run into these idiots who get pissed when we dont wanna beat them in a race....im am not proud of my fellow 'young crowd' most of em make us all look bad
You hit the nail on the head. Yes the "Ghetto's" and that group of society are bad, but are usually content with killing, stealing, and whatever else to their own group. ALOT of 17 and 18 year old "good" kids are walking around with guns and commiting just as serious of crimes. How about 3 guns I've taken in 8 days. A loaded 357 mag that a 17 year old tried to shoot another kid over a girl and a Colt Govt issue 10mm and Rossi 38 that an 18 year old pointed at another kid in a basketball court disagreement..... he also had 275 grams of weed. For those that dont know that is a brick the size of a shoe box.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

A 40 cal does not have the stopping power people think....

A 40 will not penetrate a vest much less the sheet metal of a car door. My circumstances require a different degree of preparedness.
Federal Law Enforcement agencies and gunshot victims who were sitting in their cars would disagree with you.